Problems with Amazon, anyone?

Doctor Bob

I treated myself to The Staples Singers new box set Faith And Grace: A Family Journey 1953-1976 

I missed Juno selling it and ordered it through Amazon. First of all the Amazon outer packaging, a real flimsy cardboard envelope

was open and the box set, still sealed in shrink floating round for all to see. Their delivery driver pointed out that the envelope

was open, so after checking the seal wasn't broken on the shrink- all seemed ok.

On closer inspection the 'new' CDs were badly scratched on Nos 2 & 3, so much so they will not play.

I've contacted Amazon and their sending me a replacement Box set and collecting the faulty one

I'm just asking wether anyone has experience trouble with Amazon at all?

Cheers

Bob J

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

39 minutes ago, Doctor Bob said:

I treated myself to The Staples Singers new box set Faith And Grace: A Family Journey 1953-1976 

I missed Juno selling it and ordered it through Amazon. First of all the Amazon outer packaging, a real flimsy cardboard envelope

was open and the box set, still sealed in shrink floating round for all to see. Their delivery driver pointed out that the envelope

was open, so after checking the seal wasn't broken on the shrink- all seemed ok.

On closer inspection the 'new' CDs were badly scratched on Nos 2 & 3, so much so they will not play.

I've contacted Amazon and their sending me a replacement Box set and collecting the faulty one

I'm just asking wether anyone has experience trouble with Amazon at all?

Cheers

Bob J

Not normally Bob - but if the seal was not broken suspect the problem must be with the manufacturer rather than Amazon.  Can't fault Amazon's customer service normally so I'm sure they'll sort it.  Quite fancy the box set myself so keep us posted.

Social source share

UPDATE on this Box set, it appears Amazon themselves have stopped selling this because because of suspected manufacturing faults on this item

There are still private dealers selling this product BUT be warned as I've had 2 x copies of this box set and both copies have faults on CD2 & CD3, where the last track of each skip about 1.20 into the track and will not play after that. As I said I've had 2 copies of this Box set and both have the same fault. I'm gutted as the booklet is extremely informative and the Bonus 7" is a real treat, BUT the manufacture / pressing of the CDs is very poor and Amazon have now withdrawn their sale of this item.BUT is still available on Amazon through private sellers, but be warned as there seems to be a serious manufacturing fault with this release of Gospel / Southern Soul. Amazon sent me a replacement order and YES the same fault occures with CD2 & 3 skipping and not playing on Track 20!  I have  2 x CD players and both will NOT PLAY track 20 on CD2 & CD3. I believe there is a serious manufacture fault on this item, at least on the 2 that I've had and unfortunately I've requested a refund on this item. I hope other Amazon users do not experience this problem.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!