Northern Soul All-nighter

at

SHERIDANS

Calder Wharf Mills, Huddersfield Road

Dewsbury, WF13 3JW

November 18th

9.30pm - 7.00am

with DJ's

Ginger Taylor, Chris King, Bob Hinsley, Andy Dyson, Mick H, Soul Sam, Kev Murphy, Chalky & Leon.

Playing the very best Northern Soul, something for everyone!!

TENNER GETS YOU IN

Record bar with some of the top dealers in attendance.

Table are free but must be booked prior to the night.

Further Info or questions:

Ginger @ 07885 583845

Andy @ Dysonsoul@aol.com or Tel: 01302 744927

Mick @ Trentsoul@aol.com or Tel: 07968 030464

Chalky @ chalky@soultown.eclipse.co.uk or Tel: 07743 863523

Future dates:

NEW YEARS EVE

Party Night featuring DJ's from both the Lifeline & Dusk Till Dawn Soul Clubs spinning the best in Northern Soul! The place to see in the New Year!!!

January 21st

March 17th

July 21st

Edited by chalky
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

CHALKY, We can`t make this one as we`re off to the Sauf Coast to Mollie & Tracey`s for weekend & to Bisley, to see how the other half live. Honest Guvn`r :lol:

Pity as this is first "Dawn 2 Dusk" & we`d have loved to have been there with you all, if it`s as good as any other night there then it will be "FABULOUS", but like Lou Ragland said. :ohmy:

Anyway have a GREAT one. :wicked:

Edited by spot

CHALKY, We can`t make this one as we`re off to the Sauf Coast to Mollie & Tracey`s for weekend & to Bisley, to see how the other half live. Honest Guvn`r :lol:

Pity as this is first "Dawn 2 Dusk" & we`d have loved to have been there with you all, if it`s as good as any other night there then it will be "FABULOUS", but like Lou Ragland said. shades.gif

Anyway have a GREAT one. thumbsup.gif

ne'mind Spot...there'll be others mate, enjoy South Coast thumbsup.gif

Less than a week away now..... thumbsup.gif

Edited by chalky
Guest twoflatsup

Chalky,

4 or 5 of us coming up from Derbyshire on Saturday night. Looks like a good DJ line up, what's the music policy at your do ? I've only been up to Sheridans once before, mates didn't tell me it was "Rarest of the Rare" till we got in the carpark. Not my bag man !

See you Saturday !

Twoflatsup

Chalky,

4 or 5 of us coming up from Derbyshire on Saturday night. Looks like a good DJ line up, what's the music policy at your do ? I've only been up to Sheridans once before, mates didn't tell me it was "Rarest of the Rare" till we got in the carpark. Not my bag man !

See you Saturday !

Twoflatsup

John, I thought any bag was yours man. :huh:

Kev

Chalky,

See you Saturday !

Twoflatsup

Not the rarest of the rare, something for everyone night, quality northern soul :huh:

Chalky,

See you Saturday !

Twoflatsup

SATURDAY NIGHT EVERYONE WELCOME , LINE UP TO CATER FOR ALL TASTES ,REQUESTS AND ALL THAT .MPRE OF A GOOD TIME NORTHERN MUSIC POLICY AND RELAXED ATMOSPHERE !

LOTS OF MAILS ALREADY WITH FOLK ASKING DETAILS ,WILL POST A TIMES ETC.. NEARER TO WEEKEND .THANKS TO ALL.

Put us down for this one Andy :)

Kev.

look forward to having a pint with you kev... paul your sales table is safe mate - hopefully a good night for selling , a few fo;k returning to the niters cos sherries is up and rolling again...

great weekend ahead - wilton then dusk til dawn ....

times to follow all jocks confirmed and ready.thanks andy.

Guest sharynm

look forward to having a pint with you kev... paul your sales table is safe mate - hopefully a good night for selling , a few fo;k returning to the niters cos sherries is up and rolling again...

great weekend ahead - wilton then dusk til dawn ....

times to follow all jocks confirmed and ready.thanks andy.

looking forward to this! it only seems like five minutes since we were last there and what a good night I had!

