Selling Up-possibly Last List

Keithw

due to very tough trading conditions,i will be closing down Soul Searcher Records

or at the very least going part -time

if you want to put in offers for stuff on my website,please feel free

i can take a credit card if that helps

keith@soulsearcherrecords.co.uk

website addy

www.soulsearcherrecords.co.uk

any goldmine CDs will take 5-00 each

Millionaires--10-00 each

KENT-6-00 each

this is not a sales ploy

thanks for your support

keith williams

Edited by keithw
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sad news Keith.

Unfortunately I think this may be a sign of the times.

Whilst in the U.S., every record shop I visited there had a copy of that lovely Mr Manships price guide and were consulting it religiously.

I was fortunate in the fact that most of the stuff that I'm searching for isn't in the guide, but still think that a lot of the dealers heard my accent and added 50% onto the price just in case they thought I might be lifting their legs.

An even glummer-than-usual Henry Atkinson was seen wandering round a massive record fair with scant pickings.

Maybe Mr Manships aim was to price other dealers out of the market with his guides?

If so he's done a sterling job - but maybe he's killed the goose that laid the golden egg?

Social source share

due to very tough trading conditions,i will be closing down Soul Searcher Records

or at the very least going part -time

if you want to put in offers for stuff on my website,please feel free

i can take a credit card if that helps

website addy

any goldmine CDs will take 5-00 each

Millionaires--10-00 each

KENT-6-00 each

this is not a sales ploy

thanks for your support

keith williams

SORRY TO HEAR OF THIS KEITH WOODY

Social source share

Keith I'm sorry to hear this too. I've been saying it's dying on it's feet for a good year now but I was told that this was just a sales ploy by me! My theory is that most of the returnees from a decade ago have had their fun and are now going back to where they came from, this is why the amount of CD releases from the likes of Goldmine have turned from a river to a tiny trickle.

I was just going to suggest something to you, if you do this already then I apologise, but have you thought about opening an ebay shop? You can do a few hundred on their a month with the right goods and the right prices.

I also worry about whats happening but there's no way I'm going back to working for someone other than myself so I'm going to have to come up with some brilliant idea :thumbsup:

Social source share

I also worry about whats happening but there's no way I'm going back to working for someone other than myself so I'm going to have to come up with some brilliant idea :thumbsup:

BRILLIANT IDEA NUMBER 1. Have your website translated into Japanese. They've got loads of dough, buy tasty Soul records and are willing to pay the going rate.

Any further 'BRILLIANT IDEAS' for web traders anyone?

Sean

Social source share

Keith I'm sorry to hear this too. I've been saying it's dying on it's feet for a good year now but I was told that this was just a sales ploy by me! My theory is that most of the returnees from a decade ago have had their fun and are now going back to where they came from, this is why the amount of CD releases from the likes of Goldmine have turned from a river to a tiny trickle.

I was just going to suggest something to you, if you do this already then I apologise, but have you thought about opening an ebay shop? You can do a few hundred on their a month with the right goods and the right prices.

=============

I ECHO PETES SENTIMENTS ENTIRELY.

im sorry to hear this too,,,known you for years keith and its a real shame..youre a top bloke and i hope things turn around for you mate..

one of the probs maybe if like me theres only certain things i need now and rarely buy blind anymore due the ££'s

your old lists were great and loved your write ups that helped my buy the records blind and was never disappointed

good luck keith

mark

Social source share

all the best keith,unfortunatly tough times,means drastic measures,but its no surprise,its was gonna happen,for instance....

j.manships set sale never moves an inch

p.smith sells good tunes at fucking cheap prices,yet they dont budge

and yourself having to call it a day.

either the moneys run out

or

northern soul is to dear

or

every collector/dj..has everything already

or

every collector/dj only wants the big ticket items

all the regular set sales lists off all the dealers dont stand a chance

conclusion....stick everything on ebay for a pound...then f*** the lot !!!!!!

Social source share

all the best keith,unfortunatly tough times,means drastic measures,but its no surprise,its was gonna happen,for instance....

j.manships set sale never moves an inch

p.smith sells good tunes at fucking cheap prices,yet they dont budge

and yourself having to call it a day.

either the moneys run out

or

northern soul is to dear

or

every collector/dj..has everything already

or

every collector/dj only wants the big ticket items

all the regular set sales lists off all the dealers dont stand a chance

conclusion....stick everything on ebay for a pound...then f*** the lot !!!!!!

Funny you should say that - I'm in the process of loading up 200 records straight onto ebay as buy it nows. No good to me stuck on the shelf! The ska and reggae stuff is still flying out though!

Social source share

Hi Keith - sorry to hear this mate.

Seems as though selling at the majority of venues is hard work at moment - free sales CDs with partial tracks sent out to your customer base may help (if you don't already do it)

You can buy, burn & post out 100 CDs 2nd class for about £40 (and get about 80 x 1 min tracks on each CD)

If your invited offers don't bring in enough revenue then advertise a whole stock half price sale - only running until you sell enough stock to sort your finances for a month then it goes back to normal prices...might keep you going a while longer and may increase interest in your site, possibly creating increased future sales..

