News: Betty Boo 'My Man Flint'

Chalky

On 11/01/2016 at 11:13, Paul r said:

Great track and dare I say it, a far better vocal than the other two Betty Boo tracks. I wonder how many more gems there are still to be unearthed? Has a vocal to the Innocent Bystanders Frantic Escape ever appeared?

Paul

Why not say it? It's true. The two Grapevine tracks leave a little to be desired in terms of what could have been. This track shows they could have been much better with a stronger vocal. I like this track but the only (slight) downside (imo) is that the lyric content gives it a slight novelty value that a different lyric would have avoided. Still pretty good though and very worthy of release.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, SoulStu said:

My copy arrived this morning - both sides are nice and clear sounding, love it! it's archetypal Popcorn (with a capital P). For the price of three pints you get some proper northern in your box!

Stu

There dispatch department must have been busy as mine arrived this morning too :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, maslar said:

Why not say it? It's true. The two Grapevine tracks leave a little to be desired in terms of what could have been. This track shows they could have been much better with a stronger vocal. I like this track but the only (slight) downside (imo) is that the lyric content gives it a slight novelty value that a different lyric would have avoided. Still pretty good though and very worthy of release.

Blimey! I think they are both fantastic. :ohmy:

Social source share

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 17:07, Pete S said:

Do some people really think this is better than Say It Isn't So?   

I do. Say It Isn't So is a mess imo. When I first heard it in the mid 80s I couldn't believe that it was big at Wigan. It just sounds like a very rough demo to me with no polish whatsoever.

Social source share

1 hour ago, daved said:

I do. Say It Isn't So is a mess imo. When I first heard it in the mid 80s I couldn't believe that it was big at Wigan. It just sounds like a very rough demo to me with no polish whatsoever.

Apart from the brass, string arrangement, brilliant vocal...

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!