Guest chick

• Replies 42
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

:no: I booked my car on the ferry today £37.50 inc 4 passengers.. (Portsmouth £1 more from southampton)

https://www.redfunnel.co.uk/ southampton

https://www.wightlink.co.uk/ Portsmouth

This is the 3rd year for the nighter on the island i'm told last years was excellant, as I missed it,I did the first one and that was good its an excellant venue.... it's a club house with chalets around it they cost £40 for the night and sleep 4.. this year there will also be 2 rooms Northern one and a Modern one ph34r.gif ...

any questions the numbers on the flyer or pm me and i'll find out for ya.. :ohmy:

also the number to book chalets is on the flyer as well :lol:

:shades: I booked my car on the ferry today £37.50 inc 4 passengers.. (Portsmouth £1 more from southampton)

https://www.redfunnel.co.uk/ southampton

https://www.wightlink.co.uk/ Portsmouth

This is the 3rd year for the nighter on the island i'm told last years was excellant, as I missed it,I did the first one and that was good its an excellant venue.... it's a club house with chalets around it they cost £40 for the night and sleep 4.. this year there will also be 2 rooms Northern one and a Modern one :D ...

any questions the numbers on the flyer or pm me and i'll find out for ya.. :D

also the number to book chalets is on the flyer as well :D

The last one was a brilliant night. Great atmosphere - and of course all the dj's play a blinder

Can't wait

I think we should bring back Moldie...

ok he is a pain in the arms.. but he did have input ito the site aswell :P

Maybe just ban him from Freebasing cause he can't really help hes self :P

ANYWAY... roll on IOW... im getting in the mood now ... playing couple of bits i bought today :lol:

Edited by mischief

:lol: hes doing the warm up in the modern room before the music 30 minutes of Moldies Non PC jokes... :lol: well it is a holiday camp...

I'm getting the 18.00 ferry so will see you there he got to set up hasn't he... you been with him when he sets up and it goes wrong... speakers get chucked about and everything :P:P

I feel bad as he can't come on and efend hes self now :yes:

See you saturday night

at the Isle Of Wight

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Guest GrooveJunkies

Drizabone - what time you meeting at Moldies?

be there at about 12.... ranting_1.gif ...we are on the 2 oclock ferry

looks like it may just be the 3 of us :shhh::D

Guest partytimegirl

Had a really good night, a bit down on numbers but the people that were there made it a good one.

Great sounds played in both rooms, was gutted the modern room closed early as all the dj's in there played some oresome tunes.

Pete played ivan matthias one of my favorite tunes, and Dolly did her debut spot and what a good one that was, she and Neil Jones doubled decked and what a sexy pair they were behind those decks.

In the main room the floor was buzzing and after a few had landed on their bottoms due to the highly polished floor it ended in Molly and Neil finishing off the night. :yes:

Edited by partytimegirl

Had a good time..................... great atmosphere.................. good venue................ top quality tunes being played by top quality djs.................. nice to see familar faces................thanks to MAS (Chilly and Garlick) ................lookin forward to the next one bigger and better!!!

Had a good time..................... great atmosphere.................. good venue................ top quality tunes being played by top quality djs.................. nice to see familar faces................thanks to MAS (Chilly and Garlick) ................lookin forward to the next one bigger and better!!!

you alright Alfie..

sorry we never said goodbye wanted to get the 3am ferry... left the do at 2.35 got there 5 minutes to spare..... 2.55... :thumbsup: scary drive :D only problem was that the next ferry was at 4 :D

such a nice venue... and the quility of music in the modern room was awesome :D

I missed most of what was played in the main room as I kept going in the modern room unless I was talking.. did have a couple of dances in the main room though... :D

don't know when i'll see you next Cardiff allnighter maybe?

Thanks again everyone

It's a shame that the numbers were low this time, but all in all it was a fantastic success. The atmosphere was buzzing all night

Excellant DJ's, playing excellant tunes ...... what more can I say :thumbsup:

Guest soul diva

Had a fantastic time - great music and plenty of laughs....... :thumbsup:

and yes Tracy - I was one of the unfortunate dancers to have fallen on their 'bottom' from the highly polished dance floor !!!

