Willie Tee "you gonna pay some dues" £4000

Jim G

Willie Tee "You Gonna Pay Some Dues" for sale at £4,000 in not great nic and looks like the same one on popsike that sold for £794 this year. Links to both below. I ain't expert, but it looks expensive ?

https://www.rarenorthernsoul.com/Rare-60s-Northern-USA-UK/43426/you-gonna-pay-some-dues-aint-that-true-baby/#product

popsike

https://www.popsike.com/WILLIE-TEE-45-You-Gonna-Pay-Some-Dues-BONATEMP-holy-grail-New-Orleans-soul-HEAR/371354870790.html

Social source share

Another inane listing in a long line of equally daft listings from this dude - picked up a totally pristine copy last year, clearly from an actual dealer rather than a comedian, for a whole lot less than this. Only sensible part of the listing is agree that the flip isn't bad, though probably less so with a crack through half of it. Just ridiculous. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

27 minutes ago, LambrettaGP200 said:

The most ridiculous comment I've read for a long time, & that includes FB!!

Everyone's entitled to their views, but that's plain stupid.

I presume from that you own a copy. Terrible record to my ears, and not northern. The desperate need to find something new to play means that records like this that wouldn't have been looked at twice back in the day are now being raved about. You would have to pay me £5k to play it.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 minute ago, Quinvy said:

I presume from that you own a copy. Terrible record to my ears, and not northern. The desperate need to find something new to play means that records like this that wouldn't have been looked at twice back in the day are now being raved about. You would have to pay me £5k to play it.

I'd give it a rest before you make a bigger fool of yourself fella!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, LambrettaGP200 said:

And for your information, I do own a copy & I do rate it.

However, I appreciate we all like different things.

I was brought up in a family where if you had nothing good to say, you shut up, and your silly comments add nothing to this thread.

au contraire, it's a public forum and I am entitled to my opinion. If you like the record then I'm very happy for you. But the fact remains that it is never worth five grand.

Edited by Quinvy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, LambrettaGP200 said:

Of course you are entitled to your opinion fella.

However, when you are saying stupid things for the sake of it, you are fair game.

I'll leave you in peace to educate us all on what is Northern & what isn't!! 

I thought the stupid statement was that Marilyn Barbarin was worth five grand? But I guess a record is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. 

Social source share

14 hours ago, LambrettaGP200 said:

I was brought up in a family where if you had nothing good to say, you shut up, and your silly comments add nothing to this thread.

Better close the forum down then if nobody can have a different opinion.  Fair record, not great, not terrible, not worth getting upset over!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, Quinvy said:

I thought the stupid statement was that Marilyn Barbarin was worth five grand? But I guess a record is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. 

Not gonna argue over its value but it ain't very good, just rare.  If it wasn't rare no one would bother with it.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

2 minutes ago, WoodButcher said:

It'll be joining an illustrious club then ... there are plenty of 'tunes' out there that wouldn't get a second listen if they weren't sh*t-rare ... :lol:

So true

Back on topic - 4 grand for a G+ cracked record??? What planet is this bloke from??

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I don't have a problem with people's taste in music & whether they like this particular record or not.

But to go to the lengths Quinvy did to rubbish it, is just ridiculous.

I can't believe anyone would say it ain't Northern either.....whether you think it's good or bad.

The record ain't worth anywhere near £5k & we can all agree on that, however, the last copy through eBay went for over £1.4k.

Social source share

3 hours ago, chalky said:

Not gonna argue over its value but it ain't very good, just rare.  If it wasn't rare no one would bother with it.

well I disagree......I bought it because I like it.....no other reason.

whether you, Quinvy or anyone else doesn't  likes it is fair enough....that's your opinion.

There will be tunes you rate & I think are shite. I just don't feel the need to let everyone know about it.

Anyway, the thread is about another record & value......apologies for side tracking it.

Edited by LambrettaGP200
Social source share

18 minutes ago, LambrettaGP200 said:

well I disagree......I bought it because I like it.....no other reason.

whether you, Quinvy or anyone else doesn't  likes it is fair enough.

Sorry, I don't know your name, I just want to clear this up. I think you have misunderstood my original comment. I was really having a go at the incredible listing of the record, not the record itself. This was what caused me to comment:

£5,000.00

Best 60s Northern Record EVER !!! b/w Deep Soul Sensation - Very Slight Storage Warp

Edited by Quinvy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

21 hours ago, LambrettaGP200 said:

hi alan hope you bring it to ruby,if not you use mind ,hope you keeping well billy

Social source share

On 12/01/2016 at 21:32, sweeney said:

Good marketing tactic though. How much traffic has been driven to that site in the last few days? Far more effective than Google Adwords.

yes but the issue is most things on there are a massive piss take price wise. must have to drive truck loads through to find an idiot to buy. 

Social source share

Guest johnny hart

RNS value their Willie Tee "Dues " at £4000 for a G+,,, Based on the highly respected Goldmine system {G, is only worth 10% of Nm} some lucky chum out there With a " Manship Mint" Willie is sitting on £40,000! On a more serious note my love of The ,Cool Groovy Grooves of Mr Tee anyone know if the compilation lp/cdon ebay /Discogs on us Night train International is OK sound wise [ seem to remember some probs when this track was mentioned in 2010}} LOL Johnny

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!