Ian Levine Soul Pack's

niknak

7 minutes ago, Pete S said:

He offered him 300 60's only titles from the next batch which were refused, every offer he made was refused.

Except the offer of a refund ... Which I guess would have sufficed.

I know it's a soul pack, I know it's pot luck....but Ian hoped to sell lots of these packs, so you'd do your best keep your customers happy...that way they will return ....as will more....simple business logic.

PS I know they were only £1 each but the same applies whatever the cost.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The trouble with offering part refunds on a pack is that people could go through it  , take out the ones the like , can sell on or are worth more than say £10 and complain about the rest . Its a lucky dip you get some worth more than you paid , others less , some you like others you dont.

With a mixed pack there will be all sorts of genres , one mans rubbish is anothers type of tune

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Mace said:

Except the offer of a refund ... Which I guess would have sufficed.

I know it's a soul pack, I know it's pot luck....but Ian hoped to sell lots of these packs, so you'd do your best keep your customers happy...that way they will return ....as will more....simple business logic.

PS I know they were only £1 each but the same applies whatever the cost.

Cant really see him selling many more after this mess. He could end up with a shed load of records he cant do anything with its been a eye opener. will any promoters even want to employ him to dj any more its left a sour taste in a hell off a lot of peoples mouths in my opinion     

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I would have thought that the next few soul packs that are sold would contain a lot of good stuff as Ian would have to make them value for money to try and get future orders and show that some people are happy with them , If the next buyers thought they were poor then it would put an end to others wanting to buy

Social source share

35 minutes ago, davidwapples said:

It has been said that you were offered 300 different 60s records for the damaged ones from the next incoming shipment to replace the ones that would not play properly that are usually sold for £3 not the £1 plus you were given 50 records and the set of bootlegs so that is 64 records on top of what you paid for.

You could have not said anything and sold the bootlegs online to cover a large percentage of your outlay if you were not happy , If you paid via paypal you could have contacted them to see about getting your money back.

I will happily take the 14 new records from you in exchange for 14 others , all originals and not ones from my soul pack and will not sell them on or play them out djing , then you wont have to look at them

So are you advising him to sell the bootlegs online to get some money back, and some other poor sod can pay well over the top for a bootleg ?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 minute ago, sheldonsoul said:

So are you advising him to sell the bootlegs online to get some money back, and some other poor sod can pay well over the top for a bootleg ?

Who decides what is way over the top?  When someone offered me £200 for my Yum Yums lookalike I thought he was mad but I didn't say no.  Should I have said, no it's ok, just give me £10

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Just now, sheldonsoul said:

He has just been offered £50 each for records that he got for free by Pete who already has a set of them , if people are prepared to pay for them then there is a market , he could get back most of his original stake and have the records  from the pack as well or be £1000 out of pocket and keep the boots he wont play

Social source share

1 minute ago, Pete S said:

Who decides what is way over the top?  When someone offered me £200 for my Yum Yums lookalike I thought he was mad but I didn't say no.  Should I have said, no it's ok, just give me £10

No Pete I'm saying if he were to put them on eBay at a£100 each then that's deliberately ripping someone off, but if you start it off at £5.00 and it were to get it bid up to £100 the that's down to the buyer being naive 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, niknak said:

That hardle excuses cheating people. I can't keep my word to what accounts to fraud. Should i have kept quite & let people get fooled & ripped off?

Ian sold a pack for £1K and you get 1K records, earlier in the thread you confirm you received more than £1K worth of records. You then receive a bonus of several other special records and bitch about the treatment you received, if you paid via paypal or credit card you could have packed them all up and returned to sender getting a full refund but you didn't.   

Because of your approach on this site I would be surprised if anyone on the site would sell a record to you for fear that you getting the megaphone out again should it fail to satisfy you.  

Why don't you take the shagged out records have em melted down and repressed as Salvadors then you can boast you have 300 Salvadors on OVOR, not original 1st press but they would all be original vinyl only recycled.  

