John & Wierdness

Soul-slider

john___wierdest___no_time___tie_45.jpg(pSee John & The Wierdest (Tie) on Evilbay yesterday went for £1,668.....

my question is, how can the buyer be 100% sure it's an original, I mean, the seller claims it has the matrix numbers T-101-A triangle68365....well, i'm sorry to say, so does my copy and I bought it twenty odd years ago for about £5 and was always under the impression mine's a boot. My copy looks absolutely identical in every way to the one sold. The thing that puzzles me is the seller does not mention the stamp that should be there...a circle with AR stamped inside it. My copy has this circle but it looks homemade if you know what I mean and yes, it is almost see through when I hold it up to a strong light (J.Manship's bootleg guide), again, something the seller fails to mention.

Anyone else on here got a boot? What's the score?

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

john___wierdest___no_time___tie_45.jpg(pSee John & The Wierdest (Tie) on Evilbay yesterday went for £1,668.....

my question is, how can the buyer be 100% sure it's an original, I mean, the seller claims it has the matrix numbers T-101-A triangle68365....well, i'm sorry to say, so does my copy and I bought it twenty odd years ago for about £5 and was always under the impression mine's a boot. My copy looks absolutely identical in every way to the one sold. The thing that puzzles me is the seller does not mention the stamp that should be there...a circle with AR stamped inside it. My copy has this circle but it looks homemade if you know what I mean and yes, it is almost see through when I hold it up to a strong light (J.Manship's bootleg guide), again, something the seller fails to mention.

Anyone else on here got a boot? What's the score?

Hold it up to a bright light, the boots are see-through dark brown vinyl.

Social source share

I have seen these boots and the circle is scratch in, when they first surfaced who ever was bringing them in distressed some of them if you know what i mean and a very well known dealer collector was fooled at first :(

If I knew how to get a link for the one on Ebay i'd post it. That's exactly my reason for this thread, whoever sold that record for £1,668 hopefully knows what they are doing, as I said, in the description it does not mention anything about a stamped circle, just says it has the right matrix numbers, well even the boots have the right matrix numbers!! The seller also doesn't state that it's heavy, thick (unsee through) vinyl..... hope the winner's got a real one!

Social source share

If I knew how to get a link for the one on Ebay i'd post it. That's exactly my reason for this thread, whoever sold that record for £1,668 hopefully knows what they are doing, as I said, in the description it does not mention anything about a stamped circle, just says it has the right matrix numbers, well even the boots have the right matrix numbers!! The seller also doesn't state that it's heavy, thick (unsee through) vinyl..... hope the winner's got a real one!

I saw it and was a little concerned hope its ok, got mine of Ovenchips for £110

Social source share

I saw it and was a little concerned hope its ok, got mine of Ovenchips for £110

All essential homework was done previous to listing; the "circle" marking is there, and the disc is not transparent. It is 1000% real and original 60's press.It is guarenteed. :ohmy:

Good questions, maybe it might have gotten more if these facts were cleared up...

Social source share

All essential homework was done previous to listing; the "circle" marking is there, and the disc is not transparent. It is 1000% real and original 60's press.It is guarenteed. :thumbsup:

Good questions, maybe it might have gotten more if these facts were cleared up...

Nice one Mike :thumbsup: , I see your point, should've mentioned about the circle and the darkness of the vinyl and it might have got over £2,000...

Well done anyway.

John

Social source share

Nice one Mike :thumbsup: , I see your point, should've mentioned about the circle and the darkness of the vinyl and it might have got over £2,000...

Well done anyway.

John

I think that everyone that is really intrested in bidding on such an expensive and booted records would send an e-mail to the seller to confirm its authenticity. I know I would.

Social source share

OK anorak time, borrowed an original & boot......

1. The boots are see-through dark brown vinyl when held up to a bright light.

2. The originals have a conjoined "AS" in a perfect circle stamped in the run-out, on the boot it looks like a hand-drawn circle with a ‘zl’ and little ‘c’ in it.

3 The delta mark 68365 (68365-X) & T-101-A (T-101- cool.gif on the originals are approx 4 - 5mm high, on the boot they are approx 2-3mm high.

4. Although almost the same shade of yellow, the original label is matt; the boot is glossy, particularly the few mm around the edge with the run out which is quite shiny.

5. Around the central hole the step down on the boot is almost continuous, whereas on the original is it for 2/3 then plateaux’s out for the last 1/3.

6. On ‘No time’ the run-out is approx 12mm on both copies. However on CGOTM, it’s about 9mm on the original & 12mm on the boot

Social source share

OK anorak time, borrowed an original & boot......

1. The boots are see-through dark brown vinyl when held up to a bright light.

2. The originals have a conjoined "AS" in a perfect circle stamped in the run-out, on the boot it looks like a hand-drawn circle with a 'zl' and little 'c' in it.

3 The delta mark 68365 (68365-X) & T-101-A (T-101- cool.gif on the originals are approx 4 - 5mm high, on the boot they are approx 2-3mm high.

4. Although almost the same shade of yellow, the original label is matt; the boot is glossy, particularly the few mm around the edge with the run out which is quite shiny.

5. Around the central hole the step down on the boot is almost continuous, whereas on the original is it for 2/3 then plateaux's out for the last 1/3.

6. On 'No time' the run-out is approx 12mm on both copies. However on CGOTM, it's about 9mm on the original & 12mm on the boot

Oop`s.

Edited by ken
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!