Doni Budick Candle. Pink/White Soul King Lable

Nocker

I noticed in the records wants section last week someone after the  The Dynamics I need your love which has the same backing as Candle by Doni Burdick, my curiosity got the better of me so I searched out my Soul King copy of Candle to compare them, not the first time but not done it for some time,

Anyway I looked on Popsike re value of said Doni version only to notice there are two white label copies. I always thought this was an unreleased track, found by Rod Dearlove and distributed via his Voices from the Shadows mag in the seventies. If so why two coloured labels, were there two run and which came first as I bought mine, I thought, as soon as it was advertised and available?

Social source share

There were definitely two different runs of each Soul King release one pink the other red.  Both pressings have slightly different layouts as well information such as credits and recorded dates.  Don't know which ones came first, but I ordered mine when they were first mentioned circa 1991 and mine are pink.

Social source share

10 hours ago, John Reed said:

There were definitely two different runs of each Soul King release one pink the other red.  Both pressings have slightly different layouts as well information such as credits and recorded dates.  Don't know which ones came first, but I ordered mine when they were first mentioned circa 1991 and mine are pink.

So there are Pink, White and Red ones?

Social source share

11 minutes ago, 60ssoul said:

I always thought the pink were the first ones done ?

So did I, and it seems by the notes above they were, the others followed,also Doni Burdick on Rons Records where did that one come from? and a Lowton anniversary disc...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!