Show us your great photos (2016)

Amsterdam Russ

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

A few taken today at Pennington Flash. I went to see / hear a Cuckoo but as of recent years it  evaded me. Got to see a Black necked Grebe amongst others for the first time but no pictures

A male Chaffinch, Song Thrush and a Little ringed Plover

Steve

IB2A1546 (2).JPG

IB2A1595 (2).JPG

IB2A1600_1 (2).jpg

Evening Steve

Hope yer well mate. Lovely pictures - beautiful.

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Evening Steve

Hope yer well mate. Lovely pictures - beautiful.

Peter

:hatsoff2:Good evening my friend. All well in Manchester thank you. Hope your keeping good.

Thank you for the nice comments always appreciated. It seems like ages ago since I posted any wildlife pictures, so I thought it needed to be sorted.

Only five weeks before my annual trip down to the gorgeous county of  Pembrokeshire. Cant wait, hope to get some decent Red Kite, Otter and Chough pictures while I,m there.

Steve

• Helpful 2
Social source share

12 hours ago, TattooDave said:

Orchis morio subsp. champagneuxii.png

Orchis morio subsp. champagneuxii, don't blame me for the name, essentially it's a folded lipped subspecies of the green winged orchid.

Dave . Hope you've well my friend. Don't know how but I've given you a negative feedback, after I had left a positive one. tried restoring it to positive but it's not happening. Sorry about that. I clicked on who had liked it and it just happened.

Steve

Social source share

10 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Dave . Hope you've well my friend. Don't know how but I've given you a negative feedback, after I had left a positive one. tried restoring it to positive but it's not happening. Sorry about that. I clicked on who had liked it and it just happened.

Steve

No problem Steve, as a technophobe I do things that are irreversible all the time.  Thankfully not often when I'm tattooing.  Taking a trip to Gibraltar today as I'm off to a 50th birthday party later, thought I might lay on some champers.

Dave

• Helpful 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, Rick Cooper said:

A few more photos of the local heron, this time taken by my daughter, Laura, so better than mine 

DSCF8524.JPG

DSCF8517.JPG

DSCF8501.JPG

Rick

Nice pictures Rick. :thumbsup:

I always like to see a Heron - they're a big old bird! They may not be rare but they always get a wow from me. I love to see them take off - one, perhaps two, flaps of those mighty wings and away. Almost in slow motion. There are a couple on the Grantham canal near where I live and they have become quite comfortable when being approached. Rode past one on my bike last week - really close up on the tow path and it didn't flinch.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Well the Swifts have finally turned up. Seen four on Tuesday when I was fishing. Hopefully will have some nice bluebells in the woods pictures amongst others tomorrow when I get to visit Burton mere. RSPB reserve. 

Steve

Evening Steve

I have a front garden full of Blue Bells - will try and get a picture on my phone tomorrow, although it will probably be rubbish. I don't think they are the native ones - if I manage to get a photo someone will be able to tell. Dave perhaps.

Peter

• Helpful 2
Social source share

11 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Well the Swifts have finally turned up. Seen four on Tuesday when I was fishing. Hopefully will have some nice bluebells in the woods pictures amongst others tomorrow when I get to visit Burton mere. RSPB reserve. 

Steve

:thumbup: Always late us Swifty's !!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

The amount of Warblers around today was amazing. Wood warbler, Sedge Warbler, Willow Warbler, Reed Warbler, Grasshopper Warbler, Whitethroat, Blackcaps, The whole reserve was alive with the sounds of birds plus I managed to see for the first time a Little Gull.

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

The amount of Warblers around today was amazing. Wood warbler, Sedge Warbler, Willow Warbler, Reed Warbler, Grasshopper Warbler, Whitethroat, Blackcaps, The whole reserve was alive with the sounds of birds plus I managed to see for the first time a Little Gull.

Steve

What was she made of Steve, sugar and spice and all things nice?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, suzannek said:

This was taken yesterday evening. Low Force in Upper Teesdale. I went to survey the Birds Eye Primrose and Butterwort with the Upper Teesdale Botany Group I am a member of. Next week is Widdybank Fell with the Spring Gentians, Teesdale Violet, Birds Eye Primrose and Mountain Avens cannot wait 20160509_193817.jpg

I envy you Suz, botanical gems that aren't seen by many. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, TattooDave said:

I envy you Suz, botanical gems that aren't seen by many. 

Yes I am so lucky and all a 20 minute car journey and a short walk away, there are about 20 or so plants that are extremely rare. Including 9 species of Ladys Mantle.  We have the best Juniper wood outside of Scotland, waterfalls galore. The Arctic snail living in the flushes, the only place in England it can survive.

I am so happy to be helping to survey them, it was heartening to see so much Butterwort and Birds Eye Primrose plants on Monday apparently more than last year so that is good. They put in special support measures in place last year to help the plants 

Suz x

• Helpful 3
Social source share