Though checking out from the accommodation the next morning was all a bit mad !!

:D

Thanks Chili for for inviting us over we had a top night :yes:

Music was 1st class in both rooms all night ,

Molly & Paul both done superb sets in the modern room :D:thumbsup:

Thanks Tracy & Molly for taking Myself & Neil across ...

How good did the blue nose DJ's look an sound... :thumbsup::yes:

Look forward to the next one

Guest partytimegirl

Dolly

Jones was good :( not sure about the other one, did not hear much of them on the mike!!

Better to have a blue nose than brown!! :(

Guest GrooveJunkies

Big thanks to Chilly and Garlick for yet another fantastic night. Real nice venue and great sounding equipment, even the chalets were of a very good standard.

After a 170 mile drive we arrived on the isle at around 4.30, we had a quick cup of tea it was over to the modern room to set up the equipment. We wanted the sound to be just right. Equipment supplied by Mouldie so a big thank you and appreciation as always...

Mischief was first up on the decks and debuting in the modern room and pulled out some real gems. I think we may have a convert here. He lurched around in the dark corners of the modern room observing the modern sounds and taking mental notes avidly. We have a modern soulie in the making- he has seen the light and the errors of his ways.

Next up was Toddy. Played some nice tunes and kept the atmosphere and floor thriving.

Mouldie was third on the decks, as expected; superb set with a few little surprises. I.E: half the tunes I was going to play. Great minds....

Dolly and Neil Jones were brilliant. They play so well off each other and compliment each record with the last.

Next- ME! WOW WHAT A SET!!! HA HA

Ralph. Commendable upfront tunes. Appreciated the variety and quality of his set.

Then, Paul Betts. Personally playing one of the best sets of the night for me. Pulled out some great tunes and had me making notes of more than a few. Soulful.

Last but not least was Molly, as expected performed to a high standard.

Everybody without exception in the modern room played blinding sets which contributed to the atmosphere and enjoyment of a brilliant night. I hope they keep the same line up for D.J's next year as everyone set the standard and raw passion for the music.

In the Northen Room, Mouldie and I decided to combine our sets double decking. Had a good response, tried to keep the atmosphere going with 100 mph stormers with a few obscurities thrown in between. The crowd were open minded and I would like to say thank you to everyone that was dancing, even though it was 3am

Well done everyone for making such a great night, anyone who did not attend missed a blinder.

i would also like to thank chilli and garlick for all the hard work that went into this event.

its always nice to be asked to dj at any event but to also be asked to supply the dj,s for one of the rooms is an added bonus.

i tried to pick a mixed bag of dj,s and i think they all did very well.

mischief and toddy really surprised me as they are not normally known for there modern stuff.big thanks to both of them

john herbert has dj,d for me at various other events and always does a sterling job without getting the recognition he deserves.

ralph jefferson doesnt get out as much as he likes due to work and family committments but he never lets me down pulling a few surprises out of his play box.

next up is paul betts known for his drinking capabilities as well as his great tunes.always captures the floor and is still my resident modern dj at lightwater next year.

dolly and neil jones...what can i say...looks and great tunes and thats just dolly :unsure:

all joking aside an impressive set

molly...well if theres a punter that dont know or has never heard one of his sets then they need to get out more...always on top of his game wether doing a modern or northern set

id like to see a few playlists from the night if poss

anyone that didnt bother to make this night really missed out

next one will be of the same high quality and hopefully will include a friday night and saturday lunchtime and all nighter

get yourselves over f you can

top class music...accommodation...and venue

oh yeah you can meet me too :lol:

hi alfie...bout time you got on here...i heard part of your set on saturday night :unsure:

only joking you filled the floor....with larfter :lol:

pop up with chilly when you get time

ill make sure im out :lol:

Though checking out from the accommodation the next morning was all a bit mad !!

:unsure:

i found this too...the woman asked if i had any laundry and i told her my mrs does all mine

she asked if i had sheets so i said no just a bad tummy :lol:

Guest soul diva

:shades:

i found this too...the woman asked if i had any laundry and i told her my mrs does all mine

she asked if i had sheets so i said no just a bad tummy :yes:

What are you like Moldie........ Bet she didn't even crack a smile at your little quirks !!

