Pete S

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Pete

had this lately with a Richie Adams - cost me an extra £25 in tax and PO handling charge , made a cheapish 45 into a reasonably priced 45!

I emailed the seller to tell them not to do it in future as it would detract from people bidding.

Won a high price item from same seller - he took what I said on board and put the decimal point in the price in the wrong place, therefore no customs!

Might be worth emailing seller before bidding.

Social source share

If ever there was a way to put me off buying a record it's this:

Customs Declaration will show item as merchandise and state value as the actual sales price. Please consider this when bidding.

What skin of their nose is it to value it at $5 and mark it as a gift?

Can't disagree with this it is totally annoying when this happens. Maybe he works for Customs himself.... :ohmy: either that or he thinks he'll go to jail for 900 years if he's caught fiddling - who knows - pretty unsophisticated some of these folks....

Social source share

feckin tell me about it

When I bought the Saints on Wigwam I got it sent by FED EX

the guy put the $1900 as a value as thats what I paid

Then custooms hit me with a £254 bill..

I went ape shit and contacted the guy got him to say it was meant to be $19.00 and they had missed the decimal point.

I said.ITS ONLY A USED 45 ..WHO WOULD PAY THAT SORT OF MONEY FOR A RECORD........DONT BE SILLY MR CUSTOMS DUDE

"yeah we did think it was a bit silly" said the customs guy who read what was in the packet..

and the suckers bought it.. woooohoooo

1-0 the gasher

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Would it effect the insurance claim they make if they say its worth ### all, and then try to claim $1900?

I have had this problem in the past, and the seller has put it is a gift of little value.

Social source share

If ever there was a way to put me off buying a record it's this:

Customs Declaration will show item as merchandise and state value as the actual sales price. Please consider this when bidding.

What skin of their nose is it to value it at $5 and mark it as a gift?

What really annoys me is the fact that they charge you tax on the whole cost INCLUDING shipping :thumbsup: . And then VAT on the whole cost including shipping and the duty. So tax on the shipping cost which is of no value to you and then VAT on that tax on that shipping. :thumbsup:

You can underdeclare the actual cost of the records but try disguising the shipping cost of 132 boxes at around $48 dollars a piece when it is clearly stated on the outside of the box.

Social source share

feckin tell me about it

When I bought the Saints on Wigwam I got it sent by FED EX

the guy put the $1900 as a value as thats what I paid

Then custooms hit me with a £254 bill..

I went ape shit and contacted the guy got him to say it was meant to be $19.00 and they had missed the decimal point.

I said.ITS ONLY A USED 45 ..WHO WOULD PAY THAT SORT OF MONEY FOR A RECORD........DONT BE SILLY MR CUSTOMS DUDE

"yeah we did think it was a bit silly" said the customs guy who read what was in the packet..

and the suckers bought it.. woooohoooo

1-0 the gasher

OOOOOOOO Saints on Wigwam what a tune. Was that on ebay Gash?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!