Legal Action Threats Against Members

Mike

yet again have more members coming under threats of legal actions for their posts on soul source

in its time, this site has had many such threats and usually has dealt with them as they deserved

however does seem that others are now following kev roberts attempts to threaten soul source members via legal action and are now doing the same , ie threating the actual members rather than the site

as there is a laid down procedure on here if anyone has any complaints or problems with any post on here, have to say do treat such threats as serious espically when by non-members

and while the actual threats may be laughable, will offer the sites full support, backing and advice to anyone who is faced with this underhand way of trying to influence just what is posted on here

Social source share

• Replies 40
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

yet again have more members coming under threats of legal actions for their posts on soul source

in its time, this site has had many such threats and usually has dealt with them as they deserved

however does seem that others are now following kev roberts attempts to threaten soul source members via legal action and are now doing the same , ie threating the actual members rather than the site

as there is a laid down procedure on here if anyone has any complaints or problems with any post on here, have to say do treat such threats as serious espically when by non-members

and while the actual threats may be laughable, will offer the sites full support, backing and advice to anyone who is faced with this underhand way of trying to influence just what is posted on here

About what Mike ..any clues

Bazza

Social source share

Nothing to do with above situation......

but i've been told have breached copywrite laws for a thread i started a week ago :thumbsup: Wish some people would wise up, wanna start throwing legal sh*te around i'll see you in court, end off...........usually in most of the circumstances seen on here, its the one throwing the threats around who is more liable than anything.....All in my own opinion of course not a site view :thumbsup:

Social source share

my post was not aimed at your most recent spat with PG, just attempting to add some light hearted humour to what is childish behaviour by those that become embroiled in it...

sorry :thumbsup:

Social source share

as there is a laid down procedure on here if anyone has any complaints or problems with any post on here, have to say do treat such threats as serious especially when by non-members

Threatening legal action in the hope to prevent people from being truthful/warning others or just stating facts in posts etc is a coward's way of dealing with things. :thumbsup:

Should be man enough in my opinion to face up to the truth and consequences of their actions. Good to hear the site will offer it's full support n backing etc to anyone of us faced with this situation. :thumbsup:

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

some dickheads in midlands whining about a thread their gobby wife started up

=============

it does appear that sometimes on SS, people want to make a statement rather than have a discussion/debate. When they're taken to task, it becomes 'its my ball time...'

Sad that such people don't have the courage of their original convictions, when it comes to fighting their corner and resort to threats.

Winnie:-)

Social source share

Yet another nail in the coffin in the scene I once loved and that is now fast becoming a f***ing joke full of assholes that implement this sort of crap. No wonder its dying. Sad sad day.

================

Agree with you Neil, yet another example of the scene fragmenting through politics. In the past seen lots of posts blaming the media for the downfall of the scene, but think its more of an implosion caused by the 'greedy' and the jealous, hitting the self destruct buttons from within.

Still, "Like a phoenix from the flames.........."

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Wrong time of month Neil?

Well done Mike for giving your support, it's a sentiment I'm sure most would agree with on here. I think Stuart's a Perry Mason type figure if anything ever got to court.

More like Rumpole on an off day I'm afraid.

Social source share

Glad to see that the site is giving it's support & backing yet again.

Not that they should have to, it just shouldnt happen in the first place, but sadly it does, as I know only too well.

Kirstyx

Social source share

I would love to be a fly on the wall of a solicitor when this type of person went in and was asked .

'' Well Mr Suchandsuch what is the name of the person who has spread these allogations''

''Well it was nicnacpaddywack of off Soul-source''

''And do you know his real name''

''Wwwwwell ''

''Can you prove it''

''No''

''Thanks for your £200 now fcuk off ''

Social source share

I would love to be a fly on the wall of a solicitor when this type of person went in and was asked .

'' Well Mr Suchandsuch what is the name of the person who has spread these allogations''

''Well it was nicnacpaddywack of off Soul-source''

''And do you know his real name''

''Wwwwwell ''

''Can you prove it''

''No''

''Thanks for your £200 now fcuk off ''

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

QoFxx

Social source share

Glad to see that the site is giving it's support & backing yet again.

Not that they should have to, it just shouldnt happen in the first place, but sadly it does, as I know only too well.

Kirstyx

Ere, ere Kirsty (in other words...ditto)

Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it :thumbsup: ) I don't know what this is all about so can't comment but it's such a shame that people have to go off on one. What happened to freedom of speech in this (sorry to say) declining democratic country of ours, we've all got our own opinions and we're not all going to agree on things ... that's life.

Why can't people just chill - or in some cases - GROW UP :thumbsup:

Social source share

Has it come to the day where an opinion or view or even a tounge in cheek remark is going to end you up in court because some prick or pricket dont like to hear anything but there own biased view if so and that is the case i think i will keep my own thoughts to myself from now on and not give some jumped up arsehole the chance to sue me, go on and try its a free country and do i give a shit `no`.

by the way nothing or no one will stop me loving my northern soul.

can i have my ball back now please. :thumbsup:

Social source share

can we ask what trhe offending post is so can read :thumbsup:

again reiterate what others say, happy the site giving full support.

