oficrete profile photo

Meadowlark Lemon

Freebasing oficrete

Posted

Sad to see on the news that the crown prince of comedy for the Harlem Globetrotters has passed away . Loved watching them on the TV in the 1970s including their cartoon show 

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

great entertainer and fantastic name, well done Meadowlark!

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Yes very sad news, I too grew up watching them on the TV..... Also have a single by them somewhere think it was called 'Cheer Me Up' if memory serves me well, came out on Bircher records USA and was played at The Blackpool Mecca , my copy is on  UK RCA there also was an album!........ RIP Meadowlark

Edited by RICK SCOTT
more info

soul source url
Posted

Actual saw the Harlem Globetrotters perform live at Wembley Pool while still at school, great show the only blight on the evening was bumping into Bay City Rollers at Toddington Services on the way home !!

Dave

soul source url
Posted
19 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

Yes very sad news, I too grew up watching them on the TV..... Also have a single by them somewhere think it was called 'Cheer Me Up' if memory serves me well, came out on Bircher records USA and was played at The Blackpool Mecca , my copy is on  UK RCA there also was an album!........ RIP Meadowlark

Who didn`t pretend to be Meadowlark or Curly Neal.

RIP and thank you! :hatsoff2:

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.