"if The Love Bug Bites You"

Codfromderby

any ideas on this one, male vocal, not group,backing track starts off not unlike nf porter "keep on"etc, nice organ in the backing and a bit of a hook line "if the love bug bites you" had his on tape for years never knew what it was, tape machines just eaten it, know its not much to go on but ive not played it for ages, will never play it again and cant remember the words :ohmy: oh and its great

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Johnny Mack

Was wracking my brains on this and couldnt remember who it was by despite the fact I have a copy somewhere

- try Wendell Watts on Jiminie, nice piece of 70's detroit which isnt too expensive and should be fairly easy to pick up - t'other side aint bad either !

Hope this helps

Johnny Mack

any ideas on this one, male vocal, not group,backing track starts off not unlike nf porter "keep on"etc, nice organ in the backing and a bit of a hook line "if the love bug bites you" had his on tape for years never knew what it was, tape machines just eaten it, know its not much to go on but ive not played it for ages, will never play it again and cant remember the words :ohmy: oh and its great
Social source share

Was wracking my brains on this and couldnt remember who it was by despite the fact I have a copy somewhere

- try Wendell Watts on Jiminie, nice piece of 70's detroit which isnt too expensive and should be fairly easy to pick up - t'other side aint bad either !

Hope this helps

Johnny Mack

thanks for that, however just checked that out on jm,s site where you can play the other side of love bug, and it does not sound like thats the one, but hanks for the tip, the one i,m looking for is more 60,s ish

Social source share

Just a guess from title... https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/d/106604/SHANE%2C+MIKE (there's no soundclip but bit of a description) :ohmy:

thanks, seen it, on ss7, been talking about this record for ages with mates, spent loads and loads on phone calls etc, therefore have had phone bills and nights out that have cost loads but never bothered buying this record featured on jm,s for £6 :ohmy:

the original tape i had this on was from a seller who had it covered up, the other covers on the tape were stuff like the five chances, so i doubt it will be a £6 record

if i say who the seller was, would it help, and is it allowed, and would he not be pleased :ohmy:

Social source share

NEW.jpg(post-5450-1159226865_thumb.jpgNEW.jpg(post-5450-1159226865_thumb.jpg
any ideas on this one, male vocal, not group,backing track starts off not unlike nf porter "keep on"etc, nice organ in the backing and a bit of a hook line "if the love bug bites you" had his on tape for years never knew what it was, tape machines just eaten it, know its not much to go on but ive not played it for ages, will never play it again and cant remember the words :lol: oh and its great
NEW.jpg(post-5450-1159226865_thumb.jpgis NEW.jpg(post-5450-1159226865_thumb.jpgthis it
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!