(Nice to see you back on SS - your presence has been truly missed) :shhh::D

x

:unsure::D

you alright Alfie..

sorry we never said goodbye wanted to get the 3am ferry... left the do at 2.35 got there 5 minutes to spare..... 2.55... :yes: scary drive :D only problem was that the next ferry was at 4 :lol:

such a nice venue... and the quility of music in the modern room was awesome :D

I missed most of what was played in the main room as I kept going in the modern room unless I was talking.. did have a couple of dances in the main room though... :yes:

don't know when i'll see you next Cardiff allnighter maybe?

al rite m8 glad to hear you got back across the water okwhistling.gifhopeing to go to the allniter if so see you there.until then take care.
Guest GrooveJunkies

:unsure:

she asked if i had sheets so i said no just a bad tummy :lol:

moldie

is that you or is someone playing some kind of sick joke on us all :D

good to have you back :D

i would also like to thank chilli and garlick for all the hard work that went into this event.

its always nice to be asked to dj at any event but to also be asked to supply the dj,s for one of the rooms is an added bonus.

i tried to pick a mixed bag of dj,s and i think they all did very well.

mischief and toddy really surprised me as they are not normally known for there modern stuff.big thanks to both of them

john herbert has dj,d for me at various other events and always does a sterling job without getting the recognition he deserves.

ralph jefferson doesnt get out as much as he likes due to work and family committments but he never lets me down pulling a few surprises out of his play box.

next up is paul betts known for his drinking capabilities as well as his great tunes.always captures the floor and is still my resident modern dj at lightwater next year.

dolly and neil jones...what can i say...looks and great tunes and thats just dolly :lol:

all joking aside an impressive set

molly...well if theres a punter that dont know or has never heard one of his sets then they need to get out more...always on top of his game wether doing a modern or northern set

id like to see a few playlists from the night if poss

anyone that didnt bother to make this night really missed out

next one will be of the same high quality and hopefully will include a friday night and saturday lunchtime and all nighter

get yourselves over f you can

top class music...accommodation...and venue

oh yeah you can meet me too :unsure:

Thanks much Moldie your too kind :D

We really had a top night.........

Very nice to see you back on here

xx

Edited by dollynormal1

Big thanks to Chilly and Garlick for yet another fantastic night. Real nice venue and great sounding equipment, even the chalets were of a very good standard.

After a 170 mile drive we arrived on the isle at around 4.30, we had a quick cup of tea it was over to the modern room to set up the equipment. We wanted the sound to be just right. Equipment supplied by Mouldie so a big thank you and appreciation as always...

Mischief was first up on the decks and debuting in the modern room and pulled out some real gems. I think we may have a convert here. He lurched around in the dark corners of the modern room observing the modern sounds and taking mental notes avidly. We have a modern soulie in the making- he has seen the light and the errors of his ways.

Next up was Toddy. Played some nice tunes and kept the atmosphere and floor thriving.

Mouldie was third on the decks, as expected; superb set with a few little surprises. I.E: half the tunes I was going to play. Great minds....

Dolly and Neil Jones were brilliant. They play so well off each other and compliment each record with the last.

Next- ME! WOW WHAT A SET!!! HA HA

Ralph. Commendable upfront tunes. Appreciated the variety and quality of his set.

Then, Paul Betts. Personally playing one of the best sets of the night for me. Pulled out some great tunes and had me making notes of more than a few. Soulful.

Last but not least was Molly, as expected performed to a high standard.

Everybody without exception in the modern room played blinding sets which contributed to the atmosphere and enjoyment of a brilliant night. I hope they keep the same line up for D.J's next year as everyone set the standard and raw passion for the music.

In the Northen Room, Mouldie and I decided to combine our sets double decking. Had a good response, tried to keep the atmosphere going with 100 mph stormers with a few obscurities thrown in between. The crowd were open minded and I would like to say thank you to everyone that was dancing, even though it was 3am

Well done everyone for making such a great night, anyone who did not attend missed a blinder.

