SOULSOURCE RECORD CLUB 2016, YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT?

dthedrug

26 minutes ago, Mick Sway said:

Flippin 'eck, never seen Record Club so far down the list of hot topics.

Mick

Part of the problem for me is been on the various threads from nearly the beginning I've posted most of my stuff,well without going up into the loft to find the odd thing hidden away in some dark corner.So try not to repeat tunes so only post when I get something new or feel something is relevant?What we need is a bit of new blood?

B side from me today,t'other side of Candy.

The Astors-I Found Out UK Atlantic

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, hullsoul said:

Mick

Part of the problem for me is been on the various threads from nearly the beginning I've posted most of my stuff,well without going up into the loft to find the odd thing hidden away in some dark corner.So try not to repeat tunes so only post when I get something new or feel something is relevant?What we need is a bit of new blood?

same here martyn , truth is , i am running out of tunes , thank god some might say :g:, tend to post now like mick  , when the thread falls down the list , hope it keeps going , think theres been something for everyone on here , wonder how many have actually posted 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Hi All before I tell you what my record of the day, I must mention a email that was sent to me after I sent a Ebay seller what I disliked about selling the  bootlegs of Darrel Bank London Demo & issue. the email said I'm a fine one to talk as I sell speed at Soul All Nighters & he would see me the next time I was about, now I see this as a threat to myself, if this bloke wants to confront me about records fare doo's however if he wants to bad mouth me about drugs he better keep one eye in front & one eye behind him as this is what I call being a grass, & I don't like a grass or a nonce?  got that of my chest.

My pick of the day is CURBY GOGGINS - LEAVE ME IF YOU WANT TO - CARNIVAL RECORDS CAR510. A CLASSIC WITH 2 GOOD SIDES, RECOMENDED, HAVE NO IDEA OF VALUE, KTF DAVE K (1 FOR 9d 3 FOR HALF A DOLLER =2/6d THEY ARE ALL BLUE).

https://youtu.be/hvjtfyb0WvE

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 17:05, hullsoul said:

Mick

HI ALLLove this side I use to play at the Black Horse Wolves in the 8ts,

• Helpful 3
Social source share

41 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Hi Martyn

This is my version of this 1

Pat Lundy - Make it For The Door - Heidi

Right up your street old boy !!!!:wink:

atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Kev

Nice one,new to me & like it although Aretha is a far better dancer imo.:thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Kev John said:

A F's to fast for me !

You must be on summat to keep ya legs going LOL m8 :lol:

Kev

Don't be silly I didn't mean I'd be dancing to it,I've had half a dance since Christmas.........saving the other half as not to use my full quota up for the year all at once :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Had a bit of a record playing session with Dale and amongst others, this one impressed me so like Dale managed to nail one on the rarer 7'' (which is 3.40 long as opposed to the  extended 'disco version' 12'' sound clip below).

Ms Victoria Barnes 'never too late'

Edited by andybellwood
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

On 08/03/2016 at 14:32, andybellwood said:

Had a bit of a record playing session with Dale and amongst others, this one impressed me so like Dale managed to nail one on the rarer 7'' (which is 3.40 long as opposed to the  extended 'disco version' 12'' sound clip below).

Ms Victoria Barnes 'never too late'

Love it and new to me.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Mick Sway said:

Picked up a mint British Chess copy of this up from the Bay for a fiver.

I'm sure that the opening intro must have been sampled somewhere, such a fab riff.

Billy Stewart Everyday I have The Blues

Backed with crossover perfection:

Hi Mick 

got a 1 sided DJ US of Blues 

Great tooooooon IMHO 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 12/03/2016 at 09:40, Kev John said:

FUNK ME !!!  bin on me playlists & look who's put it on You Tube JM

Ex soul pack record i'm led to believe ?

Earles Inc - Afro Work - Zudan

OK but it's the other side that does it for me or is it "just an illusion" .

Cracking tune.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

1 minute ago, Mick Sway said:

OK but it's the other side that does it for me or is it "just an illusion" .

Cracking tune.

Mick i do play both sides just depends on what mood i'm in & where i am 

Yes Just is a great record but Afro pushes boundries 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I haven't seen this 1 posted on here yet but i might be wrong its a beautiful Xover side & from a man with a wonderful soulful voice & gave us so many songs to cherish, this is the flip side It Only Happens on UK Brunswick 

Jackie Wilson - Just As Soon As The Feeling's Over

Edited by Kev John
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!