Most desirable picture sleeves for rare US 45s?

Derek Pearson

Following on from the Picture Sleeves Value thread I'd be interested to see what other members think are the most desirable picture sleeves to wrap around some of our rare American soul 45s?

Collecting picture sleeves isn't really my thing so my knowledge is pretty limited so for starters how about -

H.B. Barnum "It hurts too much to cry" (RCA).

The Commands on Dynamic.

Damn brain freeze has just suddenly walked into my mind.

Help me out chaps.

Desirable could also mean most valuable and/or rarest.

Derek

The Metroes "Since I Found My Baby" on German RCA looks very neat indeed but that doesn't count on this thread it'll be on the follow up.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Derek Pearson said:

Following on from the Picture Sleeves Value thread I'd be interested to see what other members think are the most desirable picture sleeves to wrap around some of our rare American soul 45s?

Collecting picture sleeves isn't really my thing so my knowledge is pretty limited so for starters how about -

H.B. Barnum "It hurts too much to cry" (RCA).

The Commands on Dynamic.

Damn brain freeze has just suddenly walked into my mind.

Help me out chaps.

Desirable could also mean most valuable and/or rarest.

Derek

The Metroes "Since I Found My Baby" on German RCA looks very neat indeed but that doesn't count on this thread it'll be on the follow up.

Talking 6T's or early 7T's I hear; Sam Fletcher 'I'd think it over' even though it's only an art-sleeve for such a "must have" 45... the Jesse Davis 'there's room for me' if you're into such a thing... Jackie Washington 'why won't they let me be' on Vanguard is great, overlooked and not rare enough or too subtle for some... Gino Washington 'it's winter' on Atac... 

Off course both Commands are the must for such great 45s IMHO.

But sorry, I don't agree for the Metros (which I had few copies through the years) that is such a cheap picture sleeve (bad paper and cheap print work in comparaison with other German PS) and when you get the USA LP with those deep and electric blue colors, you get the picture !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert