Amy Winehouse - Rehab Promo

Pete S

Caught a bit of a cover of 'Sweetest Feeling' on the radio earlier, turns out it was Liz McLarnon (ex-Atomic Kitten apparently), released earlier this year... so where are all the masses of teenage girls getting into the soul scene? :rolleyes:

Social source share

• Replies 67
  • Views 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

In fact where are any good singers looking to become the leading lights of soul music. It's far easier and quicker to bring out some crap like Put Your Hands Up For Detroit. There are no benchmarks any more for the black music industry, most aspire to fame and fortune (mostly very short lived) but hardly any aspire to be the best any more which is a great shame

Edited by richard
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

They tried to make her go to Rehab, but she wont go, go, go :unsure:blush.gif

They wanted Trevor Peacock to go to rehab, but he said No No No YES!

Balls. Cant post the photo. But its that fella out of Vicar of Dibley.

It was funny 20 minutes ago. Before I tried posting a flipping picture.

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

Wow! How did I know nothing about this?!

Not having heard anything but this video clip, I have to say, I was impressed, by the voice, the musicianship (real musicians, perhaps!), and especially by the mature subject and lyrics. That's what soul and blues music is about, tackling tough moments in life head on and with some honesty.

As to the erratic live performances some people have mentioned, I guess this has happened to a lot of artists. We could all name a few who had personal troubles. Let's hope she is able to deal with them, and enjoy the success, and we get to follow another Aretha not another James Carr (in terms of coping with life, I mean!)

I give this song an unreserved thumbs-up, a great addition to soul music! Someone call Justin Timberlake (the number should be 1-800-634-5789) and get her to Memphis!

Rob

"Still Hip and With-it WIth a '73 Vintage" whistling.gif

Social source share

My son just came in and said, really like that Amy Winehouse track, sounds very motown, think I'll buy her album. So I asked him if the thought it was soulful, he said, yep. Thought about referring him to this thread, but wouldn't want to disillusion him. Besides he'd only say we're deadwood know nothings, who's vision is obscured by having our heads too far up our own arses :unsure:

Social source share

YEAH PEDRO SHE WAS WELL OUT OF HER TREE

COULDNT EVEN SING KINDA EMBARRASING FOR HER

BUT SHE WAS MAKING ME CRINGE TOO

SAW HER ON THE SHARON OSBOURNE SHOW TOO

SINING IT LIVE AND SHE WAS PRETTY WEAK ALSO

IN COMPARISON TO THE VIDEO

I EXPECTED HER VOICE TO BE STRONGER.

SHE NEEDS TO GET BACK TO FRIENDS..

cracking record :lol: have heard much worse played out :thumbsup:
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Soulboychester

It's just plain great..she's just plain great. Is there a little sample in there? Do we know who produced it ?

It is produced by Mark Ronson whose Mick Ronson's son (former Bowie Side Kick R.I.P)

Social source share

I cant get away from this bloody song, its worse than the most rubbishest over played record on the northern scene, every day i see her name pop up some where on here, and radio 2 are bloody hammering it :angry: i wish to never hear this again.

wooh wooh wooh :thumbsup:

Social source share

I cant get away from this bloody song, its worse than the most rubbishest over played record on the northern scene, every day i see her name pop up some where on here, and radio 2 are bloody hammering it :angry: i wish to never hear this again.

wooh wooh wooh :yes:

==========

Worse than Cochise, footsee, under my thumb, hawaii 5-0, 9 times out of ten, Joe 90...... I think not :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!