Funny Article In Today's Guardian About The Vinyl Revival In The UK

Very droll Ian. Personally, I find the more time I spend in record stores, the more sociable I become, even asking the owner politely for a chair so the missus can sit down and relax for five hours. I draw the line at growing a beard to appear dysfunctional as being mistaken for a Jazz fan is unfunny.

Actually, I'm getting fed up of all these 'vinyl sales up' stories and those Christmas present suggestion articles featuring Crosley briefcases. On a positive note though, any demand for record players and vinyl accessories can only be good for us serious collectors.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, Ian Dewhirst said:

Hahaha lol. Very funny article by Bill Brewster in today's Guardian about the Vinyl Revival on the The UKs high streets........

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/07/vinyl-sales-tesco-lps-labels

Ian D :)

So Ian, how does the sales at your own company stack up against the comments made in the article you've posted?

Dave

Social source share

17 hours ago, Ian Dewhirst said:

Hahaha lol. Very funny article by Bill Brewster in today's Guardian about the Vinyl Revival on the The UKs high streets........

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/07/vinyl-sales-tesco-lps-labels

You have to love the Brewster! Many a good night in Lowlife including seeing you on the odd occasion.....

Rich

Social source share

18 hours ago, Louise said:

So Ian, how does the sales at your own company stack up against the comments made in the article you've posted?

Dave

Well I'm not actually with any company at this point in time, so nothing to measure. This may change but right now I'm unencumbered by any corporate baggage......:)

Social source share

On 12/10/2015 at 16:35, jordirip said:

Record shops have always been the home of the socially inept male, but never quite in the same league as those dungeons and dragons type of model shops where all manner of strangeness seems to go on. Anyway, I thought it was a flaying offence to read the Guardian in here.

I used to spend every Saturday trawling every record shop in the Midlands, I chatted to all the socially inept males you speak of and scared most of them half to death haha 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 01:11, Ian Dewhirst said:

Well I'm not actually with any company at this point in time, so nothing to measure. This may change but right now I'm unencumbered by any corporate baggage......:)

Hi Ian

Sorry to hear that I hope you get fixed up real soon.

ATB

Dave

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!