Obscure Motown - A Better Man Than You

Sebastian

Bit of an obscure Motown question here... I have The Magic Disco Machine's instrumental version of Sisters Love "A Better Man Than You" on an italian Tamla Motown 45 from 1975. A storming piece of funky 70s. Was it ever released on a 45 in the US?

The only US Magic Disco Machine 45 I know is:

Magic Disco Machine - Control Tower / Scratchin' - MOTOWN 1362

The vocal version by Sisters Love was issued on the flipside of "Give Me Your Love" on Mowest.

Social source share

• Replies 1
  • Views 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Bit of an obscure Motown question here... I have The Magic Disco Machine's instrumental version of Sisters Love "A Better Man Than You" on an italian Tamla Motown 45 from 1975. A storming piece of funky 70s. Was it ever released on a 45 in the US?

The only US Magic Disco Machine 45 I know is:

Magic Disco Machine - Control Tower / Scratchin' - MOTOWN 1362

The vocal version by Sisters Love was issued on the flipside of "Give Me Your Love" on Mowest.

Hi Sebastian,

No, it doesn't seem to have been released on a US 45 . There's a missing number on Motown at 1348, which could have been earmarked for it - it's only 14 numbers earlier than "Control Tower", so that's a real possibility. However, that's all just conjecture on my part, I've no evidence whatsoever to support that theory!

Nice item to have, BTW I love the Sisters Love record, although not as much as "Give Me Your Love", which I might just play at Bisley this Saturday night, come to think of it!

TONE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!