Billy Harner - What about the music instrumental

Just wondered if anyone ever got one of these mis-presses?
I know that Jumbo records in Leeds got some sent in their order when they got the vocal ones, and were offered out to customers, but not knowing how rare it would become, they refused them :ohmy:. Apparently 'Hunter Smith' The then owner sent them all back. When he realised how rare it would be, he rang the company up to see if he could get them back, but was told that they had been melted down.
I wonder if any other shops got any, and did anyone buy one?

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

6 hours ago, Northern Soul UK said:

Just wondered if anyone ever got one of these mis-presses?
I know that Jumbo records in Leeds got some sent in their order when they got the vocal ones, and were offered out to customers, but not knowing how rare it would become, they refused them :ohmy:. Apparently 'Hunter Smith' The then owner sent them all back. When he realised how rare it would be, he rang the company up to see if he could get them back, but was told that they had been melted down.
I wonder if any other shops got any, and did anyone buy one?

Simon Soussan bought one. I was 10 minutes too late!!!!!

Social source share

On 12/12/2015 at 01:32, Northern Soul UK said:

I know that Jumbo records in Leeds got some sent in their order when they got the vocal ones, and were offered out to customers, but not knowing how rare it would become, they refused them . Apparently 'Hunter Smith' The then owner sent them all back. When he realised how rare it would be, he rang the company up to see if he could get them back, but was told that they had been melted down.

"he rang the company up to see if he could get them back" - I'll bet he did! Pretty sharpish as well.

Probably offered to come down in a taxi to pick 'em up (all the way from Leeds).

Oh well it's only vinyl.

Derek

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!