The truth is out there

Ratt

Going back to nighters of the 70's, I have a memory, maybe it's a figment of my imagination, but I can recall a VOCAL version  of Al Kent himself, singing 'You Got To Pay The Price'. I would dearly love to hear it again if it exists, but trolling through YouTube in the hope of finding it, well nothing, not even a mention of his own vocal version anywhere. So could you guys put my mind at rest one way or the other and let me know if it is just a dream. Maybe some kind hearted soul (no pun intended) could even upload it to You tube. I know it's not the best of his tracks, but it just bugs me to have a memory I'm not sure isn't fiction.

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Much as I love the Gloria Taylor version, which I do remember. It's playing with my mind; a memory of being in the St Ives nighter (others also) and hearing back to back, the vocal, then instrumental, with the vocal being a man, who I always thought was Al Kent. It sounded like him anyway. 

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, HILL868 said:

Revelation different record altogether !

It is, but at the time of release it was generally described on lists and mags as a vocal version to The Brothers. Accepted it is not the same backing track but there there is a thread in there!

Kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!