Len Jewell - Betting On Love - same backing track as

caseoftyme

16 minutes ago, Chris L said:

There some blue coloured original labels guess rarer than the green ?

I see the blue ones;569f54504deee_Capturedcran2016-01-2010.1

The label does match the "big typo" green original ones. But there's at least 2 pressing plants presses; one with large typos and another with smaller ones like so; 

569f54f0cb201_Capturedcran2016-01-2010.2

But the run out grooves seem too large on this blue variation (typical of boots). And so they don't seem right to me; 

569f5492b5235_Capturedcran2016-01-2010.2569f54bb77461_Capturedcran2016-01-2010.2

I don't have one in hand to check, but are the blue ones 'Nashville' stamped ? All those blue ones sold on the buy surfaced from the UK !?...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

20 minutes ago, Dayo said:

Do the originals sound as horrible as the boot did?  

No, the boot is just bad. The original volume is low. They mastering work is not the best they have done. Just as is the vinyl quality they used for those Gemini pressings. So you have to push the volume up to get some juice and you get the sound of the stylus friction on the rough vinyl with it... kinda "lo-fi" sound to it. The boot is that plus bad !

Social source share

21 minutes ago, Dayo said:

Do the originals sound as horrible as the boot did?  

Mine is a green one with the Nashville stamp and the sound quality isn't great. I thought it was just my copy, but others have also mentioned it.

Also, I've never seen any copies with the spelling "TOO". I'd be interested to see a scan. 

I've had a look on the John Manship site and he has a blue copy for sale marked "repro" (reproduction) and a green original.

Social source share

24 minutes ago, bo diddley said:

Mine is a green one with the Nashville stamp and the sound quality isn't great. I thought it was just my copy, but others have also mentioned it.

Also, I've never seen any copies with the spelling "TOO". I'd be interested to see a scan. 

I've had a look on the John Manship site and he has a blue copy for sale marked "repro" (reproduction) and a green original.

Well, it is odd indeed. I can't find traces of it on the net. I've had that 'TOO much' copy for few years, it was my first copy. Once I got an original I got rid of it. It was green and not blue...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Dayo said:

Is it the same guy who is credited on Cigarette Ashes?  That's L.A. through and through, but Gemini was a Cleveland label wasn't it?

Ignore me.  My mate just reminded me that Jimmy Conwell was lead singer with the Exits and the Tripps.  Obvious Gemini connections.  Well, I say reminded me but that's an exaggeration.  I actually never knew.  

Edited by Dayo
Social source share

• 4 years later...
On 18/01/2016 at 21:50, caseoftyme said:

Help....  Somebody reminded me of Len Jewell - Betting On Love....  and what a great track it is...  but I'm convinced something else uses the same backing track...driving me mad or I am already mad....

Jimmy Conwell - Too Much

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!