Social source share

13 minutes ago, davidwapples said:

He has just been offered £50 each for records that he got for free by Pete who already has a set of them , if people are prepared to pay for them then there is a market , he could get back most of his original stake and have the records  from the pack as well or be £1000 out of pocket and keep the boots he wont play

Why would Pete be prepared to fork out £700 when he already has a set ?

Social source share

11 minutes ago, davidwapples said:

Probably because he is a record dealer , I am sure that people will buy these , probabaly not the upright non boot playing members on here but others elsewhere.

Do you really think Pete would offer £700 just to have a back up set. There are a few of the records in there  would purchase to play at home

Well it sounds like someone is desperate to get them  lol

Edited by sheldonsoul
Social source share

29 minutes ago, sheldonsoul said:

No Pete I'm saying if he were to put them on eBay at a£100 each then that's deliberately ripping someone off, but if you start it off at £5.00 and it were to get it bid up to £100 the that's down to the buyer being naive 

I said exactly the same thing and was accused on condoning theft. Yes, apparently that is theft.

Social source share

1 hour ago, davidwapples said:

The trouble with offering part refunds on a pack is that people could go through it  , take out the ones the like , can sell on or are worth more than say £10 and complain about the rest . Its a lucky dip you get some worth more than you paid , others less , some you like others you dont.

With a mixed pack there will be all sorts of genres , one mans rubbish is anothers type of tune

And a complete  refund would be unmanageable. The same thing would happen but who would cover postage costs?  The seller could end up massively out of pocket as some chanced for a better deal..

Social source share

41 minutes ago, sheldonsoul said:

They were never going to be sold on ebay though.  I told everyone this right at the very start.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Pete S said:

He offered him 300 60's only titles from the next batch which were refused, every offer he made was refused.

So the pack that cost you £1000 contains

300 £3 records £900 if you took the swap deal

14 look a likes could be sold at £50 each= £700

50 free records =£50

700 records at £1 = £700

That is not a bad deal in my eyes nearly 2 and a half times what you paid in total

Social source share

5 minutes ago, fishcake said:

Now Nicholas Clarke single handedly ruined all that for me. I hope he can sleep at night after breaking all his promises both verbal and in writing

Quote from Ian Levine above

What about Geoff Swallows involvement ?,apparently trying to sell one of the Magnetics boots as a Original.

Did IL criticise him or unfriend ? No

Surely he betrayed him aswell.

They certainly had harsh words about it but not all dirty washing is done in public

Social source share

1 hour ago, Pete S said:

That's  a deal that anyone with any sense would readily accept. You don't need a psychology 'o' level to expect that the 300 coming will probably be better than "average".   

Social source share

28 minutes ago, guest said:

If you were being cynical you might think it was a round about way of getting the boots back and giving NicNak a refund on behalf of someone else . Only saying like :D

Now come on you're being silly now.  If he hates these things so much, I'll buy them off him.  Then I'll do whatever I like with them.

19 minutes ago, sheldonsoul said:

Well it sounds like someone is desperate to get them  lol

Behave yourself.  I'm seeing if he has any principals left.  I don't want his f*cking records, just wanted to see if money talks.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, sheldonsoul said:

I think an awful lot of people would give an online review about a bad product proberbly you included because I know I would, you seem determined to fight tooth and nail to protect mr Levines corner from all angles, why I don't know ?

Because I don't think he's done anything wrong that's why, and I'd do the same for you or anyone else.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, davidwapples said:

Damn you and your high bid lol , I will have to get carvers cut now of the ones i want ;) but at least i can go on facebook  for good pictures of the labels to go on them ( joke :P )

That's a good point though.  Out of those 20 titles, how many would have bought any of them?  There are some bizarre selections, I'd never heard of some of them.  

Social source share

can we drop the one liners, and humorous comments/suggestions please

it just makes things that bit harder to moderate and can get in the way of discussion 

thanks

on lost posts...

looking at adding the some of the missing posts later tonite

as there are two main subjects being discussed here once posts added will then look at splitting this thread into two for ease of discussion and moderation

again ask that if wish to comment on my words aboveor any other moderation then please use the thread in the feedback forum 

eg this thread

thanks

Social source share

24 minutes ago, guest said:

But for all you know Niknak could be taking the matter further and by accepting your offer would put him in a willing participant position ie. he would have accepted money for counterfeit 45's as a deal and be well and truly tucked up . Not such a big deal under normal circumstances [depending on your bootleg stance] but in relation to this episode - caution required .

