J D Martin - By yourself - scaffolding pole and a 6" bolt ?

Zoomsoulblue

Perhaps he 'lost is way'?

If you look at pictures of studios pre and post multi-track recording you'll see that with the with the advent of multi-track they started to cordon off some of the musicians, particularly the 'noisy' one e.g. the percussionists. Each had a way of signalling when they had 'lost their way' and so the entire recording would be wasted if they messed up). Listen to the guitar on Gene Pitney's 24 hours from Tulsa & around 2:40 (it wasn't Nile Rogers & the producer, wanted it left on the record)

True story.

I suppose the drummers went Cozy Powell?

However, in this case I suspect it's someone on mic when they shouldn't have been after a finishing their tea/coffee, in a Tommy Copper spoon-jar-jar stylee!

Sad fooker post of 2015 winner???

Edited by simon t
&@ my hands are a 3rd the size of Pumpkinseed's
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

10 minutes ago, simon t said:

Perhaps he 'lost is way'?

If you look at pictures of studios pre and post multi-track recording you'll see that with the with the advent of multi-track they started to cordon off some of the musicians, particularly the 'noisy' one e.g. the percussionists. Each had a way of signalling when they had 'lost their way' and so the entire recording would be wasted if they messed up). Listen to the guitar on Gene Pitney's 24 hours from Tulsa @ around 2:40 (it wasn't Nile Rogers @ the producer, wanted it left on the record)

True story.

I suppose the drummers went Cozy Powell?

However, in this case I suspect it's someone on mic when they shouldn't have been after a finishing their tea/coffee, in a Tommy Copper spoon-jar-jar stylee!

Sad fooker post of 2015 winner???

Why do I feel so inferior! :(

Have a great Christmas mate.

Peter

Social source share

haha i really like the tune stormie wynters-lifesaver,but a mate said she sounds likes shes singing your a LIGHTSABER,he has bloody killed it for me!

as for recording errors,ive recorded in studios many times,and there is always a error that you pick up on later on..eg..drumstick hitting the side of the snare,a bum bass note,it can be the smallest thing,but once yours ears know its there,you dread it everytime you listen to it!

Social source share

11 hours ago, Stevie said:

Never been able to listen to Big Joe Turner - 'Two loves have I'  without hearing subtle similarities to Vic Reeves famous 'club style' deliveries...

and Vic Reeves below..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRwgNtv29ig

Classic, how does that get through the producer unless he's stoned to bits he must realise it's off key not sounding right - nice one

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!