Does Anyone Know This Record?

Pete S

I'm trying to find a value for this record and also wondering if it's been played / getting played, I can't believe something this good isn't known but it isn't in any of the price guides. Thanks for any info.

p.s. I can't see the button showing me how to add an audio clip!

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Pete, you don't get the 'new clip' button on first topic in a thread, have to reply and add a second post with it on.

Don't think I know the record but isn't there something by Dee Dee Warwick with the Dixie Cups?

Social source share

I'm trying to find a value for this record and also wondering if it's been played / getting played, I can't believe something this good isn't known but it isn't in any of the price guides. Thanks for any info.

Hi Pete

the last copy I saw for sale was £75

regards

Paul

Social source share

The Dixie Cups are some of my new best friends Pete, :ohmy: .

I'm in a record shop just outside New Orleans a couple of years ago. Been talking to the owner for 20 minutes before I started piling through his stock at the back of the shop.

Half an hour later, he calls to me, bet you'd like to meet these three ladies!.

Sho nuff, it was the Dixie Cups, just called in to say hello.

Talked about Red Bird... and all that stuff. They said that started out as Little Miss and The Muffets!... but never recorded under that name.

Still touring (mainly Cruise's) after all these years.

Sean

Sean

Social source share

being offered for sale in us at $273

Social source share

I dont like it,full stop :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Doesnt Martin play this occasionally at Soul in the City? And Maybe Audra would have played it at the Walthamstow do's. I'm pretty sure she was the first I heard play it out.

Social source share

Must admit i'm starting to question either yours or my taste in music Pete, we've always had very similar musical tastes but first it was that 100 club single yesterday & now this that we are disagreeing on, this does nothing for me whatsoever, very run of the mill imo.

Simon :)

Social source share

Must admit i'm starting to question either yours or my taste in music Pete, we've always had very similar musical tastes but first it was that 100 club single yesterday & now this that we are disagreeing on, this does nothing for me whatsoever, very run of the mill imo.

Simon - the question was - DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS RECORD - not a 'this is the greatest record in the world' claim. I hadn't heard it, I played it, I liked it. That's all.

Social source share

Simon - the question was - DOES ANYONE KNOW THIS RECORD - not a 'this is the greatest record in the world' claim. I hadn't heard it, I played it, I liked it. That's all.

Ok, no i don't know it, yes i don't like it.

Social source share

Been playing this at Annesley in the early spot for the last 15 months or so , my wife dances to it so that's 2 more of us that like it.

Steve B

Social source share

That's ok then!

I bought 2 copies, one was £75 & the other I got for £15 and I know that Pat Brady has one for sale at £150 at the moment so god knows what it's actually worth.

Steve B

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

It's shit. Goes for either $5 or is left unsold on ebay pretty much every week. :thumbsup:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Pete Sold two last year @ £50 each.. on ABC

It was also issued on UK HMV #1557 in 1966 the last copy I had of that I sold for £10...... underlining how we miss things and prices can suddenly change.

New price guide I've listed it @ £75

Social source share

No offence or owt like that John, but how did you arrive @ £75 if you've only sold two for £50, just curious to know :thumbsup:

Social source share

It was also issued on UK HMV #1557 in 1966 the last copy I had of that I sold for £10...... underlining how we miss things and prices can suddenly change.

John - thanks a lot for that info. I knew about the UK issue, though only cos Roy Gelder told me on Monday. Their "What Kind Of Fool" on UK HMV is a great track I think.

Not heard before - very bland and non-descript, Imo, Pete. Maybe one best kept for your ears only :thumbsup:

Karen

This chap wants a word with you :thumbsup:

5700_large.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!