SOULSOURCE RECORD CLUB 2016, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT?

dthedrug

Right I've had this quite awhile now & I've grown to love it but really it's bad,it's that bad I can't believe it ever got made.........either mummy & daddy had lots of money to pay for studio time or she was shagging the label owner :lol:

Gloria "Rosebud" Black-Would You Believe Jody

• Helpful 3
Social source share

On 3/19/2016 at 16:01, hullsoul said:

Right I've had this quite awhile now & I've grown to love it but really it's bad,it's that bad I can't believe it ever got made.........either mummy & daddy had lots of money to pay for studio time or she was shagging the label owner :lol:

Great write up Martyn PMSL ! hope you're well matey 

Social source share

27 minutes ago, Andy Reynard said:

Great!!  

played out at Wilton last night

think Martyn might even like it or have it

good to see ya bud.  

STEVE MANCHA                                   "HE STOLE THE LOVE THAT WAS MINE"                                                      

Andy

Old Wilton monster,Roger play.

Hope ya beer towels dried out :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

PS Nice vest you had on :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, SWIFTY said:

Great write up Martyn PMSL ! hope you're well matey 

Swifty

Yes good matey thanks,hope the same can be said for you :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR STRING VEST FROM MARTYN? I might get one of them,  but draw the line at winkle pickers, 'n' drainpipes like you had on  last night when you was back dropping again & asking for a hand up I thought they would split heaven forbid:elvis:

Edited by Andy Reynard
Social source share

12 minutes ago, Andy Reynard said:

WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR STRING VEST FROM MARTYN? I might get one of them,  but draw the line at winkle pickers, 'n' drainpipes like you had on  last night when you was back dropping again & asking for a hand up I thought they would split heaven forbid:elvis:

:lol:........hope you didn't get too much of a bollocking from your carer in the car when you couldn't find your lighter in one of your 42 patch pockets :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just now, SWIFTY said:

'Kin 'ell , you lot are going to hate me lol !

Neo - Smile - Drizabone Mix 

I'll get me coat !!! but I love it :thumbsup:

Swifty

This will have Andy reaching for his sequined baggies & silver polyvelts :thumbup:

Actually it's not that bad but I won't be rushing to raid the piggy bank to get one :D

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Andy Reynard said:

Now your zimmers all Pimpt up.you wouldn't be able to afford one like ya said being an OAP  int all it's cracked up to be unless you like busses then it's free :wicked:

Hey Sequin Soul Boy (Eggy Rules!!) it's not me who's tunes don't get above snail pace,you're lucky you can hear any of the tunes played at your night's with the sound of the snoring from the punter.I can still cut it on the dancefloor with the best of em providing the hip replacement,gout,arthritis & piles aren't playing up :P

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Andy Reynard said:

Great!!  

played out at Wilton last night

think Martyn might even like it or have it

good to see ya bud.  

STEVE MANCHA                                   "HE STOLE THE LOVE THAT WAS MINE"                                                      

Andy

Didn't Bill Haley do a superior version of this :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Andy Reynard said:

Great tune Peter never gets played out much but when it does sounds Class!!

The 2004 UK release on Real Side is deemed acceptable to play out as it is the only release. Notwithstanding that I should be ok spinning in at home anyway!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Picked up the Capitols We Got a Thing on ATCO in a record shop in Greenwich last week, for £11. Pulled it out because they had a cover of Open The Door To Your Heart, among others, actually really good versions of Hold on I'm Coming and Knock On Wood which pleased me when I played it back at home. 

Then on the end of side two I found this beauty, and it's never been off the turntable since:

The LP is spot on from start to finish, happiest purchase this year so far :-)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

16 hours ago, EmJayGee said:

Picked up the Capitols We Got a Thing on ATCO in a record shop in Greenwich last week, for £11. Pulled it out because they had a cover of Open The Door To Your Heart, among others, actually really good versions of Hold on I'm Coming and Knock On Wood which pleased me when I played it back at home. 

Then on the end of side two I found this beauty, and it's never been off the turntable since:

The LP is spot on from start to finish, happiest purchase this year so far :-)

Brilliant tune,old Nick Hackett fave at Middleton all-nighter.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

5 hours ago, Roburt said:

RE: Otis Williams - Ain't Gonna Walk Your Dog No More OKeh  ...........

........that Okeh 45 is OK but not as good as Otis Williams "Take Me Back" ....

OtisWilliams44x.jpg

John

Both very different & this is a bit disco for me :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Hi All....Is it my PC or has this thread got really slow to load?  Well here is a record that I have had since it was sent to me back in the 7ts, many of the Motown releases I use to take to the KGB Club & sell to Nev Wherrey RIP, but not this one, thank GOD, has this been forgotten over the years, I hope so, then you can all go hunting for a copy this weekend, if it has been played to death then sorry, but give it a revive 45 spot next time you are behind the wheels of steel' 

As such even though I have got about 75 45s this month I have played it every day, SO IT'S FROM MOTOWN TO YOUR TOWN, WITH MY PICK OF THE MONTH OF MARCH 2016......THE MAN FROM MOTOWN.........

SMOKEY ROBINSON...."THEME FROM BIG TIME PT1"......MOTOWN TMG 1085. A ***** RATED 45 BY ME DAVE K

ENJOY THIS IF YOU AIN'T GOT A COPY OR IT'S NEW TO YOUR LUG HOLES, ALRIGHT NOT HALF!....KTF DK.

MY COPY  I DON'T NO IF YOU CAN SEE? BUT IT HAS ONE OF THE LONGEST MATRIX OF ANY OF MY OTHER TMG'S.

56fde14202f6b_DavesPickoftheMonth316.thuhttps://youtu.be/jFuocNSZ668

• Helpful 3
Social source share

22 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Just bought an Ike & Tina LP & it's got a great re-working of "Dust My Broom"(any know if they brought this out on 45?)

Ike & Tina Turner-I Believe

Looks like it wasn't on a 45 m8

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Edited by Kev John
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Had this ages & bought it for the other side “Lovin’ Hard,Livin’ Good” which is awesome imo but well into this side recently.Often listed this as the A side?The school boy in me always makes me laugh at the label :thumbup:

Bobby Jones - Welcome Back A Foolish Man Kack

• Helpful 1
Social source share

20 hours ago, Andy Reynard said:

Got a couple new to the shelves this week

heres one

VIOLA EDWARDS

LOVE ME BABY (RENFRO)

Nice tune but who else did this Andy , can't fookin remember ??

Swifty :thumbsup:

45 minutes ago, hullsoul said:

Had this ages & bought it for the other side “Lovin’ Hard,Livin’ Good” which is awesome imo but well into this side recently.Often listed this as the A side?The school boy in me always makes me laugh at the label :thumbup:

Bobby Jones - Welcome Back A Foolish Man Kack

Great name for a Record label Martyn :lol: was the local release on SHIT records ?? Nice tune though mate :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

51 minutes ago, SWIFTY said:

Nice tune but who else did this Andy , can't fookin remember ??

Swifty :thumbsup:

Great name for a Record label Martyn :lol: was the local release on SHIT records ?? Nice tune though mate :thumbup:

Swifty

Not sure but I've been told it's CRAP :hatsoff2:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 18/04/2016 at 06:35, Andy Reynard said:

'Twas touch of class Swifty

summat that the Teddy boy from Hull

knows nowt about !!!! :) Gunna heckle him in Dekkas roots room soon:sleep3:

Andrew

Better get ya pacemaker topped up as I'll be playing things above snails pace :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 18/03/2016 at 16:01, hullsoul said:

Would you believe there is a second cut/mix of this by her on the label and it truly IS awful.

Social source share

25 minutes ago, TRICKY said:

Would you believe there is a second cut/mix of this by her on the label and it truly IS awful.

Yes I have come across it.........unfortunately :lol:

My copy is a slightly different label design.....maybe it got a second issue.........surely not :no:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

HI ALL Can I thank  you all for your postings & the quality of the chosen records,  I read a comment about how low the club has fallen this year, why this is so I can't work out, I can only say why I don't post on a regular basis, a)

It's taken 20 minutes to get to be able to write a posting? shall I start a new thread??????

Hi All hope all is OK,  looking back at the Bobbi Lynn B side Opportunity Street, I had a Stateside copy, but being nieve I swapped it for the BELL Copy thinking Bell was the 1st release, anyway the B side was played pre Wigan but got lost, it's a great record, & it should remind you all to play the B sides of your records,

I see on John Manships Auction page, there is one of my fave rave sleepers, a record that has never been pressed or bootlegged, not sure of it's value at guess £80, but who can predict prices of quality Northern Soul 45s these days?

the record is Patti Williams - "I'm doing the best I can" sorry I have not downloaded the track, but it's on Manships & YOU CHUBE.

If I was DJing this would be on my current playlist as the true value has yet to be assessed, KTF

THERE YOU GO!

Edited by dthedrug
add image
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!