• Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest woolie mark

https://cgi.ebay.com/Gold-Of-My-Life-Can-Yo...1QQcmdZViewItem

Due to 'worldwide demand' :yes: signature limited reissues (apparently) :lol:

Funny thing is, the starting bid is $30, but if you go to the Rockway records website, you can buy 'em for $25! :(

this is a different version - with keyboards, not so good to say the least

there have been several threads about mr cole and his "reissues" on here before - i actually think on reflection that he's been unfairly maligned - he knows that gold of my life goes for decent money cos he's seen em go on ebay, thats what he means by worldwide demand

he also knows that it has appeared on a uk modern soul compilation - if it wasn't licenced from him then a certain person has made a profit by stealing his property - nuff said

if anyone is thinking about buying a copy (you'll probably be paying £200 to £300 or more) wants to know how to identify an original - pm me and i'll give you the matrix numbers, etc

by the way, the am i imposing tune which he sells was unreleased in the 70s and is fekkin brilliant 70s/crossover - he pressed it up previously, but these were poor quality, the new ones are excellent - trust me and buy it blind

cheers :(

Social source share

this is a different version - with keyboards, not so good to say the least

there have been several threads about mr cole and his "reissues" on here before - i actually think on reflection that he's been unfairly maligned - he knows that gold of my life goes for decent money cos he's seen em go on ebay, thats what he means by worldwide demand

he also knows that it has appeared on a uk modern soul compilation - if it wasn't licenced from him then a certain person has made a profit by stealing his property - nuff said

if anyone is thinking about buying a copy (you'll probably be paying £200 to £300 or more) wants to know how to identify an original - pm me and i'll give you the matrix numbers, etc

by the way, the am i imposing tune which he sells was unreleased in the 70s and is fekkin brilliant 70s/crossover - he pressed it up previously, but these were poor quality, the new ones are excellent - trust me and buy it blind

cheers :thumbsup:

butch had £400 on it at the orwell last month.

mark

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Sep 26 2006, 03:30 PM) link

butch had £400 on it at the orwell last month.

mark

from memory:

mr cole reckons that he had (i think) 300 pressed up for promotional purposes which were given away - so if that was in the early 70s, probably not that many copies have survived and it probably is reasonably rare

however, he also reckons that he pressed it up twice (in the 70s), and this seems to be verified by posts from collectors on here

personally, i think that its likely that he had each of the two versions i've heard pressed up once in limited quantities

the one butch is selling is the pucker one without the additional instrumentation

Social source share

cheers :thumbsup:

Totally agree Woolie, I like this better than Gold.... Just a fantastic dancer.

Jordi

Social source share

Sounds interesting, anyone have a clip? (not that I don't trust your judgement, just not buying much at the mo but would like to hear it :thumbsup: )

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Sounds interesting, anyone have a clip? (not that I don't trust your judgement, just not buying much at the mo but would like to hear it :thumbsup: )

sorry rachel - i don't have the technology blush.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!