Ronnie Mcneir

Jerry Hipkiss

• Replies 2
  • Views 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm sure that this has been done before somewhere, but which of the two seventies releases of "SIMC" is the legal reissue? I always understood that it was the one with the instr. on the flip, but if that's so, where did the "Bongo" mix of "SIMC" come from?

Hippo.

All very odd!

The original is SIMC & Isn't She A Pretty Girl

There's a later issue of SIMC which has the 'arrow' logo too, but the instrumental on the flip. Label looks the same as the original but has 'VOCAL' on the label that gives it away

There another later issue, different design label. SIMC has additional bongos, but the same version of ISAPG on the b side

Social source share

All very odd!

The original is SIMC & Isn't She A Pretty Girl

There's a later issue of SIMC which has the 'arrow' logo too, but the instrumental on the flip. Label looks the same as the original but has 'VOCAL' on the label that gives it away

There another later issue, different design label. SIMC has additional bongos, but the same version of ISAPG on the b side

This is what I can never work out - that third "non-arrow" label is pretty amateurish, couldn't even curve the print at the bottom - and yet the mix of "SIMC" is completely different!

Confused of Cheltenham. :)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!