What the F

Jayboy

17 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Is your exclamation regarding actual price against your perceived value of the record, or just the fact it has reached this price for a second issue (as clearly stated in the description ).

In MHO, a record that does get dance floors going although I don't think it is worth over £100 even for an original.

ROY

• Helpful 1
Social source share

just checked out his/her other sells......looks like another chance of a look at me dj playing at a local soul night near you.....bet the seller got a great collection well so he tells everyone lol.....as Catherine tates nan says "wot a f.....g liberty"

• Helpful 1
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Russell Gilbert said:

The seller might have mistakenly named it as "Catch EVERY teardrop", but the label clearly gives the right title. In fact, although not the best pics/scans, it looks like  a genuine ABC issue. Can anyone clarify?

see what your saying, certainly looks real with a moulded label, just had a look at his feedback ebay seems to have sold some "original 45s" in the past

so most know what hes selling? but could be a case of a bad photo plus his other present sales are all the stated as reissues

Social source share

6 hours ago, SOULCENTRAL said:

Is your exclamation regarding actual price against your perceived value of the record, or just the fact it has reached this price for a second issue (as clearly stated in the description ).

In MHO, a record that does get dance floors going although I don't think it is worth over £100 even for an original.

ROY

The original came out on 'Home of the Blues' label and is certainly worth considerably more than £100

Social source share

This is the fake label man who is posting copied labels on boots. He is doing it to fund his scooter racing.He is making a good living out of these "fun label" records.The accurate description should read.G Condition bootleg.Original bootleg label has been covered over with a coloured copy of the original label.Original bootleg label ruined.Pretend you are a top soul deejay at your local handbag night.Turn down the lights a bit of Norman Collier miking and no one will know the difference.  https://www.facebook.com/alan.hamilton.12914?fref=ts&hc_location=ufi

Edited by wiggyflat
Social source share

Guest trickbag

Posted 4 hours ago (edited) · Report post

This is the fake label man who is posting copied labels on boots. He is doing it to fund his scooter racing.He is making a good living out of these "fun label" records.The accurate description should read.G Condition bootleg.Original bootleg label has been covered over with a coloured copy of the original label.Original bootleg label ruined.Pretend you are a top soul deejay at your local handbag night.Turn down the lights a bit of Norman Collier miking and no one will know the difference.  https://www.facebook.com/alan.hamilton.12914?fref=ts&hc_location=ufi

Edited 4 hours ago by wiggyflat

gotta say it tell it like it is.

ricky.

Social source share

10 hours ago, hammie said:

It's NOT A RE-ISSUE it's an out and out way of making as much money as possible by SCANNING labels from the original and sticking

them on a cheap pressing knowing that there are some sad F**KERS out there who will buy this crap in a vain attempt to look like a

DJ with a reasonable play box. Whilst there are sad F**KERS about, and it seems there are a few, then there will be a market for people

like this ebay seller with NO CONSCIENCE to continue offloading FAKE records.  (If this seller lived in my area he woul'nt be welcome at

any soul do's I attend and would have the finger pointed at him)

The two parties above are as bad as each other, both to blame for this recent  blot on our soul scene.

What  I am most concerned about however is these FAKE records getting into circulation by being offloaded by the sad F**KERS after

they are bored with em' and they move on to the next batch of FAKES. There will be unfortunately some soft touch out there who will

end up with FAKE records having paid for an original I bet. 

Summed it up H - sad fu#kers - like it ????

Social source share

Despite it being a normal part of life for many record enthusiasts, let's be fair it's not exactly "normal" for people in general, to want to spend £100+ on a 45. I would expect that someone who does this to engage their brain, and to know what it is they are buying, and that's why this really makes zero sense to me, as they must know they are buying basically a worthless article devoid of provenance or any kind of intrinsic worth.

Imagine that - a 200 case filled with similar tat..... for the bargain price of only £20,000
OUCH

Perhaps one day they might wake up in the middle of the night, go white as a sheet with terror, and realise how much of a complete CHUMP they have been :ohmy:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 6 January 2016 at 17:13, wiggyflat said:

That's what I thought reissue my a____

Social source share

21 hours ago, hammie said:

It's NOT A RE-ISSUE it's an out and out way of making as much money as possible by SCANNING labels from the original and sticking

them on a cheap pressing knowing that there are some sad F**KERS out there who will buy this crap in a vain attempt to look like a

DJ with a reasonable play box. Whilst there are sad F**KERS about, and it seems there are a few, then there will be a market for people

like this ebay seller with NO CONSCIENCE to continue offloading FAKE records.  (If this seller lived in my area he woul'nt be welcome at

any soul do's I attend and would have the finger pointed at him)

The two parties above are as bad as each other, both to blame for this recent  blot on our soul scene.

What  I am most concerned about however is these FAKE records getting into circulation by being offloaded by the sad F**KERS after

they are bored with em' and they move on to the next batch of FAKES. There will be unfortunately some soft touch out there who will

end up with FAKE records having paid for an original I bet. 

Thanks for this summary - really important points....  well worth highlighting this

Social source share

21 hours ago, hammie said:

It's NOT A RE-ISSUE

Just for the record: Of course it's not a reissue. We know that and seller knows. But, if you state "bootleg" in your item description you'd be kicked out of Ebay straight away. So don't take the "reissue/2nd issue/later issue" part too literally.

Social source share

30 minutes ago, Benji said:

Just for the record: Of course it's not a reissue. We know that and seller knows. But, if you state "bootleg" in your item description you'd be kicked out of Ebay straight away. So don't take the "reissue/2nd issue/later issue" part too literally.

We don't take it literally but others might should be kicked out of eBay

neil

• Helpful 2
Social source share

why doesn't somebody put it in nice words and put it to ebay that they are boots counterfeits illegal copies breaking copyright infringements i put tracks on youtube my own and make a bit on the adds soon as a record starts getting attention i get told i`m breaking cocopyrights i can leave it on but cant make money on the adds  so how can that TWIT get away with it even the scan is made to deceive when you sign up for ebay they specify that you do not use counterfeits  or copies second issue my ant fanny if you try giving bad feedback ebay tells you to phone the seller first gives you a load of red tape that totaly fooks you up they dont want you to give bad feedback it looks bad for ebay  ok rant over

Social source share

eBayfxxj3ttftm5ltcqnto1o4baovyl.png
Shop by category
Enter your search keyword
All CategoriesAntiquesArtBabyBooks, Comics & MagazinesBusiness, Office & IndustrialCameras & PhotographyCars, Motorcycles & VehiclesClothes, Shoes & AccessoriesCoinsCollectablesComputers/Tablets & NetworkingCraftsDolls & BearsDVDs, Films & TVEvents TicketsGarden & PatioHealth & BeautyHolidays & TravelHome, Furniture & DIYJewellery & WatchesMobile Phones & CommunicationMusicMusical InstrumentsPet SuppliesPottery, Porcelain & GlassPropertySound & VisionSporting GoodsSports MemorabiliaStampsToys & GamesVehicle Parts & AccessoriesVideo Games & ConsolesWholesale & Job LotsEverything Else
  Advanced

Thank you for taking the time to submit this report. This information is very important to us, so please be assured that we will thoroughly review it and take action if necessary.

If there's a violation, the action we take depends on how it impacts our community. In some cases, we explain the situation to the seller, and the listing will remain on our website. If the item or listing doesn't follow our rules, we may cancel the listing. We may also restrict the seller's buying and selling activities on eBay.

To protect our users' privacy, we're unable to share the action we take. Thanks for understanding.

Note: You don't need to contact us again. Doing so would create a new report and prolong the process.
Edited by Gerry H
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!