EARL WHITE JR ON EBAY

Have I become paranoid about boots, or is it a couple of lucky ones!. The reason I say this a seller in Japan has a copy up on there which is resting on three other 45s, if you look closely the one on the bottom is also Earl White Jr. The copy I have had since the mid eightees would appear to be a slightly deeper color, sharper text, and the both letters p and b within the text are a bit more fat. I know the record comes up for sale occasionally, but what do you folks think?

Andy 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

5 minutes ago, still diggin said:

Have I become paranoid about boots, or is it a couple of lucky ones!. The reason I say this a seller in Japan has a copy up on there which is resting on three other 45s, if you look closely the one on the bottom is also Earl White Jr. The copy I have had since the mid eightees would appear to be a slightly deeper color, sharper text, and the both letters p and b within the text are a bit more fat. I know the record comes up for sale occasionally, but what do you folks think?

Andy 

Was it the geezer selling Innersection ? because it didn't look right to me , had one years ago ( Soul Pack :thumbup: ) but looked iffy to me maybe just the scan , not accusing anybody of anything here !

Paranoid Swifty :thumbsup:

Edited by SWIFTY
Social source share

3 hours ago, still diggin said:

Andy 

ebay ewj.jpg

Social source share

3 hours ago, SWIFTY said:
3 hours ago, SWIFTY said:
16 minutes ago, simon t said:
18 minutes ago, simon t said:

ebay ewj.jpg

ebay ewj.jpg

Was it the geezer selling Innersection ? because it didn't look right to me , had one years ago ( Soul Pack :thumbup: ) but looked iffy to me maybe just the scan , not accusing anybody of anything here !

I know the Central Intelligence Agency are close but not as the ones on his label

ewj orig.jpg

• Helpful 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, still diggin said:

Andy 

Ask the seller what's 'written' in the run out of the EWJ

Also, "top tips", when  scanning / photocopying a label to stick on a 'carver'

1. do it in colour

2. remember when you print it out to allow for  shrinkage.

Al alonzo Wilson.jpg

s-l1600xxxxxxxxxx.jpg

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Russ Vickers said:

Ok apologies if Im missing something here, but can we have a straight up answer as to whether these are dodgy or not....youre talking in tongues lol

Russ

Well, that Al Alonzo Wilson 45 is definitely a bootleg/carver. Just look at it, the label is totally wrong. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Sebastian said:

Well, that Al Alonzo Wilson 45 is definitely a bootleg/carver. Just look at it, the label is totally wrong. 

What do you reckon on Innersection Seb ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-innersection-Let-me-love-yuh-Rare-modern-soul-45-Double-Sider-im-debt-to-u-/321992320409?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=unxIzHIEkldVLzXwYq95Y1HON0U%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

:g:

Social source share

2 minutes ago, SWIFTY said:

Looks moody as hell too. The writer credits are across to the side too much on the boot. As well as all the other alarm bells! 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Social source share

Social source share

I'm sure there are some old threads on here relating to this seller - isn't it the same person who Darren Brown had an issue with over a copy of Mr Soul. There was something about the seller being French but has an Ebay account listed in Japan

Apologies if I'm wrong

Social source share

11 hours ago, still diggin said:

Andy 

Its not paranoia though now is it Andy? Are we going to be seeing new counterfeits on a regular basis out to clearly deceive punters? The punter who has paid $700 for Innersection for Instance... Al Wilson and earl white ain't going to be going cheap are they? I know we joke about soul police but ..... 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

10 hours ago, simon t said:

That 'scan' is fine - C 965 B1 > H, plus the 'grip' edge

To my eyes the 'ADVANCE PROMOTION COPY' doesn't seem to be on the same horizontal plane as the title and Cameo Parkway which seems a bit strange as the others I've seen + issue copies are all 'level':g:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, JulianB said:

To my eyes the 'ADVANCE PROMOTION COPY' doesn't seem to be on the same horizontal plane as the title and Cameo Parkway which seems a bit strange as the others I've seen + issue copies are all 'level':g:

That's what I was saying Julian  "looks like its on the piss" and with the confirmations on his other sales, don't think I'd want to be involved with the Chubby Checker either and as we all now know the grip rings are bootlegable too.

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Dazz said:

That's what I was saying Julian  "looks like its on the piss" and with the confirmations on his other sales, don't think I'd want to be involved with the Chubby Checker either and as we all now know the grip rings are bootlegable too.

It's strange this because the deadwax markings look OK and are the same as my issue copy but the label just doesn't look right 

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

He's got two copies of EWJ there one on the top and one on the bottom.... ?

If you read my opening post you will notice that was one of the alarm bells that rang! but well spotted Dave. So it looks as if the soul-source detective agency has detected another boot, of which we seem powerless to do anything about:huh:

Andy

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones
23 hours ago, simon t said:

ebay ewj.jpg

100% Boot……..I think the most obvious thing here is the "C" in Special and the "G" in Girl. If you look at them properly, they're both slightly larger than the rest of the letters. As stated earlier the colour is all wrong too…..

I wonder how many people have been mugged off already ?

Social source share

9 hours ago, Ivor Jones said:

100% Boot……..I think the most obvious thing here is the "C" in Special and the "G" in Girl. If you look at them properly, they're both slightly larger than the rest of the letters. As stated earlier the colour is all wrong too…..

I wonder how many people have been mugged off already ?

It's a rum business these days isn't it Ivor. I feel so sorry for the younger collectors getting ripped off with this crap by scum. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Soulskate70

I'm no expert on Soul 45's, but I've worked in typography and print production for nearly 30 years and have to say the above comments are 100% correct. Even if you take into account the tolerance of movement on a printing press no label would print with the credits hanging from the bottom. It looks to me like someone has scanned the original label, then tried to replace letters etc with a certain lack of skill. The size and kerning are way off..... Not sure if it's just the photo, but it doesn't look like it was printed on any litho or letterpress machine.....

Social source share

1 hour ago, SWIFTY said:

$700 Dollars at the moment :ohmy: somebody's gonna be a bit pissed off me thinks !!

I did report the items with detail but you know little or nothing will be done. Fingers crossed though. I really don't want to see someone mugged off for $$$$$. However knowledge is king and it is out there to avoid such calamities. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones
13 minutes ago, harrogatesoul said:

I did report the items with detail but you know little or nothing will be done. Fingers crossed though. I really don't want to see someone mugged off for $$$$$. However knowledge is king and it is out there to avoid such calamities. 

What happens if people bid on these things but then don't end up coming through with the payment? I've never done it myself but do you end up with negative feedback ? I mean if you ended up the high bidder and then refused to pay up on the grounds that it was a counterfeit item,surely you would not get penalised would you ? Obviously, if he's got multiple copies of these boots then he's gonna offer these to the next highest bidders and you cant really stop that happening I think, however, if the Auction winners kept refusing to honour the winning bids on grounds of the items being counterfeit then surely,ebay would have to acknowledge what is happening here wouldnt they ?

Just a thought on making things difficult for the crooks…….

Social source share

I can't believe that if somebody is prepared to pay that sort of dosh that they don't actually know what they're doing , if you know what I mean.

I'm no expert at all but have been around long enough to know how to check things out , bloody mental really !

Swifty:thumbsup:

Social source share

26 minutes ago, harrogatesoul said:

All the bids are   (private listing - bidders' identities protected ) including wining bid and this was for the intersection single as well,is this the seller hoping someone jumps in or what ? can't be coincident.  Andy

• Helpful 1
Social source share