Dave Morris

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soul stormers

Shopping in Matalan yesterday and Ann Sexton - You've Been Gone Too Long comes on.Couldn't believe me ears.Quick spin then backflip while in queue. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyone else heard similar while out shopping?

Dave.

you must be hearing thing again dave :D

Social source share

Guest Caroline Gration

Shopping in Matalan yesterday and Ann Sexton - You've Been Gone Too Long comes on.Couldn't believe me ears.Quick spin then backflip while in queue. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dave.

I've SEEN Edwin Starr (alive) in Chilwell Matalan in Nottingham.
Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Shopping in Matalan yesterday and Ann Sexton - You've Been Gone Too Long comes on.Couldn't believe me ears.Quick spin then backflip while in queue. :D:thumbsup:

Dave.

Exactly the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago. :D

Which branch was it? Mine was the one in Hackney. I thought at first that some keen young staffer had gotten hold of a soul compilation CD, but the records that followed weren't soul. Very surreal.

Can anyone explain?

Is it some sort of conspiracy?

Simsy? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Exactly the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago. :thumbsup:

Which branch was it? Mine was the one in Hackney. I thought at first that some keen young staffer had gotten hold of a soul compilation CD, but the records that followed weren't soul. Very surreal.

Can anyone explain?

=============

Maybe they put 5/6 CDs on shuffle? Is Anne Sexton on any new recently released compilations?

Social source share

Exactly the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago. :D

Can anyone explain?

Mine was the Bournemouth branch.Saying that some of kitchen staff had cd player on today with a Motown cd in.Their average age is around 21. :thumbsup:

Have to start handing flyers out to them now.

Dave.

Social source share

Dave.

Otis Redding " Lovin' By The Poundstretcher "

I'll get my coat .......

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

some of kitchen staff had cd player on today with a Motown cd in.Their average age is around 21. :thumbsup:

Have to start handing flyers out to them now.

Dave.

Kitchen staff?

Do you live in a mansion?

I hope you're paying them the going rate, young though they are :thumbsup:

Social source share

Can anyone explain?

I heard the same CD in T K Maxx Saturday in King's Lynn, as you say, the other tracks were'nt Northern Soul.

There's obviously a store CD going around and whoever compiled it thought they'd stick one on for us lot!!!

Social source share

Exactly the same thing happen to me 2 weeks ago. :thumbsup:

Can anyone explain?

:D Retail outlets: Tacky Compilation Vol VI..

Social source share

Laying on the bed during my last blood donation and suddenly the Marvelettes "I'll Keep On Holding On" comes out of the their cd player ..... followed by Martha Reeves - Nowhere to Run, then Lynn Collins - Think.... :yes: .........and then it all went tits up with Sister Sledge - "Frankie" !! :( Good while it lasted tho.... I asked the nurse who chose the music & she said all the staff bough in cd's to play.... and they just put on what they like. :lol:

Social source share

I was once somewhere and i heard( in order)

1) After All--Sam Dees

2I still love you -Harry Deal

3)That,s What Love Does-Vince Montana

4)Darkest Days -Jackie Lee

5)We had it all- James Govan.

It was wonderful ,then i realised i was in bed.--L.O.L.

Regards

Tony.C.

Social source share

Guest andycambs

Heard Ann Sexton on a CD in a motorcycle dealership in Peterborough a few months back while sitting on a Monkey Bike, nearly fell off it :lol: , and the salesman told me its just a background music thing sent to all of their branches, and as mentioned before, no other northern on the cd

Andy

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

good to hear but not only that but i work for Somerfield and before we had been known as Kwik save there had been a day devoted to celebrate there birthday and it was selected 60's songs all day on there Kwik save in store radio and for some reason i love music - O'Jays being played.

Even though songs were Dancing in the street, Four tops - I Can't Help Myself mixed with say Gene Pitney it was great to go to work and hear some motown and soul being played however cd's are on rotation they made about 3 complations of say 25 songs and play them on rotation so chance of hearing Four tops is like say 3 times

Social source share

Whilst checking out the clearance rack for men's knitted tops in TK Maxx I heard Bobby Womack's original of Daylight. They've obviously researched their market and concluded that John Smedley seekers may buy that turquoise V Neck if mollified by a decent slice of Modern soul.

jpg43f999bdd6eb3.jpg

Social source share

Guest soul_hull

my local kwik-save plays 'own-brand' versions of coldplay and U2 etc.

didn't know whether to laugh or cry - so instead i shoplifted four pounds of mature cheddar and a union jack camping chair*

* i made this last bit up.

Social source share

] Shopping in Matalan yesterday and Ann Sexton - You've Been Gone Too Long comes on.Couldn't believe me ears.Quick spin then backflip while in queue.

Dave.

well in Sydney last month i was shopping with the missus in Kmart and nearlly fainted as Drizabone "Real Love' came on !! had a little shuffle down the gardening isle.Cheered me up for the day !

on reaching the check out i enquired about the stores music policy and he said it was same selection as all the stores get, on line .

the song after it was crap

Pete m

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!