SOULSOURCE RECORD CLUB 2016, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT?

dthedrug

A nice bouncy number from me this time, I've certainly never heard this one out and know nothing about it, mine is on Charger so probably an issue? Had never heard of it till it cropped up in a box from a house clearance that also contained a handful of other good sounds including the Joey Heatherton that I posted previously.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

On 03/12/2016 at 18:16, hullsoul said:

Gogger

Played last night at Waggy's "do" in Donny & first time I've heard it out it ages & yes far too fast for my little legs these days.

Then we started discussing which is the rarer the Black or Green labelled ones.........yes anoraks.So if anyone knows can you let me know(mines black)?

Bought mine at Wigan along with Sharon Scott-Could It Be You RCA & an Outsiders on Capitol for eye watering sum of £5 :thumbup:

Cheers

Martyn 

nice to hear it s getting a play , black label here martyn :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Keeper said:

Took me ages to get this ....mine came all the way from Beirut !!!! Amazed that any vinyl survived there !!! Must have had quite a groovy music scene going on there in the sixties going off some of the releases there !!???Just for the anoraks (well ok you Martyn ) my lebanese copy is on Empire and credited to Wess and the Airedales instead of just Wess.....fascinating i know !!!!!!

Beirut was the Med place to be seen for Jet-Setters during the 1960's.

4 decades of Arab-Israeli conflict and civil war, put pay to that.

A beautiful country , sadly ruined by war, politics and religion.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

8 hours ago, Mick Sway said:

New to me , Nice one.

Typical of many (SS7) records played at the Torch, I'm surprised that this has slipped by.

Has it had any legs anywhere Martyn?

Mick

Can't say I remember hearing out but sure I've seen it listed on one of the Irish lads playlists?Well worth a play as you say :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Keeper said:

Took me ages to get this ....mine came all the way from Beirut !!!! Amazed that any vinyl survived there !!! Must have had quite a groovy music scene going on there in the sixties going off some of the releases there !!???Just for the anoraks (well ok you Martyn ) my lebanese copy is on Empire and credited to Wess and the Airedales instead of just Wess.....fascinating i know !!!!!!

Neil

This is to good for you.............you should give me it :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Funnily enough I once had a conversation with my mate Billy Jaroszek on the balcony of Mr M's , relating to Teddy Lads.

Mr Ms was largely regarded as the oldies room and Billy 10 years younger than me, asked me what i thought of the scenes future

, whether it would be still going in years to come,.

My answer was that I wouldn't like it to continue as a revivalist scene like the then 70's fashion for

Teddy Boy (amongst others - as the 70's was pretty eclectic fashion wise) pop through groups like:

Darts, Showaddywaddy,Shakey and Mud.

"That'll be the day I thought"- of course Northern Soul never went away really .

Anyway I digress, I love that Gladys record.:thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

20 minutes ago, Mick Sway said:

My answer was that I wouldn't like it to continue as a revivalist scene like the then 70's fashion for

Teddy Boy (amongst others - as the 70's was pretty eclectic fashion wise) pop through groups like:

Darts, Showaddywaddy,Shakey and Mud.

"That'll be the day I thought"

I see what you did there!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi All got a copy of this classic, not the realy rare copy, but a legit copy that come free with a German LP, can anyone vouch for that fact? cheers KTF.
https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/346428-soulsource-record-club-2016-you-better-believe-it/?page=16#

Drag files here to attach, or Click here to choose files to upload   
Accepted file types mp3, mp4, png, jpeg, jpg, gif, pdf, doc, docx, flv, wmv, wma, wav, txt, rtf, ppt, zip · Max total size 46.88MB  

Insert other media  

Uploaded Images

don garner german legit copy.jpg

• Helpful 2
Social source share

5 hours ago, dthedrug said:

Hi All got a copy of this classic, not the realy rare copy, but a legit copy that come free with a German LP, can anyone vouch for that fact? cheers KTF.
https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/346428-soulsource-record-club-2016-you-better-believe-it/?page=16#

Dave

Very off topic of the thread but thought this goes with your Don Gardner?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Often cited as a re-issue, though I rather think that this is either album only or Joe-Boy limited press.

Anyway sometime during the late 90's I bought one from Beatin' following heavy plays by Richard Searling

on Jazz FM as it was then. What a great show, with fabulous guests and chat.

Clydene Jackson I Need Your Love Joe Boy one sided press.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Mick Sway said:

Often cited as a re-issue, though I rather think that this is either album only or Joe-Boy limited press.

Anyway sometime during the late 90's I bought one from Beatin' following heavy plays by Richard Searling

on Jazz FM as it was then. What a great show, with fabulous guests and chat.

Clydene Jackson I Need Your Love Joe Boy one sided press.

Mick

Just one of those tunes that you let wash over you & it makes you feel so thankful you have soul music in your life,up there with the greats imo.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

18 hours ago, gogger said:

philly sound from ben e king / we got love

Gogger

Looks like I'm in a gang of one again?This is new to me & sorry but don't like it :( Sounds really commercial & for me doesn't suite Ben E's voice at all,love Philly stuff usually but this doesn't work for me.............I'll get my coat  :hatsoff2::D

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

18 hours ago, hullsoul said:

Gogger

Looks like I'm in a gang of one again?This is new to me & sorry but don't like it :( Sounds really commercial & for me doesn't suite Ben E's voice at all,love Philly stuff usually but this doesn't work for me.............I'll get my coat  :hatsoff2::D

Cheers

Martyn

no problem martyn , if we all liked the same stuff it would be a dull old world , had to listen to it a few times before it grew on me :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!