I may be wrong here, but i would hazard a guess at it being something to do with the Junction 11 argument ?

& talking of free speech, what chance have we got ? Even on here we have "Minimike" Shane cancelling everything he dosen't quite like !! :thumbsup:

Still i suppose he dosen't threaten to take us to court :D

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

can we ask what trhe offending post is so can read :thumbsup:

again reiterate what others say, happy the site giving full support.

Like Chalky I'd love to know what this is about?

If posting an answer just complicates things could someone PM an explaination of what the fecks going on!!!

Appreciate it's nothing to do with me but if we don't know could end up putting the proverbial foot in it! Whatever 'it' is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

some dickheads in midlands whining about a thread their gobby wife started up

hijacking scumbags off a venue seems to spring to mind. Events forum

Its a shame it gets like this. :thumbsup:

Thought this site was about opinions and having a lively debate about the things you care about without ending up in a legal fight.

Social source share

& talking of free speech, what chance have we got ? Even on here we have "Minimike" Shane cancelling everything he dosen't quite like !! :D

Still i suppose he dosen't threaten to take us to court :D

Damn straight! See you know he's a good egg. :D Loved the anniversary single thread btw mate. Hats off for still coming up with interesting topics. :thumbsup: Mine drop like stones. :thumbsup:

Talking of anniversary single. I'm so bloody glad I went to that nighter and it was such a good night, enjoyed by everybody. Otherwise one might think that scene was at all time low :- Dudes selling collections in sales due to things drying up, people at each others throats etc etc ....

KEEPS ON FACKIN BURNIN' !! :D

Social source share

I may be wrong here, but i would hazard a guess at it being something to do with the Junction 11 argument ?

& talking of free speech, what chance have we got ? Even on here we have "Minimike" Shane cancelling everything he dosen't quite like !! :thumbsup:

Still i suppose he dosen't threaten to take us to court :thumbsup:

oh dear b-side-b / gabriel has got his nasty head on. I wonder what the crow-master will say when he finds out :D

worzel.jpg(post-941-1159388610.jpg

Social source share

I could engage you in a battle of wits, but i've decided it would be unfair of me to attack an unarmed man.

Yeh, know what you mean Pikey :thumbsup: i battle with my conscience every time we talk.

Anyway let's stop, it is a serious thread as Shane said.

& that is not meant in any sarcastic way. He was right ! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Just wondering, if someone knowingly puts something up on a public forum for debate, how can they take people to court if they recieve an reply they don't like. Would it not be deemed that they initiated the argument?

No mate, the defence of "but he started it" is not available! the law exists to stop people telling lies about other people. Of course, then some people will start to use it to deal with people actually telling the truth, which is the risk to free speech and so the law has to be carefully administered, and often isn't. As for what gets put on here, I'm sure the old common law judges would have sooner burned people for witchcraft than contemplate internet posted libel!

Social source share

Yet another nail in the coffin in the scene I once loved and that is now fast becoming a f***ing joke full of assholes that implement this sort of crap. No wonder its dying. Sad sad day.

Loads of "good eggs" on the scene "O", and there has always been a minority of rabble rousers - even back in the 70's it was quite nasty at times. Don't lose the faith m8, cherish it. See you in December by which time I am hoping you will have improved your spelling of my name :wicked::wicked:

Social source share

You know me Steve, I'm the Victor Meldrew of Northern Soul at the moment!!!! Ady, its not a time of the month thing, more like a bleeding year!!!!! I still love the music as much as I have always done it's just that the scene seems to be imploding on itself with pointless arguments like this cropping up frequently. The old days we did have some nasty moments, Wirrena bomb scare for one, but they were few and far between.

On the December issue, should have a confirmation this week, waiting for the hall to get back to us and then we are away!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

well one day who is to say that what we all type here is removed or we just don't say anything in case someone does not like it and wants to take us to court. What happend to freedom of speech.

i might not like what some people say but i don't go and sue them

Social source share

Look at my post in freebasing..I have found the way to talk things through between folk.. all aboard the love toilet..Check it out... :( ..I hope this don't mean i will get anything dropping on my mat :D

I hope you dont get anything from the love toilet dropping on your mat Steve :D:(

Social source share

junction 11 argument?

sounds most ominous...

the council for the prosecution:

it is alleged that mr. scraptoft-gutbucket proffered grave insults, implying that knutsford services were in fact eminently superior to those of sandbach, given the fact that the tea served there was never, I quote, stewed.

the council for the defence:

my client wishes it to be known that on several occasions mr. risby-claptrap indulged in what can only be referred to as harmless verbal jousting, something quite normal in these circles mi'lord, and hardly a justifiable cause for the ugly fracas that ensued.

the presiding judge: lord hamish mckinlay-farquarson of that ilk QC:

in the light of the evidence given here today, I must conclude that disputes of this nature be settled out of court, and in the time honoured fashion. unfortunately, the world in which we live today is plagued by such petty litigation, brought about by unprincipled individuals whose only purpose is that of self agrandisement and the doubtless need to feed their wholly uncontrollable and insatiable egos.

I therefore declare this case closed and order the council of the prosecution to pay all apertaining costs.

The court is dismissed.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!