Show us your great photos (2016)

Amsterdam Russ

18 hours ago, Peter99 said:

xciting news! My first hedgehog visitor arrived last night - it's always a wow moment for me. I don't have a photograph -  so I drew you a picture! I hope you like it. :rolleyes:

hedgehog-colouring.gif.3903f2a3165bfc3e7

I understand the need for a brolly :(, but does he need a watch ? :)

..........and talking of brollys, I fly to the UK this evening, can we have a little sunshine for the UK please? Anyone on here got any clout??

xx

• Helpful 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, crazylegs said:

I understand the need for a brolly :(, but does he need a watch ? :)

..........and talking of brollys, I fly to the UK this evening, can we have a little sunshine for the UK please? Anyone on here got any clout??

xx

Doh! He needs to know when it's time to come out of hibernation!

:huh:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

15 minutes ago, Soulfinger said:

Them hedgehogs breed fast!:yes:

Wednesday I think it was a large male. Last night there were two smaller ones, and two even smaller ones. They may be related but not necessarily so.

4 minutes ago, NCFC said:

And can eat 200 slugs  a night.So dont use slug pellets. 

I think they'll eat slugs but not necessarily their favourite food - although they do keep mu slug population down. I feed them formulated hedgehog food or dog food. Yep, don't use slug pellets - they can poison all sorts of wildlife.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Had a trap for (well i wont say on here)baited with a fresh herring and lost count of the number of hedgehogs i had to release. My greyhound takes some holding back when we see one. We think he may have tasted them when he was dumped in Ireland before his rescue. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

28 minutes ago, Widnes63 said:

Sorry no wildlife ,beautiful flora or majestic cathedrals.......

Here is yours truly , through the hole in the wall behind me you can see beyond the railway viaduct the columns on the new Mersey bridge.IMG-20160406-WA0011.thumb.jpg.f3eb133b00

These photographs were taken by one of the lads who works with me ,he used to work on the bridge.

This is the river bed inside the cofferdam ,the main columns will start here.

The scaffold staircase is suspended from the top so that it doesn't impede works at base level.

.IMG-20160406-WA0005.thumb.jpg.ac9ea76f6d

A web of reinforced steel bars prior to the first concrete pour.....

IMG-20160406-WA0009.thumb.jpg.fafd8bbacc

First concrete pour done ,the scaffold is erected to put up the shuttering for the next pour.

IMG-20160406-WA0006.thumb.jpg.1a2c59396d

Temporary bridge to get the workforce to the cofferdam/columns......

IMG-20160406-WA0008.thumb.jpg.6dadc5ce83

Amphibious lifeboat  ,  just in case.....

IMG-20160406-WA0004.thumb.jpg.e359b269ba

The concrete mould that we seen on previous post by Ste ( winsford soul ) making the road span.

The concrete piers leading out to the columns in the river are already in place waiting for the span to be placed on top....lots of concrete haha .

IMG-20160406-WA0003.thumb.jpg.1061c28beb

Very interesting mate. Although you wouldn't get me up there!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Widnes63 said:

Here is yours truly , through the hole in the wall behind me you can see beyond the railway viaduct the columns on the new Mersey bridge

Very Nice....... Now FFS get your finger out and get the fookin' bridge finished, all these road works are proper pi55ing us all off!.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

13 hours ago, Zed1 said:

Very Nice....... Now FFS get your finger out and get the fookin' bridge finished, all these road works are proper pi55ing us all off!.

Alright Gaz , hope you are well , sorry mate don't work on the bridge , i'm on Stobarts building a new power station , roadworks are a pain for us on the other side as well but not as bad as sunny Runcorn:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Its with the greatest pleasure that I introduce my first grandson Thomas to soul source

Steve

IMG_2349.JPG

IMG_2349 (1).jpg

Evening Steve

Congratulations to you and Lou - and the proud parents of little Thomas too.

He's a proper smasher!

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Many Congratulations Steve and family ....................................and lots of lovely baby sitting

Sharron & Steve 

x

On 4/11/2016 at 21:02, Winsford Soul said:

Its with the greatest pleasure that I introduce my first grandson Thomas to soul source

Steve

IMG_2349.JPG

IMG_2349 (1).jpg

Edited by crazylegs
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Yesterday around midnight I saw a young toad in front of my door, at the same time there was also a big cat (male) from the neighborhood looking to flirt (maybe more ?) with my two little ones (females) that were inside the house. I love toads. And cats, too !

012.JPG

Edited by Philippe
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, Russell Gilbert said:

First swifts of the year spotted in our part of the Netherlands. Saw half a dozen from the balcony a short while ago. That must mean summer's just around the corner. Doesn't it? :g::lol:

Good evening Russell. Hope your well. :thumbup:. There has also been sightings in Manchester over the last two days. Not seen any myself yet. We had summer on Tuesday and Wednesday over here. 

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Good evening Russell. Hope your well. :thumbup:. There has also been sightings in Manchester over the last two days. Not seen any myself yet. We had summer on Tuesday and Wednesday over here. 

Steve

Well enough here, Steve. Even better now that the swifts are here. Didn't bring any decent weather with them, though, did they? That's a bit inconsiderate. Perhaps the sun's coming with the house martins. They're still missing from our annual migrant influx. Maybe tomorrow… 

• Helpful 2
Social source share