Show us your great photos (2016)

Amsterdam Russ

1 hour ago, Zed1 said:

Some of my old Rag Tops.......

Vauxhall VX220. Built to promote the re-launch of the VX marque by Vauxhall who contracted Lotus to built it (based around the S2 Elise).

Usual fantastic Lotus design & handling - usual Crap Lotus Build quality.

R6VXX003.jpg

Next was the TOTAL opposite. Audi TTR 225 Roadster. Fantastic build quality - Soulless Handling (a Golf in a party frock)

Also, for some reason people kept asking me for a short back and sides?....

PIC_0179.jpg

And EASILY the best of the lot. Honda S2000. The S2K was well built with great handling and one of the finest internal combustion engines EVER made. 

detail014.jpg

Gaz. hope you and the lovely Debs are good. You must have kept them well hidden and out of Runcorn to keep hold of them mate.

Ste

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 20:19, Winsford Soul said:

Gaz. hope you and the lovely Debs are good. You must have kept them well hidden and out of Runcorn to keep hold of them mate.

Ste

We're good thanks Ste.

I just took the tax out of the windows and left them parked on bricks on the drive so no one would notice.

You off down the 'Principality' next weekend?.

Social source share

8 hours ago, Zed1 said:

We're good thanks Ste.

I just took the tax out of the windows and left them parked on bricks on the drive so no one would notice.

You off down the 'Principality' next weekend?.

Only on the Saturday night mate. Thought I had better show my face with her majesty visiting from Bristol. You going to be accompanying The lovely Debs and the mad lot ? Be good as ever too see you or are you leaving it to the northern soul circus , chimps tea party  that normally accompany such events ? delete as appropriate

Ste

Social source share

23 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Only on the Saturday night mate. Thought I had better show my face with her majesty visiting from Bristol. You going to be accompanying The lovely Debs and the mad lot ? Be good as ever too see you or are you leaving it to the northern soul circus , chimps tea party  that normally accompany such events ? delete as appropriate

Always looked forward to Prestatyn Ste, but it's not for me these days. Debs will be there with her usual entourage though.

Have a good weekend Fella.

Edited by Zed1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

Very nice mate. She's got more hair than you :P

Will be up for the very last Ukrainian club in April if you can make it. Be good to see you again. :thumbsup:

Steve

A bit more hair, but she's inherited my good looks, Steve ?.

Enjoyed the last one at the Uki so hope to catch the last one ever.  See you there.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

28 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Its been snowing now for hours up here in Manchester. Can I get the iconic picture of a Robin in the snow. NO. I have Robins in my garden daily, don't know where they're hiding but I,m not giving up, just come inside for a nice cup of tea and to thaw out a bit

Steve

They will be sheltering from the snow, thinking look at that daft lump stood out in this :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

21 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Its been snowing now for hours up here in Manchester. Can I get the iconic picture of a Robin in the snow. NO. I have Robins in my garden daily, don't know where they're hiding but I,m not giving up, just come inside for a nice cup of tea and to thaw out a bit

Steve

Steve set your fishing tackle up in back garden.Pint of maggots and sure one will show up.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Russell Gilbert said:

Yesterday on Facebook, a friend on the Greek island of Lesvos posted up a freshly-taken pic of a group of swallows, which means that they're on their way… :thumbup:

Russell. That's great news. My favourite bird. It just epitomises  spring and summer for me. Last year was the earliest that I can remember seeing them in the UK. 7th April

I have seen Sand Martins and House Martins in late  March but never Swallows.

Steve

Social source share

1 minute ago, Winsford Soul said:

Russell. That's great news. My favourite bird. It just epitomises  spring and summer for me. Last year was the earliest that I can remember seeing them in the UK. 7th April

Steve

Have to agree - they epitomise the summer as do the swifts, which I just love hear screaming through bright sunshine and cloudless skies. They're my soundtrack to summer. Come on all of you guys - get a move on!

I'm a bit concerned though. Considering current attitudes to migrants coming through Greece, will they be allowed to enter the UK? :wicked:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Russell Gilbert said:

Have to agree - they epitomise the summer as do the swifts, which I just love hear screaming through bright sunshine and cloudless skies. They're my soundtrack to summer. Come on all of you guys - get a move on!

I'm a bit concerned though. Considering current attitudes to migrants coming through Greece, will they be allowed to enter the UK? :wicked:

Russell. That's a great idea mate. If they can fly allow them in.:wicked:

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On ‎09‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 14:55, Winsford Soul said:

Steve

Just back from Huelva, plenty of swallows and swifts heading north, you can expect them within a week.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

3 hours ago, crazylegs said:

Inside Palma cathedral. My apologies I am not religious, but I love religious buildings and architecture and in particular cathedrals. I believe this is to signify the Holy Trinity ??? sorry if Ive got that wrong, just thought it was stunning and should be shared. It was added by Gaudi 50 years after the Cathedral was completed.

x

P1010011.JPG

P1010006.JPG

The Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma, more commonly referred to as La Seu (a title also used by many other churches), is a Gothic Roman Catholic cathedral located in Palma, Majorca, Spain, built on the site of a pre-existing Arab mosque. It is 121 metres long, 55 metres wide and its nave is 44 metres tall. By way of comparison, the height of the central nave reaches 33m in Notre Dame de Paris, 38m in Reims, 42m in Notre-Dame d'Amiens and 48m in Saint-Pierre de Beauvais, the highest of all Gothic cathedrals.

Designed in the Catalan Gothic style but with Northern European influences, it was begun by King James I of Aragon in 1229 but finished only in 1601. It sits within the old city of Palma atop the former citadel of the Roman city, between the Royal Palace of La Almudaina and the episcopal palace. It also overlooks the Parc de la Mar and the Mediterranean Sea.

In 1901, fifty years after a restoration of the cathedral had started, Antoni Gaudí was invited to take over the project. While some of his ideas were adopted – moving the choir stalls from the middle nave to be closer to the altar, as well as a large canopy – Gaudí abandoned his work in 1914 after an argument with the contractor. The planned changes were essentially cosmetic rather than structural, and the project was cancelled soon after.

You weren't that far out in your 50 year bit, although it was 50 years after the restoration was started, rather than the cathedral completed, as that would have been 1651.  All this courtesy of Wikipedia.

Social source share

8 minutes ago, TattooDave said:

I can only guess as to how cold it is, it's 15C here at the moment and my dog doesn't seem to mind that at all.

Dave

13c outside today

Its always 20c in our house i feel the cold more now 

But he's got a thick coat on all the time :wicked:

Edited by Kev John
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Kev John said:

Dave

Its always 20c in our house i feel the cold more now 

But he's got a thick coat on all the time :wicked:

I don't put the heating on here Kev, it's not needed, I don't wear socks, and am in tee shirts all year.  

Happy probably feels the cold more than me.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Russell Gilbert said:

Took a midweek afternoon trip to a nearby pancake house/cafe on what was a lovely, sunny spring day (bit of a nippy breeze though). It's a favourite haunt in the Amsterdam woods and we stopped long enough to catch the sun setting over Schiphol airport. The pancake house has a number of deer there with the males showing definite signs of spring fever!_DSC3832-web.jpg.bbc716cdfb34615126ba745IMG_0230-web.jpg.e33888297025c282f563343IMG_0232-web.jpg.177ac45f9fb13ad20827127IMG_0250-web.jpg.b91995ddee4775c1355eb46

Last shot had me thinking big pike.

• Helpful 2
Social source share