• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

first time had ears on this

suprised that anyone ever fell for this

the slowed down chorus etc really really draggggs

and never mind that the "him" bit in lyrics is a bit of a give away :lol:

if wanna proper other version, sure first choice did ballad one on a early 80s flip

anyone soundclip of that

anyother real ones ?

Social source share

first time had ears on this

suprised that anyone ever fell for this

the slowed down chorus etc really really draggggs

and never mind that the "him" bit in lyrics is a bit of a give away wicked.gif

if wanna proper other version, sure first choice did ballad one on a early 80s flip

anyone soundclip of that

anyother real ones ?

Was discussed about a year ago, when Martyn Bird of the excellent Hull Soul Club asked me to find out about it. Sussed it out strait away, the 'him' bit being the clincher! :D It's absolute s**te! who was responsible for it tho'?? anyone gonna own up! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Was discussed about a year ago, when Martyn Bird of the excellent Hull Soul Club asked me to find out about it. Sussed it out strait away, the 'him' bit being the clincher! :D It's absolute s**te! who was responsible for it tho'?? anyone gonna own up! wicked.gif

I bought Millie Jackson's "House for sale" when it first came out, and still think the original is brilliant and to slow it down and still sound half decent shows the superior sound to start with. Crap will always sound crap at whatever speed, but class always shows through . . . even after being strangled to 4/5th's speed.

Martin :thumbsup:

Social source share

I bought Millie Jackson's "House for sale" when it first came out, and still think the original is brilliant and to slow it down and still sound half decent shows the superior sound to start with. Crap will always sound crap at whatever speed, but class always shows through . . . even after being strangled to 4/5th's speed.

Martin :thumbsup:

nah, not imo

listening to that was a f***** chore wicked.gif

whoever tired to pass it off needs to have a word with himself

Social source share

Was discussed about a year ago, when Martyn Bird of the excellent Hull Soul Club asked me to find out about it. Sussed it out strait away, the 'him' bit being the clincher! wicked.gif It's absolute s**te! who was responsible for it tho'?? anyone gonna own up! :thumbsup:

House sale might have resulted from the break of a same-sex marriage? No trendy shops like IKEA had been invented at the time to sell a 'His and His Vanity' "that still reflects his memory"?

I've got a couple of CD's of this cobblers, probably the worst is a 'female' version of Sam Dees' Lonely for You Baby, another same-sex relationship as she wants to see the girl again.

Don't worry, I can't find the CD's so can't post any of them up, thank god!

Social source share

simon..

wasnt it done by and played by the lads at drax..

nice to see young martyn bird get a mention on here..

8=)

bless

jc

the messiah of northern soul

Don't know who did them. I seem to remember Rob Thomas lent them to me - he never did like me! The have just been tinkered with on a PC by changing their pitch and play speeds. Pete Smith has also done some in the past and post them up on here. Novelty value soon wears thin though.

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

nah, not imo

listening to that was a f***** chore :)

whoever tired to pass it off needs to have a word with himself

Never mind I hear Girls Aloud have done an uptempo version, perhaps you'd like that then!! :lol:

Martin

P.S. There is also an unissued version of The Spice Girls singing Tainted Love, when asked about this, they said it was so much better than the original by Soft Cell.

Social source share

Never mind I hear Girls Aloud have done an uptempo version, perhaps you'd like that then!! :)

Martin

P.S. There is also an unissued version of The Spice Girls singing Tainted Love, when asked about this, they said it was so much better than the original by Soft Cell.

what you on about

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

its sh*te, its false, its unnatural

you can hear it draggging ffs

imo of course :lol:

Everyone to his own as they say. :yes: . . but to deny a class record . . . well I never!!! (imho)

Martin

Social source share

may be and not for the purists -but packs the floor where ever played

Andy

people actually play the slowed down version out ?

why ??

Everyone to his own as they say. :yes: . . but to deny a class record . . . well I never!!! (imho)

Martin

read posts again, on about the diy version :lol:

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

people actually play the slowed down version out ?

why ??

read posts again, on about the diy version :yes:

Oh! what sh*te!! Now I know what you mean! biggrin.gif Less beer perhaps.

Martin

p.s. if you speed up Harold Melvin, does he sound like Millie Jackson though . . . just a thought. :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!