News: Maurice White - RIP

Addio

RIP Maurice. The brains and driving force behind one the greatest soul bands of all time. Excellent live performers too. I saw them at Wembley Arena in 1988.

I can't seem to be able to embed the you tube clip but below is a link to "That's The Way Of The World"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vIIZydXDqg

Edited by daved
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, SWIFTY said:

I was there , what a night !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Small world Swifty  .....  great gig :)  I saw them a few times ..NEC Birmingham , when they did the space ship tour and all disappeared into the ship then exploded and all had  vanished .... and reappeared underneath as the helmet clad aliens..  What a band .. don't make them like that anymore     

Social source share

5 minutes ago, SWIFTY said:

Bloody hell mate went to that one also :thumbsup: and I'm pleased you put that about the spaceship, aliens and explosion because I was

trying to explain to my young oppo (only 24) in the office about this earlier and kinda looked at me gone out :lol:

Cheers

Swifty

Showing our age now mate :):) .... I travelled the length and breadth of the country to see bands .. still do .. just now I stay more or less in and around London as a Southern Scouser  ... Incognito last month at the Jazz Café , which has just closed its doors as new owners are refurbishing it .. had my Alexander O'Neil tickets reissued to XOYO ..

Our paths must have crossed a few times then mate .. without knowing :) 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!