Four New Minters (Frank Dell, Irene & Scotts) +++

Guest Classic45s

Guest Classic45s
This week, we added some new 45s to our Louise Neal 45 Soul Auctions page, which features eye-popping, previously unplayed promo treasures from the Louise Neal Soul 45 collection. See the Auctions page for photos.  Three of these beauties are ending on December 26 - Boxing Day!

If you are interested in bidding, please visit the Louise Neal 45 Soul Auctions page for images and an explanation of the auction process.  

45s with active bidding and associated close dates:

• Irene and The Scotts, Smash 2138 (promo), 1967.
         "I'm Stuck On My Baby / Why Do You Treat Me Like You Do"
         Condition: M 
    (M|M|M) Talk about a lost 45! This single's "Plug Side" ("Stuck") is pure dynamite, but the Northern Soul dancer on the B side is to die for. As far as I can determine this is the only single this singer pressed, and it's one you gotta have! This new, unplayed promo copy comes in a crisp Smash Records factory sleeve. It has no notable flaws, grading Mint across the board (Labels, Vinyl (styrene), Audio).
         High Bid $175 | Auction Closing 1/26 at 7:00 pm eastern US
  • Other 45s still available for opening bids:
  • Dean Barlow, Lescay 3004 (promo), 1961.
         "Third Window From The Right / Baby Doll"
         Condition: M- 
    (M-(x)|M-(sw)|M) The A side, an early Burt Bacharach songwriting credit, is a terrific Northern Soul dancer in the emerging Motown style. Some collectors may label this sound "Popcorn." This new, unplayed promo copy has two "x" marks on the A label. The vinyl looks untouched but grades Near Mint to reflect a very mild, no-impact warp. Fortunately, after a cleaning the grooves preserve pristine Mint audio — gorgeous!
         Minimum Bid: $250
  • Frank Dell, Valise 6901, 1967.
         "Baby You've Got It / Need"
    (M-|M|M) The A side will definitely make you want to start dancing... No joke! Great recording, one of only a handful by this artist. This new, unplayed stock copy would grade Mint overall, but the labels have a touch of storage wear. The vinyl and audio are like new.
         Minimum Bid: $75
  • Kittens, Chess 2027 (promo), 1967.
         "Ain't No More Room / Hey Operator"
    (M-|M|M) Here's another single that simply floors me, with two great sides perfect for Northern Soul dance clubs. Pinch me... I'm in love! I do think "Room" grabs me slightly more than "Operator," but hey, any time I get two great songs on one 45 I make time to celebrate. :-) This new, unplayed promo copy comes in a crisp Chess/Checker/Cadet factory sleeve, and you also get an original Chess shipping package from the Neal collection. This beautiful copy would grade Mint across the board, but the inking on the "Ain't" side is a little light, so I'm grading the Labels Near Mint. The vinyl and audio are pristine.
         Minimum Bid: $100
  • Billy Floyd, 20th Century 6678 (promo), 1967.
         "Sweeter Than Candy / One Chance"
    (M|M|M) This terrific rarity offers two fine Northern Soul dancers, with a particular nod to "Sweeter." This new, unplayed promo 45 has no notable flaws, grading pristine Mint in all respects (Labels, Vinyl, Audio). It comes in a crisp 20th Century Fox Records factory sleeve.
         Minimum Bid $120
  • Delores Hill, Companion 105 (promo), 1961.
         "What He Used To Tell Me / True Confession"
    (M-(x)|M|M) This obscure Soul single features two great tracks, with Northern Soul fans giving their nod to "What He Used To Tell Me" in particular. This new, unplayed promo 45 would grade pristine Mint across the board, but the "True Confession" label has a small red checkmark on it; the vinyl and audio look and sound brand new.
         Minimum Bid: $90

_______

Louise Neal was a black female disk jockey from North Carolina who had a 3-hour Soul/RnB/Blues show from the late 1950s through the mid-1960s. During that time, she collected thousands of (mostly) promo 45s at her home from the many record companies she was registered with for receiving promotional material--ABC, Atlantic/Atco, Chess/Checker/Cadet, Decca, Brunswick, Shout, Stax/Volt, Fame, Imperial, Jubilee, Okeh, Sue, Philles, SureFine, Vee-Jay, Kent, Duke, Bell, Paula/Ronn, Rojac, Peacock, Motown (all labels), Veep, Capitol, Modern, Dial, Jamie and many others. A large number of these precious 45s accumulated unopened in their original shipping packages after Neal left the business and moved to New York in 1967. (Also during 1963-65, when Neal had earlier left town.) Most are highly collectable and extremely rare Northern Soul singles with book Louise Nealvalues ranging well above $100... a few above $1,000! Many are pristine--unplayed and with a bare minimum of storage wear. Others may exhibit very light storage wear and/or an "x" marked on the label. A good many come in their original factory sleeve, some of which are rare and valuable on their own these days.

The collection also contains rarities and classics of interest to fans of RnB, Blues, Girl Groups, Doo Wop, and various other genres of Rock.

Louise Neal collection: Shipping packages for the promo 45sWe began selling records from the Louise Neal collection in June 2015, and it will take years for us to get through everything. To see what's for sale, what's already sold, and what's coming up, visit the Louise Neal Collection page on Classic 45s (https://www.classic45s.com/). We continue to add more details about the collection as time permits. This page shows all the Louise Neal 45s we've added to date (some have sold).

Edited 4 January by Classic45s

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Classic45s

The following auctions close on January 26 at 7 pm eastern US/midnight UK: 

Irene and the Scotts $190 US

Frank Dell $200 US

Kittens $100 US