Eddie Carlton....n'......lorenzo Manley

Guest melandthensome

Guest melandthensome

:thumbsup: Everytime I spin Eddie Carltons 'it shall be done' on Swan Records then a personal BIG BIG FAVE of mine Lorenzo Manleys 'swoop down on ya' on Original Sound Records it never ceases to amaze me just how similar the intro's are and the various soundings in the back-ups on each 45.

Any thoughts at all wicked.gif

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest melandthensome

Cheers Kirsty

yeah very similar in my opinion but Lorenzo Manley I first heard in 1971 when our kid bought a copy back from a venue.I still have it and it brings back special memories for me.

Great track as well the Eddie Carlton dontcha think :thumbsup:

Social source share

Cheers Kirsty

yeah very similar in my opinion but Lorenzo Manley I first heard in 1971 when our kid bought a copy back from a venue.I still have it and it brings back special memories for me.

Great track as well the Eddie Carlton dontcha think :wicked:

Seem to remember reading somewhere that at the recording session Lorenzo's voice was deemed not up to it and that Gene Dozier is the actual vocalist on "Swoop Down", he was also involved in production of the session.

Social source share

Seem to remember reading somewhere that at the recording session Lorenzo's voice was deemed not up to it and that Gene Dozier is the actual vocalist on "Swoop Down", he was also involved in production of the session.

thread hi-jack alert....

do you remember sporting this rather fabulous hairdo - Winsford '96

scan0001.jpg(post-4070-1159441241_thumb.

Social source share

biggrin.gif

Kirsty

whats with the thread hi-jack alert? :yes:

I knew Derek would come back to this thread to see what your comments were, so thought I'd post up that pic that I had of him.

Anyway, stop talking and post some more records :(

I like em girlie, and crossoveriefied please :lol:

Social source share

:lol:

You'll do for me - I love it when men do as they're told biggrin.gif

Four Larks reminds me of John Kingham - can just picture him dancing - only actually understood about 20% of what he said though :yes:

Social source share

:huh:

I knew Derek would come back to this thread to see what your comments were, so thought I'd post up that pic that I had of him.

Sneaky :huh:

Thanks for that Kirsty, I thought I'd destroyed all copies, look like bloody Harpo Marx :yes:

Remember it well, great times, the 90s went by so fast :shades:

Apologies for going off thread with this one Mel.

Derek.

Social source share

:shades: Everytime I spin Eddie Carltons 'it shall be done' on Swan Records then a personal BIG BIG FAVE of mine Lorenzo Manleys 'swoop down on ya' on Original Sound Records it never ceases to amaze me just how similar the intro's are and the various soundings in the back-ups on each 45.

Any thoughts at all :huh:

Certainly heard Lorenzo Manley at the Mecca but it's origins may have been elsewhere.

I was always intrigued by the title and artist's name which as a 16 yr old seemed somehow very exotic! Many unusually named artists and titles have come and gone since but I definitely remember this one with affection. Not heard the other track but will listen to the soundclip if available.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!