Well put :unsure::lol:

a big thankyou to all the great soul sourcers who gave me their support and friendship during my absence.....its great to be back amongst mates.....ive missed you all. :unsure:

What are you like Moldie........ Bet she didn't even crack a smile at your little quirks !!

(Nice to see you back on SS - your presence has been truly missed) :D:D

x

i knew i was in for a hard time when i checked in

she asked if i wanted two sheet on my bed

i said no ill use the toilet like everyone else :lol:

see other post for a thankyou note :unsure:

In all of my 34 years, thats the 1st time I ever visited the Isle of Wight and despite only seeing bits of it at incredible speed from the back of Mollys motor, it was a really top place. The venue itself is just perfect for this type of event and great sound systems in both rooms were a real pleasure and punched out a great sound all night without a single hiccup - always a big plus in my book.

A real pleasure to spin a few in the modern room with Dolly and a nice suprise to get the chance to play out the last 45 mins in the Northern room along with the Awesome Molly - thanks for the chance to play guys - really enjoyed every minute.

Having spliced every main-brace in sight, shivered my timbers, swabbed the decks and keel-hauled a few scurvy dogs across the Solent during the ferry trip, my memory must have become a little fried but here's what I remember us playing during the course of the modern session - Only 30 minutes but hey, feel the width!!!

Modern (X-Over/70's for our bit) Room (Double decking with Dolly). Not in order and 1 or 2 probably forgotten.

Montclairs - Unwanted Love

Continental Showstoppers - Not Too Young

Richard Caiton - I Can See Love Girl In Your Eyes

Johnnie Taylor - Girl You're the Best In The World

Exportations - I Want You

Brewster Crew - I'm one who knows

Stimulation - Can you dig where I'm coming from

Frank & James - How Long Is Forever

Bloodstone - Just want To Get The Feel Of It

Eddie Billups - Shake Off That Dream

Northern Room (Molly and Me from 04:15 til we were thrown off ! LOL )

Metros - Since I Found My Baby

Funk Bros - Queen Of The Big City (????)

Derek Martin - Flashback

Delegates Of Soul - I'll Come Running Back

Gene Toones - What More Do You Want

E J Chandler - I Can't Stand To Lose You

Elbie Parker - Please Keep Away From Me

There were 2 or 3 more but they escape me at the mo. Plus of course, Mollys top drawer selections, I'm sure he'll add these at some point.

A great night, a great venue, great organisation, top quality sound systems in both rooms and one to recommend.

Thanks again to Moldie, Mike and the guys for letting me play a few. Good to meet michief, Chilly, A big hello to Paul Betts too - a great bloke whose company I really enjoyed - enjoy the Montclairs buddy!!!

ATB - Neil J

:yes::yes::D

Edited by burysoul

The venue itself is just perfect for this type of event and great sound systems in both rooms were a real pleasure and punched out a great sound all night without a single hiccup - always a big plus in my book.

i couldnt agree more..its so dissappointing to hear great sounds through a poor system

A real pleasure to spin a few in the modern room with Dolly and a nice suprise to get the chance to play out the last 45 mins in the Northern room along with the Awesome Molly - thanks for the chance to play guys - really enjoyed every minute.

it was our pleasure mr jones

here's what I remember us playing during the course of the modern session - Only 30 minutes but hey, feel the width!!!

it will be a full set for you at the next one

Modern (X-Over/70's for our bit) Room (Double decking with Dolly). Not in order and 1 or 2 probably forgotten.

Montclairs - Unwanted Love

Continental Showstoppers - Not Too Young

Richard Caiton - I Can See Love Girl In Your Eyes

Johnnie Taylor - Girl You're the Best In The World

Exportations - I Want You

Brewster Crew - I'm one who knows

Stimulation - Can you dig where I'm coming from

Frank & James - How Long Is Forever

Bloodstone - Just want To Get The Feel Of It

Eddie Billups - Shake Off That Dream

Northern Room (Molly and Me from 04:15 til we were thrown off ! LOL )

we had to throw you off or it might have become an all-dayer :yes:

Metros - Since I Found My Baby

Funk Bros - Queen Of The Big City (????)