Not if Pete was buying the sleeves, and the records were free !

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest MBarrett

We need to bring a bit of democracy into this.

I think niknak should set up a poll - "Niknak - Hero or Villain"

I think I know which way the votes would go but why not let the people decide. :)

Social source share

4 minutes ago, Pete S said:

If you think I'm giving mine away you would be thinking wrong

Good comedy writes itself

...says the writer and actor of the best comedy of recent days ;)

5 minutes ago, Pete S said:

If you think I'm giving mine away you would be thinking wrong

Good comedy writes itself

...says the writer and actor of the best comedy of recent days ;)

Social source share

Guest MBarrett
12 minutes ago, Marc Forrest said:

...let me help u out on that one, think its called "whistleblower" 

The world needs more whistleblowers. Fact.

Social source share

all getting a bit messy and all over the place now so gonna split this thread shortly (again)

leave this for discussion on the actual soul pack sales dispute

and split related  "current bootleg trading" discussion into its own

57 minutes ago, mike said:

all getting a bit messy and all over the place now so gonna split this thread shortly (again)

leave this for discussion on the actual soul pack sales dispute

and split related  "current bootleg trading" discussion into its own

now split

as this thread is now mainly discussing a sales dispute between two people will close this thread in approx 24 hours

this new thread can now be used for discussing  further  the current bootlegging trading discussion

Social source share

As a consumer, and somebody who is constantly buying records of all types of Soul my ears pricked up when Ian announced these packs with shipments coming in from Detroit and Memphis. I am therefore interested in how these packs stack up against the "Anglo American" ones, I started to listen to the podcast to get a feel for them, but if you left out Ian's productions there seemed to be a lot of duplication of records I have previously had off TB in the past. Admittedly I haven't heard the podcast in entirety yet, so if someone with more time than I have has made a list of all tracks included, as I would be interested to see a sample list of contents of an Anglo £100 pack against the contents of one of Ian's to see if the contents vary enough to warrant "jumping ship" and buying one of Ian's as opposed to one of Tim's? As a consumer with an open mind, I don't think this is a contentious question?

Des

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, SOUL INC said:

As a consumer, and somebody who is constantly buying records of all types of Soul my ears pricked up when Ian announced these packs with shipments coming in from Detroit and Memphis. I am therefore interested in how these packs stack up against the "Anglo American" ones, I started to listen to the podcast to get a feel for them, but if you left out Ian's productions there seemed to be a lot of duplication of records I have previously had off TB in the past. Admittedly I haven't heard the podcast in entirety yet, so if someone with more time than I have has made a list of all tracks included, as I would be interested to see a sample list of contents of an Anglo £100 pack against the contents of one of Ian's to see if the contents vary enough to warrant "jumping ship" and buying one of Ian's as opposed to one of Tim's? As a consumer with an open mind, I don't think this is a contentious question?

Des

There is a seperate thread about Anglos connoisseur soul packs going tho, unsurprisingly, not as lenghthy as this. Not by a long chalk.

Social source share

Was asked to post this from Ian Levine - DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!

Please reproduce this from me in the soul pack thread

The guy who had the soul pack didn't tell anybody that....

A -when he said he had 300 records that wouldn't play I gladly offered to swap them for an even amount of others.

B - I offered him a further 300 from the next shipment of all 60s Northern

C - I had given him eighty free records in case any were cracked

D - Plus of course I gave him those lookalikes, all of which had cost me fifty quid each in hard cash.

He refused to be reasonable. Fearing for my stress after a stroke, I tried everything to pacify him.

But he assured me in writing, on a Facebook message, that that would be an end of it, he would say no more and we were quits.

The guy is a barefaced liar who has forever ruined my life and now has made me hate the soul scene.

Social source share