Frank Beverley re-issue

Ronjon

No need to implode fella, just stating that it states Re in the title description for everybody clear to see AND further down again in item description. So what more ? Either the bidders are blind or stupid or simply dont care. Whatever the case one thing for sure the seller cant be accused of any wrong doing here IMO.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Marc Forrest said:

No need to implode fella, just stating that it states Re in the title description for everybody clear to see AND further down again in item description. So what more ? Either the bidders are blind or stupid or simply dont care. Whatever the case one thing for sure the seller cant be accused of any wrong doing here IMO.

He could have put something more than just the words "Re-Issue" and made it a much larger font.  There should be a way of telling eBay about this type of blatant fraud, OK so he covers his arse, and makes a mint from a mug, but that'll be a reluctant eBayer the next time around.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest trickbag

FRANKIE%20BEVERLY%20BECAUSE%20OF%20MY%20Frankie Beverly

00:00/00:55

•  

Frankie Beverly

Label Fairmont
A Side Because Of My Heart
B Side I Want To Feel I'm Wanted
Vinyl Condition M-

Price: £10.00
its a tenner all day long no matter what its a reissue.
ricky.

Social source share

So I contacted him with this message; 'You should mention in your item description that this is not an original press (hence I don't mention (the B**T word) what it is exactly or eBay will retrieve this auction) and contact all actual bidders so they can revise their bids accordingly.'

He replied politely as Marc Forrest just did here above.

Then I answered him but no answer yet to this; 'OK, now I've read it (top & bottom) but you have to read close and search for it. A bit like those tiny characters on the label of a beverage that they don't want you to read. Do you believe that those high bidders have read that ? It's a cheap b**t that doesn't command more than $25 everyday of the year.'

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 26/12/2015 at 20:20, dave pinch said:

said it before and i say it again surely these guys have got to do a little homework before spending that kind of money..they obviously not on here or the facebook forums

Must be that new band of wanna-be-dj's who have only been on the scene five minutes!

Or returnees who went missing for several decades!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

1 hour ago, solidsoul said:

Must be that new band of wanna-be-dj's who have only been on the scene five minutes!

Or returnees who went missing for several decades!

i agree..its just got to be either or both those types...   otherwise they would just know ... i mean you would make it your business to know or find something out about what you are buying if you`ve any length of time or experience of the scene

Social source share

On 26/12/2015 at 18:46, chalky said:

He should put reissue either in the title or the original description, preferably both, not as an after thought right at the end.

He has put "reissue" in the title. "Re" is a standard abbreviation for re-issue. The fact that anyone buying this record doesn't realise that is neither here nor there. Ebay actually list it as an accepted, standard abbreviation.  If someone bought this they couldn't claim they were duped. As far as I can see he hasn't  claimed it's an original.

The seller hasn't actually done anything wrong. Even the term "rare" is entirely subjective.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!