Unknown / newly discovered "Archie Bell" track

Sunnysoul

Seller  on this ebay item attributes the track to Archie Bell but ,  aside from the song intro being vaguely inspired by Tighten Up,   the vocal bears little resemblance to Archie Bell.

What do others think ?

Sound clip is provided with the ebay item :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Archie-Bell-Be-Good-To-Me-c-u-Unknown-Soul-Northern-Crossover-Motown-Tmg-Rar/121722515152?_trksid=p2047675.c100012.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131230161411%26meid%3Db81b9d038df7429b9d3a350c298f2be1%26pid%3D100012%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D111807259552

If you like it , go ahead and pay 1.5 K for it .... (no,  I'm not the seller and in no way associated with the seller!)

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

"Unknown Soul Northern Crossover Motown Tmg Rare Modern Funk RnB R&B Oldie's Classics Ultra Mega Popcorn Beat Mod Club New Breed Reggae Disco Boogie Doowop Rock n Roll Teen 50s 60s Physic Freakbeat Pop Records Vinyl"

Covered all of the bases then.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Jaco said:

"Unknown Soul Northern Crossover Motown Tmg Rare Modern Funk RnB R&B Oldie's Classics Ultra Mega Popcorn Beat Mod Club New Breed Reggae Disco Boogie Doowop Rock n Roll Teen 50s 60s Physic Freakbeat Pop Records Vinyl"

Covered all of the bases then.

Missed out my favourite - " Tittyshaker" :wicked:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Jazz-Rap with Happy-Clappy lyrics going nowhere. Never sure how to start pricing these ultra-rare tracks (or totally overlooked B sides) but this one would be overpriced at £50 as it is markedly inferior to what's already out there. Only a completist aware of the real identity of the artist would pay heftily for it before realising the outlay was impulsive.

Social source share

21 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Never sure how to start pricing these ultra-rare tracks (or totally overlooked B sides) but this one would be overpriced at £50 as it is markedly inferior to what's already out there. Only a completist aware of the real identity of the artist would pay heftily for it before realising the outlay was impulsive.

$54 on ebay, but I'd gladly pay another £1464 to complete my collection of records produced by the Reverend Aloes  Lafleur!

Edited by simon t
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!