Show us your great photos (2016)

Amsterdam Russ

7 minutes ago, Twoshoes said:

Don't know if you like walking but there is a circular walk that starts as you enter the Abbey grounds ,it's about seven kilometres and follows the river on one side going out ,over  the bridge to the other side coming back, some great photo opportunities, like a prat I forgot my camera on the day and had to make do with the one on my phone.

Love walking. Treated my self to a pair of Meindl vakuum gtx boots a couple of years ago.  Best described as 4x4 slippers. Awesome, totally recommended. Back on track pardon the pun. I've been to fountains Abbey, loved it. Used to go on my way to piercebridge soul night's and would spend hours walking around the place in all sorts of weather.

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

58 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Love walking. Treated my self to a pair of Meindl vakuum gtx boots a couple of years ago.  Best described as 4x4 slippers. Awesome, totally recommended. Back on track pardon the pun. I've been to fountains Abbey, loved it. Used to go on my way to piercebridge soul night's and would spend hours walking around the place in all sorts of weather.

Steve

Like a bit of walking myself. Just googled those boots and they look the dogs.

Are they comfy?

Kev

Social source share

1 hour ago, stateside said:

Like a bit of walking myself. Just googled those boots and they look the dogs.

Are they comfy?

Kev

Kev .They're special boots. Worth every penny. And they make them in half sizes so you get the perfect fit. . They have a memory foam type inside that moulds to the shape of your feet.. Make sure you get your feet measured properly by a outdoor activities shop who's sales people have been trained and are preferably walkers themselves. 

Steve

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

6 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Kev .They're special boots. Worth every penny. And they make them in half sizes so you get the perfect fit. . They have a memory foam type inside that moulds to the shape of your feet.. Make sure you get your feet measured properly by a outdoor activities shop who's sales people have been trained and are preferably walkers themselves. 

Spot on , I've been wearing Meindl's for the last ten years or so both boots and shoes ,first pair down as you say to the half sizes for a super comfy fit.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Those of you that saw me earlier this year will know that I hadn't had my hair cut or trimmed my beard for several months in an attempt to look a  little like Karl Marx, you will be pleased to hear that I have since had a haircut and trimmed my beard to convince those close of my undiminished sanity, if not those that know me well. 

Any road up, here's another stencilled gem, this one a mash up of Marx and the fate of all men.

MarxSkull.png

• Helpful 3
Social source share

14 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Steve

Hi Steve

Just googled them - there are lots of different ones. Which ones did you buy? 

Social source share

12 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I could do with some of that memory foam in my head.

Kev

• Helpful 3
Social source share

22 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

I.m wearing Merrell intercept walking shoes , love em . My second pair of Merrells. First pair where Moab ventilators

Steve

I'm wearing a pair of Moab Ventilators  right now.  Very comfy.  Paid £34 for them on Amazon two months ago and I must have worn them every day.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Steve S 60 said:

I'm wearing a pair of Moab Ventilators  right now.  Very comfy.  Paid £34 for them on Amazon two months ago and I must have worn them every day.

Steve. I worn them daily myself ,eventually worn away the lining on the heal. As you say very comfortable. Might even get another pair. 

Steve

Social source share

On 20/11/2016 at 08:59, TattooDave said:

At last someone else who takes photos of graffiti, whilst I don't condone it, it fascinates me, I don't mean the talentless tagging relentlessly of public or private property, but the constructive art that makes a "social comment" or is just very funny.  I almost feel sorry for those that insist on tagging, poor mites could never have had pens and paper at school to need to keep practising their writing so much now they are big enough to steal a can of spray paint or purloin their great grandma's bingo marker.

Berlin graffiti.png

Picketing.png

Love taking pictures of 'Street Art' as opposed to 'graffiti'.
Melbourne (Australia not Derbyshire) is a brilliant place for it. Here's one with a message ?

IMGP0247.JPG

• Helpful 3
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Good evening Pete. Hope your well my friend :hatsoff2:Did you Google the boots and are you going to buy a pair ?

Steve

Hi Steve

I'm ok mate thanks and hope all is well with you. I did google them and may well buy a pair - there were a few variations of the model you have. Now here's a thing. I treated myself to a pair of Salomon walking boots about a year ago and have never got on with them - and they are really slippy on wet stone/slate. Cost me £130!

Might have to ditch em and buy on your recommendation. A bit indulgent - but hey I'm worth it! 

:thumbsup:

Social source share

2 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Hi Steve

I'm ok mate thanks and hope all is well with you. I did google them and may well buy a pair - there were a few variations of the model you have. Now here's a thing. I treated myself to a pair of Salomon walking boots about a year ago and have never got on with them - and they are really slippy on wet stone/slate. Cost me £130!

Might have to ditch em and buy on your recommendation. A bit indulgent - but hey I'm worth it! 

:thumbsup:

I,m very well thank you :thumbup:. I did a similar thing with a pair of berghaus walking boots. Paid about £100 and they where terrible , couldn't even walk on wet pavements without slipping never mind wet rock or stone., If there,s a Go Outdoors near you pop in and try these Meindl vacuums gtx £206.99, expensive but well worth the money.

Steve

Social source share

9 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

I,m very well thank you :thumbup:. I did a similar thing with a pair of berghaus walking boots. Paid about £100 and they where terrible , couldn't even walk on wet pavements without slipping never mind wet rock or stone., If there,s a Go Outdoors near you pop in and try these Meindl vacuums gtx £206.99, expensive but well worth the money.

Steve

Thanks Steve 

got a few big outdoor stores. I'll check them out definitely. :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, bbrich said:

Love looking at this thread - some great photographers in the soul world. So I thought I better contribute something, not a great picture but if you like fish this was a good looking beast;

2013-08-20 19.43.13-1.jpg

Good to have you on here. Looks like a French carp to me. I'm a match angler but enjoy fishing in general

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

17 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Taken today at a very gloomy Burton Mere RSPB reserve.

A few firsts for me managed to see a Water Pipit, Greenshank, and I think my very first Hen Harrier. Unfortunately they were all viewed through binoculars as they where too far away to take any photographs

Steve

IB2A7032 (3).JPG

Great shot!

Kev

Social source share