Derek Martin - Flashback

Delegates Of Soul - I'll Come Running Back

Gene Toones - What More Do You Want

E J Chandler - I Can't Stand To Lose You

Elbie Parker - Please Keep Away From Me

There were 2 or 3 more but they escape me at the mo. Plus of course, Mollys top drawer selections, I'm sure he'll add these at some point.

im glad it was mollys top drawer and not traceys as thats where she keeps her knickers :(

A great night, a great venue, great organisation, top quality sound systems in both rooms and one to recommend.

here here

Thanks again to Moldie, Mike and the guys for letting me play a few. Good to meet john herbert,michief, Chilly,ralph.. A big hello to Paul Betts too - a great bloke whose company I really enjoyed - enjoy the Montclairs buddy!!!

ATB - Neil J

:yes::D:shades:

Ok heres mine .. In Order

Modern Room (1st on)

YOUR SONG - FOUR TOPS

MAKE MY DREAMS A REALITY - GQ

WAS THAT ALL IT WAS - JEAN CARN

GOIN' AWAY - JERRI RICHARD

LOVE IS YOU - BARRETT STRONG

TOUCHING IN THE DARK - WALTER JACKSON

ARE YOU READY FOR LOVE - JOY FLEMING

AIMING AT YOUR HEART - TEMPTATIONS

HARLEM - BILL WITHERS

I CAN'T STOP THE RAIN - DAVID RUFFIN

I'M GONNA STAY - CHARLES DRAIN

BOTTLE - MAYSA LEAK

TRIBUTE TO BETTY - DJ GENISES

Northern Room I was on 1.something sorry can't remember now.. :thumbsup:

YOU DON'T LOVE ME - EPITOME

SINCE I FOUND MY BABY - METROS

IN LOVE - TONY GALLA

OUR LOVE WILL GROW - SHOWMEN

SWEETER THAN THE DAY BEFORE - VALENTINOS

YOU'VE BEEN LEADIN ME ON - STEINWAYS

GIRL ACROSS THE STREET - MOSES SMITH

KEPT ON DANCING - DOUG BANKS

EMPORER OF MY BABYS HEART - KURT HARRIS

I CAN'T PLEASE YOU - JIMMY ROBINS

WATCHDOG - DOROTHY WILLIAMS

I'M PACKIN UP - BIG JOE TURNER

BABY I'M COMING HOME - MAC RICE

GONNA GIVE YOU ALL THE LOVE I GOT - JIMMY RUFFIN

MAN OF VALUE - TYRONE BARKLEY

BOTTLE - GIL SCOTT HERON (Needed a wee this was long enough couldn't wait any longer 5.14)

making my daydream real - we the people

:yes:

Edited by mischief

Ok heres mine .. In Order

Modern Room (1st on)

YOUR SONG - FOUR TOPS

MAKE MY DREAMS A REALITY - GQ

WAS THAT ALL IT WAS - JEAN CARN

GOIN' AWAY - JERRI RICHARD

LOVE IS YOU - BARRETT STRONG

TOUCHING IN THE DARK - WALTER JACKSON

ARE YOU READY FOR LOVE - JOY FLEMING

AIMING AT YOUR HEART - TEMPTATIONS

HARLEM - BILL WITHERS

I CAN'T STOP THE RAIN - DAVID RUFFIN

I'M GONNA STAY - CHARLES DRAIN

BOTTLE - MAYSA LEAK

TRIBUTE TO BETTY - DJ GENISES

Northern Room I was on 1.something sorry can't remember now.. :D

YOU DON'T LOVE ME - EPITOME

SINCE I FOUND MY BABY - METROS

IN LOVE - TONY GALLA

OUR LOVE WILL GROW - SHOWMEN

SWEETER THAN THE DAY BEFORE - VALENTINOS

YOU'VE BEEN LEADIN ME ON - STEINWAYS

GIRL ACROSS THE STREET - MOSES SMITH

KEPT ON DANCING - DOUG BANKS

EMPORER OF MY BABYS HEART - KURT HARRIS

I CAN'T PLEASE YOU - JIMMY ROBINS

WATCHDOG - DOROTHY WILLIAMS

I'M PACKIN UP - BIG JOE TURNER

BABY I'M COMING HOME - MAC RICE

GONNA GIVE YOU ALL THE LOVE I GOT - JIMMY RUFFIN

MAN OF VALUE - TYRONE BARKLEY

BOTTLE - GIL SCOTT HERON (Needed a wee this was long enough couldn't wait any longer 5.14)

