2015 Polls - Top Soul Comp Album Nominations

Mike

How about a top 2015 compilation soul release album thread ?

Just stop what you are doing and backtrack over 2015 for the soul comp cd from 2015 that has given you the most pleasure this year

Once its popped up into your head, then just post it up (or if rather pm me the title)

Then in 7 days time we can total up the calls and we have the Soul Source 2015 Soul Comp cd poll results

Minimum fuss, no bother, just post your nomination up and if you can pass on  the reasons why,,,,

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 12/16/2015 at 14:37, mike said:

How about a top 2015 compilation soul release album thread ?

Just stop what you are doing and backtrack over 2015 for the soul comp cd from 2015 that has given you the most pleasure this year

Once its popped up into your head, then just post it up (or if rather pm me the title)

Then in 7 days time we can total up the calls and we have the Soul Source 2015 Soul Comp cd poll results

Minimum fuss, no bother, just post your nomination up and if you can pass on  the reasons why,,,,

one so far via pm - thanks :thumbsup:

I guess the rest of you are still making your minds up yep

here's some reminders 

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/articles/soul-releases/

Social source share

A bit of a big compilation from me. Rare Soul: Groove & Grind 1963-1973 is a four disc set that I don't think I have seen mentioned on SS.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019GLEONM?keywords=Rare%20Soul%3A%20Groove%20%26%20Grind%201963-1973&qid=1450380428&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I am pleased to say I got mine for significantly less than the current amazon price. There are some real rarities on this and I really rate it. The records were provided by Billy Vera, James Austin and Victor Pearlin. Bill Dahl did the liner notes in the very impressive book it's all packaged in. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Can't currently remember first half of this year but certainly this last few months these two Ace/Kent releases have been good companions in the car..

Masterpieces of Modern Soul Vol 4

Lost Without you: The best of Kent ballads 2

For what it's worth I think it's been another fantastic year for all sorts of different compilations and general new releases...long may it continue. :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Maybe we should have a favourite album vote as well, as there's been a few good ones this year. on a personal note i've not bought to many compilations, "soul" one's anyways. but heres a few i'll chuck in the ring...............

Truth & Soul 2015 forecast sampler

Henry Stone's Miami Soul - The record Man's Finest 45's

alan

Social source share

Although The Odyssey was an immense project and extremely listenable I am going with the Lost Without You Kent ballads cd simply because it is the one that I have enjoyed the most, probably because most of it was new to me and although it is definitely a grower it is worth persevering with it.

Social source share

ok the idea was just a bit light hearted members talk about soul music

so thanks to all who joined in  :thumbsup:

had one via pm from John as below

'I'm going to pick  Japanese release MALACO DEEP SOUL COLLECTION - Rare & Unreleased Singles. Loads of good music I didn't know.'

So a quick count up and it looks the members choice for comp of the year is.....

'The Odyssey'

Thanks again and Happy Xmas

mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!