News: Tardam Records - Label dedicated to Soul and R&B dancefloor tunes

Guest Tardam Records

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest johnny hart

Great "New" versions of 2 Ns &1 Rand B tunes : "Cum,in" {too many ,,,,1} is readily available on Cd reissue and Bootees, Southwind Symphony Instrois played ,recently Lee Jeffries AndMatt Early did a similarly competant note for note cover as this New Tardam release on their Sonic Wax {did it sell or set the scene on fire? }, The adorable Ian levine got critcized for covering the Greats in his early days,but he did try and bring something new to the party! When money is too tight too mention,and your market is a scene obsessed with OVO  and originality ,Why ? Lol Johnny Hart

Social source share

Why? 

I'd guess because the rest of Europe isn't brainwashed and suffering from tunnel vision and is open minded enough to recognise a decent tune, cover version  or not. as stated by Russell Gilbert above. There's bloody thousands of cover versions out there that are played out week in week out, but just happen to be thirty plus years old.

I seem to remember a scene which blossomed because it was unregulated, underground and unrestricted by fecking rules which the soul police in the UK repeatedly try to enforce. 

"lighten up" We only live once so live and let live. Enjoy the moment and remember , it's only fecking music !

13 hours ago, conchitta said:

Great "New" versions of 2 Ns &1 Rand B tunes : "Cum,in" {too many ,,,,1} is readily available on Cd reissue and Bootees, Southwind Symphony Instrois played ,recently Lee Jeffries AndMatt Early did a similarly competant note for note cover as this New Tardam release on their Sonic Wax {did it sell or set the scene on fire? }, The adorable Ian levine got critcized for covering the Greats in his early days,but he did try and bring something new to the party! When money is too tight too mention,and your market is a scene obsessed with OVO  and originality ,Why ? Lol Johnny Hart

Why? 

I'd guess because the rest of Europe isn't brainwashed and suffering from tunnel vision and is open minded enough to recognise a decent tune, cover version  or not. There's bloody thousands of cover versions out there that are played out week in week out, but just happen to be thirty plus years old.

I seem to remember a scene which blossomed because it was unregulated, underground and unrestricted by fecking rules which the soul police in the UK repeatedly try to enforce. 

"lighten up" We only live once so live and let live. Enjoy the moment and remember , it's only fecking music !

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!