Whatever happens, I hope it works out for you.

Regards

Mace

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Sep 27 2006, 09:50 PM) link
hi keith

sorry to hear this hope you will still be out and about, big lock and the like.

your not selling up to finance a decent player for crewe are you for when you take on the mighty reds :thumbsup: .

all the best in what you do.

see you soon

mark

will still be around,just might have to give up idea of doing it full time

as i do now

will still be D.Jing 01270-xxxxxx for bookings

BIG LOCK---will still be joint resident,and still hopefully play lotsa good stuff

we wont beat man utd---------but hopefully

score at least one to every 2 they score

ta Mark

Social source share

If your invited offers don't bring in enough revenue then advertise a whole stock half price sale - only running until you sell enough stock to sort your finances for a month then it goes back to normal prices...might keep you going a while longer and may increase interest in your site, possibly creating increased future sales..

ok this might interest a few people :thumbsup:

ALL records 40-00 and under are now half price,for next 7 days

e-mail keith@soulsearcherrecords.co.uk

when youve checked out website :thumbsup:

please quote record numbers from website in order/enquiry

Edited by keithw
Social source share

Real shame Keith, i know how hard you guys work it's a shame but everything is going pear shaped, tits up etc. at the moment on this scene it's sad, send me the details of the site email address etc. and i will give your list a mention on the show mate with pleasure, hope it helps, best of luck.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Real shame Keith, i know how hard you guys work it's a shame but everything is going pear shaped, tits up etc. at the moment on this scene it's sad, send me the details of the site email address etc. and i will give your list a mention on the show mate with pleasure, hope it helps, best of luck.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

thanks Mark,good of u

all records 40-00 or under half price for next 7 days

was a lot easier at hyde town hall

great times/loved to D.J there

Social source share

thanks Mark,good of u

all records 40-00 or under half price for next 7 days

was a lot easier at hyde town hall

great times/loved to D.J there

Will do Keith but will be next weeks show ok, Hyde Town Hall mate and that time was a different time for sure, as The Inverts said 'Time Will Change' and it has mate.... keep at it Keith you are a decent bloke.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Keith, Gutted for you mate...really am. Always dreamed of being a full time dealer myself but having dabbled part-time i know how tough it is. Only last week i was at Alentown record show and was one of a whole bunch of guys trying to hustle records, for me it was a bit of fun but for most it was the difference between making a living or not.

Give me a call mate............

Chris

Social source share

Keith, Gutted for you mate...really am. Always dreamed of being a full time dealer myself but having dabbled part-time i know how tough it is. Only last week i was at Alentown record show and was one of a whole bunch of guys trying to hustle records, for me it was a bit of fun but for most it was the difference between making a living or not.

Give me a call mate............

Chris

HI Chris

dont have your number.give me an e-mail

Social source share

Again thanks all for your support

will be @ Burslem with a box of decent tunes

also a cheap bits n bobs box 2 for 10-00 ,some stuff you might not know

at the moment ,have had some new customers,plus a few who havnt bought for a while

having a go

remember all stuff 40-00 or under half price from today for 7 days,

check website

will see how it goes this next week,and think whats best,

really like just doing this,but if punters arnt buying ...............

even if you only collect re-issues

sevens stuff 2 for 5-00

grapevine2000-- 5-00 each

Social source share

Again thanks all for your support

will be @ Burslem with a box of decent tunes

also a cheap bits n bobs box 2 for 10-00 ,some stuff you might not know

at the moment ,have had some new customers,plus a few who havnt bought for a while

having a go

remember all stuff 40-00 or under half price from today for 7 days,

check website

will see how it goes this next week,and think whats best,

really like just doing this,but if punters arnt buying ...............

even if you only collect re-issues

sevens stuff 2 for 5-00

grapevine2000-- 5-00 each

bump/too good to miss offer/7 days only---offers on dearer stuff
Social source share

HI KEITH ,YOU TOOK 1250 SINGLES OF ME IN 1997 [CAN YOUREMEMBER]AND YOU ACTED WITH DIGNITYAND INTEGRITY,MUST OF KNOWN ABOUT THE PAIN I WENT THROUGH,THE MONEY PAID FOR LAW SCHOOL MATE.I REALLY WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND ECHOE THE SENTIMENTS OF ALL THE COMMENTS SO FAR.

GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE.

BAZ A.

Social source share

HI KEITH ,YOU TOOK 1250 SINGLES OF ME IN 1997 [CAN YOUREMEMBER]AND YOU ACTED WITH DIGNITYAND INTEGRITY,MUST OF KNOWN ABOUT THE PAIN I WENT THROUGH,THE MONEY PAID FOR LAW SCHOOL MATE.I REALLY WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AND ECHOE THE SENTIMENTS OF ALL THE COMMENTS SO FAR.

GOOD LUCK FOR THE FUTURE.

BAZ A.

thanks Baz

were some brill tunes in there

you have great taste

kept a few,moses smith etc (Cotillion)

thanks for kind words

Sorry to hear abou this keith

The price guides really shafted people like yourself and ebay certainly does not help.

Good luck for the future

Steve E

thanks Steve

know youve had a bad time,thanks mate

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!