News: Staple Singers Box Set - Faith & Grace: A Family Journey 1953-1976

Mike

Just to say I've had 2 sets of these comp and they both have playing faults on CDs 2 & 3, which from my experience will not play the last track on each of those CDs.

I believe it is a manufacturing fault. Gutted as The Staples are one of my favs and was really looking forward to having this in my collection.

So be warned when you purchase this item.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest closedms

Mine plays OK, only thing I was miffed at, I paid Amazon £43.99 pre-order price which never dropped, on release I was checking the price & 2 of the Amazon Marketplace traders were selling it at £14.77 + £1.26 postage. Furthermore I now see the price is £36.99, moral I won't be pre-ordering in future.

PS of course I had to buy one of the sets for £14.77, as I can't resist a bargain.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/12/2015 at 20:56, Man from Soul said:

Mine plays OK, only thing I was miffed at, I paid Amazon £43.99 pre-order price which never dropped, on release I was checking the price & 2 of the Amazon Marketplace traders were selling it at £14.77 + £1.26 postage. Furthermore I now see the price is £36.99, moral I won't be pre-ordering in future.

PS of course I had to buy one of the sets for £14.77, as I can't resist a bargain.

You were lucky to get it at £14.77!, that's incredibly good value. As you say Amazon are still £43.66 and  It's back in a JUNO at £37.99 [Jan 2016], which upon searching around seems the average price. I still want this box set but somewhat hesitant that I might get faulty disc(s) again.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!