Honey Love, Terrell & Dahrouge

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

Trawling through a box of records. Pulled out 2 not heard in a long time. I dont think I have ever heard these played out anywhere.

Honey Love and the lovenotes - We Belong Together - Cameo 380

Terrell and Dahrouge - Baby Now there's two of you - Metromedia 126 W/D

Cantsee them in Johns guide. Any ideas on these two.

I do know I picked up Honey Love for 8p, and T&D for £1.50

I wishI knew who had the record for sale at 8p. I guess it was a car boot, and I bought it for the label....

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

mikey..

i used to play t&d in the late 70s..

nice tune..

will have to put it back in my playbox..

i think its largely forgotten now..

bless

jc

the messiah of northern soul

Social source share

Ray Dahrouge and Billy Terrell are both still around. One of them just did a CD with Lenny Welch. I interviewed them for the GWP CD and they were informative and pleased their music lives on.

Yes Ady, Ray Dahrouge is a real talent, always loved his version of "Lifetime Guarantee of Love" on Lifesong ... he is a white guy isn't he ? Cheers

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Yeah, both white New Joisy guys if I remember correctly. They can sing OK but their songs and productions on Debbie Taylor, The Persians etc are the most interesting to me and they are on the "GWP, NYC, TCB" Kent CD.

Eighties boogie boy steps in with Billy Terrell production Night Bandit "Like a thief in the night" from 1982 on Cherry Hill 12", absolute classic, though probably not on this site. One of you old gits must have it, own up. Other Billy Terrell productions from the 80's will cause mayhem on here so best left unmentioned, way too electronic, best of the rest Lavance "No more writing on the wall", synth-tastic.

In an attempt to revert to normality heres one from 1973 for you, with Bert Keyes, George Kerr, Ray Dahrouge and Billy Terrell, The Whatnauts "I wasnt there", and "Give him up", excellent GSF double sider. Thought I'd manage to squeeze one in after all.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!