Are we really gonna let it die with us?

Len

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 22:39, Byrney said:

Absolutley two different genres - my point is about that a nostalgia DJ playing the usual 30 records off say a lap top offers zero scope for creativity - however if we took the top 30 classic house records, again off a lap top but mixed by someone like Parker it's a completely different ball game with creativity by the bucket load.

thats why I have little interest in the majority of nostalgia scene DJs - even OVO. Might as well put an iPod shuffle on :) 

the big difference ive found between the two scenes, is that the house crowd want great music, the ns crowd want great specific records. groove vs song besed genges I guess.

Social source share

On Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 18:34, geeselad said:

the big difference ive found between the two scenes, is that the house crowd want great music, the ns crowd want great specific records. groove vs song besed genges I guess.

True - and the groove and nature of house allows for more creativity. Off topic but i cant help myself :) 

What is annoying is that a certain section of the house scene are copying the nostalgia scene - going to venues to hear DJs line Jeremy Healey  ($#!@) play the records from their youth  (with minimal mixing or creativity) moaning if new stuff is played, thus a load of past name DJs from the 90s heyday popping up doing nostalgia spots. Very familiar 

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

5 hours ago, Byrney said:

True - and the groove and nature of house allows for more creativity. Off topic but i cant help myself :) 

What is annoying is that a certain section of the house scene are copying the nostalgia scene - going to venues to hear DJs line Jeremy Healey  ($#!@) play the records from their youth  (with minimal mixing or creativity) moaning if new stuff is played, thus a load of past name DJs from the 90s heyday popping up doing nostalgia spots. Very familiar 

guilty as charged, I've put, park, whitehead, mccintosh on over the last couple of year but, all their sets mixed old and new. Parky was particularly creative digging up things from 86-96 we'd either completely forgotten or never heard before.

Social source share

There's a difference right there though Geeselad - nothing wrong with a mix of old and new. In fact pm your venue and we might make a visit - Kev H wants to tag along too :)

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, little-stevie said:

As i see a new weekender in Portsmouth with a live Diana Ross tribute act and the main room at Prestatyn called the " fun factory " i would say its doing a good job at killing itself.....

Fun factory at Prestatyn.? Not if Steve and Dean are there.lol. The Portsmouth weekender is as far from what i need as you can get.

Social source share

44 minutes ago, little-stevie said:

As i see a new weekender in Portsmouth with a live Diana Ross tribute act and the main room at Prestatyn called the " fun factory " i would say its doing a good job at killing itself.....

after what its become i'd sharpen the knife for it.  

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!