Jump to content
  • Sign Up
HILL868

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Recommended Posts

Happy Christmas and a fruitful New year to all Soul fans everywhere, just starting on my Xmas pile of Wine, Ale, Cider, Brandy, and US Bourbon, and spinning a few personal faves from the 60's to the 80's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Vrolijk Kerstfeest en gelukkig Nieuwjaar!

Glad Jul och Gott Nytt År!

Glædelig jul og Godt Nytår!

Hyvää joulua, ja hyvää uutta vuotta!

Joyeux Nol et bonne année!

Frohe Weihnachten und Glücklich Neues Jahres!

                                                                                                                     !שנה טובה חנוכה

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RobbK said:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Vrolijk Kerstfeest en gelukkig Nieuwjaar!

Glad Jul och Gott Nytt År!

Glædelig jul og Godt Nytår!

Hyvää joulua, ja hyvää uutta vuotta!

Joyeux Nol et bonne année!

Frohe Weihnachten und Glücklich Neues Jahres!

                                                                                                                     !שנה טובה חנוכה

Feliz Navidad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RobbK said:

¡Y prospero Año Nuevo!

you have typing skills that I can only imagine, I wouldn't know where to find accents, or the upside down exclamation.  Poorly educated and dim as a toc h lamp, that's me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2015 at 00:35, TattooDave said:

you have typing skills that I can only imagine, I wouldn't know where to find accents, or the upside down exclamation.  Poorly educated and dim as a toc h lamp, that's me.

I have work colleagues, friends and family in The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, France and Israel, and live part-time in Los Angeles (where I need to speak and write Spanish), I need to write in those languages.  So, I need to have the keyboards for each of those languages.  In the old days. I had physical Dutch and German keyboards, in addition to my English one.  But, since the turn of this century, there have been programmes that adapt your keyboard to any language.  I don't know how that works with a PC, I've only ever had Apple products.  But my Macs have a setting in User Preferences where one can set a default typing language and list all others needed, in the order of user frequency. On my Mac, on the top user tool bar, there is a language icon (showing the flag of that language's country.  I use Canadian English, so it is the flag of Canada.  If I click on that icon, a pull down menu pops up, with all the flags of the countries of the languages I added to my list, in their order of the frequency of my use.  In addition to changing my keyboard. when I am typing with that given language, a diagram of that language's keyboard pops up in the lower right corner of my monitor screen, showing all the keyboard keys in their relative positions.  When the shift keys and option keys are pressed the keys change to what they represent and will type when those keys are depressed.  In addition, a spelling and grammar check is available for each language.

 

I have no idea what PCs have.  But, I assume they have analogous features.  They may not be quite as extensive as the Apple language features, as Apple has always been more user friendly.  But, I'm sure that you should have the ability to type upside-down exclamation and question marks, and tildas and umlauts.  We Mac users have hundreds of languages available, including Provençal and Sami and Tadzjik, but I'm still waiting impatiently for Frisian.  I hope they add it while I'm still alive.  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, RobbK said:

I have work colleagues, friends and family in The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, France and Israel, and live part-time in Los Angeles (where I need to speak and write Spanish), I need to write in those languages.  So, I need to have the keyboards for each of those languages.  In the old days. I had physical Dutch and German keyboards, in addition to my English one.  But, since the turn of this century, there have been programmes that adapt your keyboard to any language.  I don't know how that works with a PC, I've only ever had Apple products.  But my Macs have a setting in User Preferences where one can set a default typing language and list all others needed, in the order of user frequency. On my Mac, on the top user tool bar, there is a language icon (showing the flag of that language's country.  I use Canadian English, so it is the flag of Canada.  If I click on that icon, a pull down menu pops up, with all the flags of the countries of the languages I added to my list, in their order of the frequency of my use.  In addition to changing my keyboard. when I am typing with that given language, a diagram of that language's keyboard pops up in the lower right corner of my monitor screen, showing all the keyboard keys in their relative positions.  When the shift keys and option keys are pressed the keys change to what they represent and will type when those keys are depressed.  In addition, a spelling and grammar check is available for each language.

 

I have no idea what PCs have.  But, I assume they have analogous features.  They may not be quite as extensive as the Apple language features, as Apple has always been more user friendly.  But, I'm sure that you should have the ability to type upside-down exclamation and question marks, and tildas and umlauts.  We Mac users have hundreds of languages available, including Provençal and Sami and Tadzjik, but I'm still waiting impatiently for Frisian.  I hope they add it while I'm still alive.  :lol:

So there is a chance that one day eBay will be able to differentiate between Doré, the record label, and everyone else with Dore as a surname by people adding accents?  I hope so, I just tried to add one and failed, but I have an inquisitive mind and will try and learn a new skill, there is a lot of room for improvement, believe me.   (Worked it out it's Control, Alt and the letter).

I take it you mean West Frisian as opposed to Saterland Frisian or North Frisian?  You don't know how clever asking such an academic question makes me feel, LOL.

Edited by TattooDave
I'm a dumbass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TattooDave said:
1 hour ago, TattooDave said:

I take it you mean West Frisian as opposed to Saterland Frisian or North Frisian?  You don't know how clever asking such an academic question makes me feel, LOL.

So there is a chance that one day eBay will be able to differentiate between Doré, the record label, and everyone else with Dore as a surname by people adding accents?  I hope so, I just tried to add one and failed, but I have an inquisitive mind and will try and learn a new skill, there is a lot of room for improvement, believe me.   (Worked it out it's Control, Alt and the letter).

I take it you mean West Frisian as opposed to Saterland Frisian or North Frisian?  You don't know how clever asking such an academic question makes me feel, LOL.

Well, it would behoove me to know Westfrysk, as one of my best friends in The Netherlands lives in West Friesland.  But, I also have some friends living in Oost Friesland.  So, I should know Oastfrysk (Saterland Frisian), as well.  Nordfrysk is basically Angelsk.  All three are pretty similar, and knowing one of the three dialects would get one by in the other provinces (especially given that a Jysk, Bremer Plattdeutsch or Nederlands speaker could practically understand all three if he has a good ear (probably more easily than a Mississippian could understand a Highland Scotsman speaking English).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RobbK said:

Well, it would behoove me to know Westfrysk, as one of my best friends in The Netherlands lives in West Friesland.  But, I also have some friends living in Oost Friesland.  So, I should know Oastfrysk (Saterland Frisian), as well.  Nordfrysk is basically Angelsk.  All three are pretty similar, and knowing one of the three dialects would get one by in the other provinces (especially given that a Jysk, Bremer Plattdeutsch or Nederlands speaker could practically understand all three if he has a good ear (probably more easily than a Mississippian could understand a Highland Scotsman speaking English).

Then I'm stuffed on all counts.  I barely understand what I say most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links

    • 7 posts
    • 827 reads
    • drbutterfield
    • 02 Feb 2018
    • 3 posts
    • 288 reads
    • Agent45
    • 21 Jan 2018
    • 30 posts
    • 811 reads
    • RICK SCOTT
    • 26 Dec 2017
  1. Christmas Holidays

    • 25 posts
    • 993 reads
    • RobbK
    • 26 Dec 2017
    • 4 posts
    • 1136 reads
    • soulie78
    • 26 Dec 2017
    • 3 posts
    • 586 reads
    • Twoshoes
    • 23 Dec 2017
    • 9 posts
    • 855 reads
    • Peter99
    • 20 Dec 2017
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.