News: Deep Soul - Label Resurrected with Two New 45s

Mike

Pre-ordered mine in November, and received this week. Great, great music and hope there will be many more to come. Will they be sourced exclusively from the Ace/Kent catalogue ( Judy Clay-Its Me, please. Stax sampler album only) or will we see some tracks licensed from the independents (NowAgain have had an Eddie Finlay track on one of their comps, but didn't use his utterly heart-rending "Sad Honored Night")?

Social source share

On 5 février 2016 at 00:49, Benji said:

No too keen on Jaibi. Never really understood what's so special about that track. But 2nd release is a blast. Best tracks of both Kent Ballad CDs on one 45. Wow! Order on its way.

@Ady: Do you have the rights of Arthur Freeman - I want to come home?

Same here, never kept a copy of Jaibi but I always picked it up and before it become a "collector" item amongst the "soul" or "northern soul" front, I always sold it as a "pop" record. Which is what it always sounded to me. With all the respect due to those who, like Dave Godin who listen to it differently than me, I understand the selector's choice for it's release as the label revive with Dave G. special mention for it. ***** Ady

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!