News: Staple Singers Box Set - Faith & Grace: A Family Journey 1953-1976

Source
Followers 0

Posted

News/Article/Feature Highlight:

Staple Singers - Faith & Grace: A Family Journey 1953-1976 , listing, preview clips follow...

View full article

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 5
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking forward to this release, their Riverside output is glorious. Yes this looks like an early Xmas present to myself.  A real deal box set. Love & Soul BJ

Just to say I've had 2 sets of these comp and they both have playing faults on CDs 2 & 3, which from my experience will not play the last track on each of those CDs. I believe it is a manufac

Posted

Looking forward to this release, their Riverside output is glorious. Yes this looks like an early Xmas present to myself. 

A real deal box set.

Love & Soul

BJ

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Just to say I've had 2 sets of these comp and they both have playing faults on CDs 2 & 3, which from my experience will not play the last track on each of those CDs.

I believe it is a manufacturing fault. Gutted as The Staples are one of my favs and was really looking forward to having this in my collection.

So be warned when you purchase this item.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

On hold at Amazon at the moment

soul source url
Social source share
Guest closedms
Posted

Mine plays OK, only thing I was miffed at, I paid Amazon £43.99 pre-order price which never dropped, on release I was checking the price & 2 of the Amazon Marketplace traders were selling it at £14.77 + £1.26 postage. Furthermore I now see the price is £36.99, moral I won't be pre-ordering in future.

PS of course I had to buy one of the sets for £14.77, as I can't resist a bargain.

soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 22/12/2015 at 20:56, Man from Soul said:

Mine plays OK, only thing I was miffed at, I paid Amazon £43.99 pre-order price which never dropped, on release I was checking the price & 2 of the Amazon Marketplace traders were selling it at £14.77 + £1.26 postage. Furthermore I now see the price is £36.99, moral I won't be pre-ordering in future.

PS of course I had to buy one of the sets for £14.77, as I can't resist a bargain.

You were lucky to get it at £14.77!, that's incredibly good value. As you say Amazon are still £43.66 and  It's back in a JUNO at £37.99 [Jan 2016], which upon searching around seems the average price. I still want this box set but somewhat hesitant that I might get faulty disc(s) again.

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. Staple Singers - For What It's Worth - Uk Columbia
    Record Wants by denbo on Mon 14 Sep 2020
    • 1 / 221
    • denbo on 14 Sep 2020