revived Technics turntables

De-to

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Ivor Jones

I wonder how much they'll cost nowadays ? Also wonder what the different features will be,[mentions a new motor,wonder what else]…...

Social source share

$4000 is a bit of a risk.  The market they are aiming at then would be very niche and the developement and production costs must be pretty significant.  Considering they left the market because of costs vs. money made I find it a bit bizarre to price the biggest majority of potential customers out of the market.

Social source share

Guest Byrney
2 hours ago, Kris Holmes said:

Japanese press release from Panasonic stated that both the limited & general models will retail at around the $4000US price point.  They are chasing the hi-fi audiophile market.

Bizzare thinking from Panasonic, are audiophiles the right target audience? The unique thing about 1210s and 1200s is that they are built to mix and scratch on, not primarily on their sound quality.

18 minutes ago, chalky said:

$4000 is a bit of a risk.  The market they are aiming at then would be very niche and the developement and production costs must be pretty significant.  Considering they left the market because of costs vs. money made I find it a bit bizarre to price the biggest majority of potential customers out of the market.

I agree, I'm sure there's wider demand out there at the right price and production costs would be lower for larger volumes, economies of scale.

Could be they're skimming the market - short run with limited availability and later produce more to market demand at lower cost.

Having moved to a bigger house recently set mine up again after a £100 service and forgot how much fun they are to mix on.

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

2 hours ago, chalky said:

Chalky...i was in a garage converted to a studio in my local village looking at 2 turntables that cost £14.5k each!...i staggered at the cost but they was something else ..i can't remember make!...i'll call back somrtime and find out...he also had the reel to reel tapes there from abbey rd..

Dave L

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert