6% VAT CHARGE ON EBAY SALES FROM USA?

Guest themroc

Guest themroc

Hi was wondering why a particular seller in America would want to collect a 6% VAT charge of me? Never happened before and how do I know the fella isn't just pocketing the money? Would appreciate some help as I'm starting to feel slightly mugged off! Thanks for looking, Nick.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

22 hours ago, themroc said:

Hi was wondering why a particular seller in America would want to collect a 6% VAT charge of me? Never happened before and how do I know the fella isn't just pocketing the money? Would appreciate some help as I'm starting to feel slightly mugged off! Thanks for looking, Nick.

Looks like he's asking for the local sales tax. Does he know that record would be shipped abroad ?

Social source share

On 23.12.2015 at 18:09, Chris L said:

I have to say I've never ever paid local sales tax via Ebay purchases in the even for records that got shipped to my US address (when I had one) sellers were both private and commercial companies.

Isn't the sales tax only applied for some states, not all? I've noticed several sellers have a small note about tax for certain states.

On 24.12.2015 at 08:46, themroc said:

Cheers Chris and Las.  He knows I'm in the UK and didn't charge me it in the end . It just struck me as odd ??

It's a bit odd. Maybe he was just overworked in the holiday season and charged tax without thinking about if he should or not.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!