making my daydream real - we the people

:thumbsup:

thanks for that paul

something for everyone there

Guest GrooveJunkies

ISLE OF WHITE: PLAYLIST JOHNNY H

Modern room

Cunnie Williams.............Come back to me

Kirk Franklin..................Looking for you

Ron Hall.......................The way you love me

Jesse Henderson.............I did it again

The Dells......................Don't want nobody

Lou Ragland..........Since you said you'd be mine

Lenny Williams............Look up with your mind

Tower of Power..................So very hard to go

Dynamic Superiors.......................One nighter

Joneses..............................Who loves you

Al Hudson...............................Spread love

Ernie Johnson........................Big man cry

D.C.Larue...............................Cathedrals

In the northern room double decked with Moldie:

Bobby Taylor............Oh I've been bless,d

Betty Lavette..........almost

Marvin Gaye......the love starved heart is killing me

Robert John........Raindrops Love and Sunshine

Little Carl Carlton......Competition ain't nothing

George Blackwell....Can't lose my head

Contours.............Baby hit and run

Joy Lovejoy...........In orbit

Freddie chaves.............They'll never know why

Lou Rawals...see you when I get there

Harold Melvin...........Prayin

Barbara lewis............I remember the feeling

Gene chandler........I can take care of myself

Larry Williams and Johnny guitar Watson .. Too late

ISLE OF WHITE: PLAYLIST JOHNNY H

Modern room

Cunnie Williams.............Come back to me

Kirk Franklin..................Looking for you

Ron Hall.......................The way you love me

Jesse Henderson.............I did it again

The Dells......................Don't want nobody

Lou Ragland..........Since you said you'd be mine

Lenny Williams............Look up with your mind

Tower of Power..................So very hard to go

Dynamic Superiors.......................One nighter

Joneses..............................Who loves you

Al Hudson...............................Spread love

Ernie Johnson........................Big man cry

D.C.Larue...............................Cathedrals

a real mixture there john and a few i had thought about playing myself

In the northern room double decked with Moldie:

Bobby Taylor............Oh I've been bless,d

Betty Lavette..........almost

Marvin Gaye......the love starved heart is killing me

Robert John........Raindrops Love and Sunshine

Little Carl Carlton......Competition ain't nothing

George Blackwell....Can't lose my head

Contours.............Baby hit and run

Joy Lovejoy...........In orbit

Freddie chaves.............They'll never know why

Lou Rawals...see you when I get there

Harold Melvin...........Prayin

Barbara lewis............I remember the feeling

Gene chandler........I can take care of myself

Larry Williams and Johnny guitar Watson .. Too late

this lot certainly had them going...i think we worked well together

my northern playlist to follow

moldie

well its only taken me 5 days to find the toones i played in the modern room

not really in yer face modern but mainly 70,s stuff but i think the people enjoyed them

my babys got esp..four below zero

im in love with you...bobby patterson

cashin in...voices of east harlem

fragile,handle with care...sam dees

they say the girls crazy...the invitations

independant woman...jan jones

hey girl... jimmy james

a nice girl like you...intruders

when your next to me...lovemakers

man of mine...betty wright

if you and i had never met...magic night

your eyes...ray frazier

overdose of joy...eugene record

is it true...barrett strong

not in any order just as i found them in my box

my northern list as soon as i find them

moldie

Moldie reason you can't find them could be that you had enough records wwith you to do the whole night on your own :thumbsup:laugh.gif

was that in both rooms? :wicked:

i didnt want to leave anything to chance...expect the unexpected

moldie

well ive finaly sorted my playlist for the northern room

its never easy doing both rooms as i hate duplicating tooons already played

apologies if i did

here we are in no particular order

double decking with john herbert

bobby kline...say something nice to me

tommie young...hit and run lover

estelle brown...stick close

gladys knight...no one could love you more...request