Just hoping we don't get thrown out of the hotel again! I can't really go back to the same one as I left some Anchovies on the window ledge out of spite for them waking me up at 2.00pm :thumbsup::thumbsup: probably smelling away now if they didn't clean the room properly

ha ha

good luck with this venture

hope you get plenty in, and that you all have a good time

would have been there to support you, but am in Essex being a good daughter instead

oh and in case no-one lets on - its Jeanettes birthday so can you all make sure she gets the bumps

good luck with this venture

hope you get plenty in, and that you all have a good time

would have been there to support you, but am in Essex being a good daughter instead

oh and in case no-one lets on - its Jeanettes birthday so can you all make sure she gets the bumps

Kirsty, is Jeanette 20,or will have to give her the bumps in shifts :thumbsup:

Kev.

DJ Times for tonight....

9.30 - 10.30 Andy

10.30 - 11.30 Leon

11.30 - 12.30 Bob Hinsley

12.30 - 1.30 Soul Sam

1.30 - 2.30 Chris King

2.30 - 3.30 Ginger

3.30 - 4.30 Kev Murphy

4.30 - 5.30 Chalky

5.30 - 7.30 Andy

Times etc subject to change at managements discresion :thumbsup:

See you all tonight who's making the trip thumbsup.gif

Edited by chalky

Any word on this one?

Give us a chance Baz :P:lol: been up all weekend - finding it hard to focus let alone concentrate on posting :thumbsup:

All I can say is this is one brilliant all niter - the atmosphere was fantastic with the dance floor full all night right to the very last record where everyone was left wanting more.

This was the first all-niter from "Dusk till Dawn" Promotions, though you could be forgiven for thinking it had been running for quite some time, especially when looking around the room and seeing everyone having such a good time dancing, there was such a friendly atmosphere, that gave it a very relaxed feel. :lol:

Gotta say all DJ's in mine and many other's opinions were spot on, something for everyone was exactly what the DJ's offered and was so good to hear sound's I've not heard for many years, as well as my latest fave's.

Hope it makes sense n apologise for any spelling mistakes in advance cause so tired can't be bothered to check whistling.gif

Karen

Thanks Karen, not been to any nighters this weekend so im chomping at the bit to get the lowdowns :P

Sounds like it was a good un, glad to see sherrys firmly back on the soul map thumbsup.gif

FOLLOWING ON FROM KARENS STATEMENT .. CRACKING ATMOSPHERE, GREAT PEOPLE - POSITIVE MUSIC POLICY AND ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREAT NORTHERN SOUL VENUES TO BOOT ! NOT A PACKED HOUSE BUT CONSIDERING THE VARIOUS RUMOURS THAT THE NIGHT HAD BEEN CANCELLED ALL IN ALL A SATISFYING NIGHT.SPECIAL THANKS TO KEV MURPHY AND THE LOVELY SHAZ..FOR THE HELP WITH SOUND AND CHALKS AND KAREN FOR HELP WITH GENERAL BITS BUT MOST OF ALL THE ALL IMPORTANT PAYING CUSTOMERS WHO ALWAYS MAKE IT WORTH WHILE. THANKS !!

Guest toffee lady

FOLLOWING ON FROM KARENS STATEMENT .. CRACKING ATMOSPHERE, GREAT PEOPLE - POSITIVE MUSIC POLICY AND ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREAT NORTHERN SOUL VENUES TO BOOT ! NOT A PACKED HOUSE BUT CONSIDERING THE VARIOUS RUMOURS THAT THE NIGHT HAD BEEN CANCELLED ALL IN ALL A SATISFYING NIGHT.SPECIAL THANKS TO KEV MURPHY AND THE LOVELY SHAZ..FOR THE HELP WITH SOUND AND CHALKS AND KAREN FOR HELP WITH GENERAL BITS BUT MOST OF ALL THE ALL IMPORTANT PAYING CUSTOMERS WHO ALWAYS MAKE IT WORTH WHILE. THANKS !!

