Zodiac Company Sleeve ?

Tlscapital

I got this 45 this morning. The Zodiac company sleeve is something I wasn't aware of to exist as such. It looks strange somehow (typo logo not the same & the zodiac signs are not the same either) and so I wondered if it's not an other record company sleeve and someone just decided to put it on Ruby Andrew's 45... Anyone out there knows better about it;

Scan10001.thumb.JPG.406ce33ba2b724f631fc

Social source share

20 minutes ago, SWIFTY said:

Was it off ebay mate , as I saw the same cover a few days ago on Zodiac record and thought the same

No it was from a list. You're right there's also one for Ruby's 'Casanova' (Zodiac) on the evilBay from an American seller: 56699b63b90df_Capturedcran2015-12-1016.3

Edited by tlscapital
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I'll now want to get about 27 of those Greek sleeves to house my US Zodiac records.  They look quite nice, and I don't care that they were not connected with Ric Williams' label.  that's not half as funny as my Chicago 1953-1956 Parrot records  by Paul Bascomb, The Flamingos, J.B. Lenoir sitting in mid 1960s London-distributed Parrot sleeves (instead of that Welshman, Tom Jones! :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, the yank said:

Someone in the U.S. made up company sleeves for a lot of the Doo Wop labels that were around in the 50's. Don't

have one but will try to post a link if I can find them for sale. I know I've seen Parrot, Blue Lake, Chance etc.

Thanks.  That would be great!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!