IT AGREE IT WAS A GOOD NIGHT BUT JUST ONE COMPLAINT ......THE COLD, IVE NEVER BEEN TO NITER BEFORE WHERE IVE HAD TO DANCE IN MY WINTER COAT AND THE BAR STAFF WERE WEARING HATS AND GLOVES!

Give us a chance Baz :thumbsup::yes: been up all weekend - finding it hard to focus let alone concentrate on posting :D

All I can say is this is one brilliant all niter - the atmosphere was fantastic with the dance floor full all night right to the very last record where everyone was left wanting more.

This was the first all-niter from "Dusk till Dawn" Promotions, though you could be forgiven for thinking it had been running for quite some time, especially when looking around the room and seeing everyone having such a good time dancing, there was such a friendly atmosphere, that gave it a very relaxed feel. :D

Gotta say all DJ's in mine and many other's opinions were spot on, something for everyone was exactly what the DJ's offered and was so good to hear sound's I've not heard for many years, as well as my latest fave's.

Hope it makes sense n apologise for any spelling mistakes in advance cause so tired can't be bothered to check :shades:

Karen

Hi karen just come off the phone to Martin i heard it was a exellent night i seem to be missing out on a few good nighters nowadays norwich alldayer surpport the home crowd well you know score on that(i'll be back).

Billy

Ps.are you the Karen going out with Chalky theres so many Karens on the scene today.

Guest toffee lady

It was warm where I was sharing Baileys and Vodka it was a bloody minging drink. wacko.gif

Good tunes and nice people what more do you want.

Thankyou to all out there,Kev :shades:

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TAKE MY COAT OFF!

Hi karen just come off the phone to Martin i heard it was a exellent night i seem to be missing out on a few good nighters nowadays norwich alldayer surpport the home crowd well you know score on that(i'll be back).

Billy

Ps.are you the Karen going out with Chalky theres so many Karens on the scene today.

Hello Billy,

Hope your well, haven't seen you for a few week's. Glad Martin enjoyed it, you would have a great nite - music policy would keep you on the dance floor from Dusk till Dawn... :huh: Your kinda nite - relaxed n friendly with a great buzz on dance floor... hopefully see you before xmas if not you might make the next one which is Dusk till Dawn n Life Line New Years Eve All-Nighter... :unsure:

Yes I'm Karen that goes out with Chalky :thumbsup: Funny a Label Karen n lot's of us named Karen on the Northern Scene. Tried Karen C cause surname Chandler, thought Karen Lesley as my full name but couldn't believe I meet 3 Karen Lesleys within 2 hrs of being at Prestatyn :lol: just call me Sanquine.... :thumbsup: Have a good weekend whatever your doing.

Karen

Edited by sanquine

IT AGREE IT WAS A GOOD NIGHT BUT JUST ONE COMPLAINT ......THE COLD, IVE NEVER BEEN TO NITER BEFORE WHERE IVE HAD TO DANCE IN MY WINTER COAT AND THE BAR STAFF WERE WEARING HATS AND GLOVES!

TWAS COLD INDEED ! APOLOGIES FOR THAT -THE OWNERS HAD LEFT A NOTE FOR THE FIRE TO BE STOKED UP AT LUCH TIME, BUT ALONG WITH CERTAIN OTHER REQUESTS THEY DIDN'T MATERIALISE - YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE AT 7.30 NOW IT WAS COLD THEN. PROMISE TO HAVE IT SORTED FOR NEXT TIME.THESE ARE JOBS THAT WHEN HIRING A VENUE SHOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF BEFORE HAND -SAME OLD THING IF U WANT OWT DOIN DO IT YOURSELF... THIS IS WHY YOU HAVE TO FEEL FOR THE BURSLEM LADS ..IS IT REALLY WORTH ALL THE WORK AND HEARTACHE PROMOTING IT SEEMS EVERYTHING IS AGAINST YOU ALL THE TIME !